🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama to issue Executive Order overturning SCOTUS

So him saying he would look to mitigate the effects of the ruling is the same as him saying hes going to overrule it? Not in the english language its not. Alarmist spin.

Yes, the President has no such authority.

Obama today stated that he will issue an order overturning the SCOTUS ruling on the mandate to provide abortion and contraceptives.

He can't overturn any of that.

It appears there so little wrong with obama that you all have to Streeeeeetch with these threads to make your case?

No, theres plenty wrong with him but hyperbole and sensationalism is the tool of the hacks.

So the Court ruled that employers do not have to pay for abortificants - but your god could "allow" insurance companies to "pay" for the coverage and roll it into the cost the company pays?

Tell me, using all five of your brain cells, how is that not directly defying the court ruling? How is that not overturning the decision of the court?

Because the company isn't paying for it in any way. It's only your fantasy that they "roll it into the cost."

The federal government already funds planned parenthood - which offers free contraception. So this obviously is not what the white house meant.

Even for you, that's a pathetic evasion. Planned Parenthood is not health insurance.

No, one openly defies the court order, and one does nothing at all.

Try again.

No need, given how fast your retreat has been. Everyone thinks you're lying here, so my work is done.

Yeah, there is an online poll on DailyKOS, and everyone is against it....

And that's why you lose elections, because you're so firmly entrenched in your reality-exclusion bubble. Read 'em and ... put your head deeper into the sand.

Rueters Poll, 53-35 against the SC decision
POLL-On eve of court ruling, Americans oppose contraceptive ban

Kaiser Poll, 61-32
Kaiser Health Tracking Poll: April 2014 | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Like those numbers? I do.

no my dear one, it is not different....they both have the SAME HORMONE, they both do the same things to prevent pregnancy...

Even though the link YOU posted states that birth control pills work by preventing ovulation rather than impeding the implantation of a fertilized egg in the uterus? :eek:

How do birth control pills work?

-Birth control pills contain hormones that prevent ovulation

Well shit, guess that directly contradicts your claim... :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

. These hormones also cause other changes in the body that
help prevent pregnancy. The mucus in the cervix thickens, which makes it hard for sperm to enter the uterus

. The lining of
the uterus thins, making it less likely that a fertilized egg can attach to it.

How effective are birth control pills in preventing pregnancy?

With typical use, about 8 in 100 women (8%) will become pregnant during the first year of using this method. When used perfectly, 1 in 100 women will become pregnant during the first year. To be effective at preventing pregnancy, the pill must
be taken every day at the same time each day http://www.acog.org/~/media/For Patients/faq021.pdf?dmc=1&ts=20140701T1713193967
How Does Plan B One-Step Work?

Depending upon where you are in your cycle, Plan B One-Step may work in one of these ways:

• It may prevent or delay ovulation.
  • It may interfere with fertilization of an egg.
It is also possible that this type of emergency birth control prevents implantation of a fertilized egg in the uterus by altering its lining. Plan B (Morning-After Pill): Effectiveness and Side Effects
so, the argument that plan b, the morning after pill is different than birth control pills is simply wrong.[/QUOTE]

While the effects may be similar, the fact remains that the pill works by blocking ovulation - not by impeding a fertilized egg. For those who believe that life begins at conception, this is a major distinction.

Because the company isn't paying for it in any way. It's only your fantasy that they "roll it into the cost."

Oh, because insurance companies are actually social welfare groups rather than well connected looters who spent billions putting Obama in office so they could gain unfettered access to the wallets of Americans with the implied force of the federal government backing them..

:thup:

Even for you, that's a pathetic evasion. Planned Parenthood is not health insurance.

And?

The statement that the federal government could provide contraceptives was posted by you.

It already does, sparky.

No need, given how fast your retreat has been. Everyone thinks you're lying here, so my work is done.

ROFL

You are a simpering dolt. The white house released a statement that was stupid - even by Obama standards. He was throwing red meat to the turds of the left who seek a dictatorship. that he would "go it alone."

