Obama to cut healthcare benefits for active duty and retired US military

For some years now I have been reading all the evil things Obama was going to do, first if elected, and then after the election, all the evil things Obama is going to do if he stays in office, then the evil things obama will do if reelected. Soon we will be reading of all the evil things Obama will be doing to America after he leaves office. I only wish I had kept a list. This is the latest of how many?

Your link is a year old, and doesn't bother to actually link to any such "proposal".

So for all intents and purposes, it's bullshit.

Which your partisan reply makes no god damn sense.

The Obama administration’s proposed defense budget
That's all you need to talk about.

Actually, no. We don't need to talk about that at all, at least not until you can prove that the Obama administration actually proposed anything like that.

Your link is a year old, and doesn't bother to actually link to any such "proposal".

So for all intents and purposes, it's bullshit.

Actually, no. We don't need to talk about that at all, at least not until you can prove that the Obama administration actually proposed anything like that.

Of course you don't want to talk about obama you want to stay as far away from the discussion as possible
But you must defend him.

Budget request includes TRICARE cut, military retirement details

Budget request includes TRICARE cut, military retirement details - Defense - GovExec.com

Does anyone realize when the government or the private sector says they are cutting the cost of health care they are not cutting the cost? They are merely moving who pays the cost? Health care costs are rising and rising without a shred of concern for the working man. During the Obamatax talks the drug companies were taken care of behind closed doors so expect very little help from that direction.

"Health care costs are rising and rising without a shred of concern for the working man." For too long.

Attachments

• $121510-snapshot.jpg
    $121510-snapshot.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 27
  • $health spending.jpg
    $health spending.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 34
Budget request includes TRICARE cut, military retirement details

Budget request includes TRICARE cut, military retirement details - Defense - GovExec.com

Does anyone realize when the government or the private sector says they are cutting the cost of health care they are not cutting the cost? They are merely moving who pays the cost? Health care costs are rising and rising without a shred of concern for the working man. During the Obamatax talks the drug companies were taken care of behind closed doors so expect very little help from that direction.

"Health care costs are rising and rising without a shred of concern for the working man." For too long.

No talk of cutting public sector union benefits.

Of course you don't want to talk about obama you want to stay as far away from the discussion as possible
But you must defend him.

Calling your year-old link with nothing to support it bullshit isn't "defending Obama".

Congress has had a whole year since the article was written, have they passed Obamas plan?

Also, it doest link any real specifics to what the plan is, and doesn't mention what those "union" workers are paying compared to retirees

Tricare shouldn't be safe. We've not had a significant increase to it in quite some time.

Increasingly costly benefits for U.S. troops, if left unchecked, would force the military to shed so many war fighters that it would struggle to perform even its simplest missions.

The massive cost of America's all-volunteer military is unsustainable, states a blunt report released by a Washington, D.C.-based think tank Thursday.

"Over the past decade, the cost per person in the active duty force increased by 46 percent," the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Studies concludes.​

Study Warns Cost of U.S. Troops 'Is Unsustainable

It's easy to listen to someone like McGrath and think the military should be doing everything possible to recruit people like him, and then take care of them after they retire. But McGrath is the first to tell you that his military benefits — his $3,000 pension, and his health care — are costing his country too much money.

"My health care costs me the equivalent of approximately one triple latte a week, about $20 a month," he says. "My view — and this is my view only – is that my 21 years of service [is] rolled up into a great big love of country, and I think my country is in trouble."

Military retiree benefits cost the Pentagon $50 billion a year. That's more than next year's entire budget for the Department of Homeland Security. There are 1.9 million military retirees drawing pay and benefits, compared to 1.5 million in the active duty force. In 2010, then-Defense Secretary Robert Gates said those costs are "eating the Defense Department alive."​

Cutting Retiree Benefits A Sore Subject For Military

I say absolutely not unless they also cut federal benefits as well, including the legislators.

Forum List

Back