The leftists came unglued that I should dare criticize your little tin god.

I said from the beginning - you would lie about this until exhausted - then you would start claiming that I am a reactionary and racist for not embracing Obama's brilliance of "going it alone against the do nothing court."

You morons are nothing, if not predictable

And that's why you lose elections, because you're so firmly entrenched in your reality-exclusion bubble. Read 'em and ... put your head deeper into the sand.

If this were a contraceptive ban, it might be relevant.

Try a poll on the actual issue, if a company has the first amendment right to not provide abortificants due to religious faith.

no my dear one, it is not different....they both have the SAME HORMONE, they both do the same things to prevent pregnancy...

Even though the link YOU posted states that birth control pills work by preventing ovulation rather than impeding the implantation of a fertilized egg in the uterus? :eek:

How do birth control pills work?

-Birth control pills contain hormones that prevent ovulation
Well shit, guess that directly contradicts your claim... :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

. These hormones also cause other changes in the body that
help prevent pregnancy. The mucus in the cervix thickens, which makes it hard for sperm to enter the uterus

. The lining of
the uterus thins, making it less likely that a fertilized egg can attach to it.

How effective are birth control pills in preventing pregnancy?

With typical use, about 8 in 100 women (8%) will become pregnant during the first year of using this method. When used perfectly, 1 in 100 women will become pregnant during the first year. To be effective at preventing pregnancy, the pill must
be taken every day at the same time each day http://www.acog.org/~/media/For Patients/faq021.pdf?dmc=1&ts=20140701T1713193967
How Does Plan B One-Step Work?

Depending upon where you are in your cycle, Plan B One-Step may work in one of these ways:

• It may prevent or delay ovulation.
  • It may interfere with fertilization of an egg.
It is also possible that this type of emergency birth control prevents implantation of a fertilized egg in the uterus by altering its lining. Plan B (Morning-After Pill): Effectiveness and Side Effects
so, the argument that plan b, the morning after pill is different than birth control pills is simply wrong.

While the effects may be similar, the fact remains that the pill works by blocking ovulation - not by impeding a fertilized egg. For those who believe that life begins at conception, this is a major distinction.

That's what Plan B does, it stops ovulation, just like the birth control pill, HOWEVER this is not fool proof with either pill, thus the thicken mucus on both and the thinning of the lining of the uterus, are also effects of the plan b pill and the birth control pill, so there are some other methods in which BOTH of these pills can prevent pregnancy.

Plan B and Birth control pills DO NOT END a pregnancy.....the hormones in plan b and in birth control pills can not kill a fertilized egg that has implanted, nor can EITHER kill a fertilized egg....

the number one thing that plan B does, IS STOP OVULATION from occurring

the number one thing that Birth control pills do is STOP OULATION from occurring.

THEY ARE THE SAME HORMONE, and they do the PRECISE SAME THINGS...there is absolutely no difference what so ever, between the two....the same hormone in Plan B is also the main hormone in most all Birth control Pills... instead of giving the woman a little bit of this hormone every day of the month to prevent ovulation, plan b gives them something like the month's worth of that hormone, in one day, preventing ovulation from taking place near immediately if it was scheduled to take place....

surely you can read up on this, in the medical arena, and see this for yourself...and so could Hobby Lobby, for that matter....but in this case, intentional ignorance on the subject, was bliss for them....

and as you said, that isn't the real point of the ruling and what the ruling was about....

Millions of Fox News viewers and TeaTards will go around believing that it's true, Obama is "reversing" a SCOTUS decision.

It's scary how stupid the American public is.

Oh, because insurance companies are actually social welfare groups rather than well connected looters who spent billions putting Obama in office so they could gain unfettered access to the wallets of Americans with the implied force of the federal government backing them..

And?

The statement that the federal government could provide contraceptives was posted by you.

It already does, sparky.

ROFL

You are a simpering dolt. The white house released a statement that was stupid - even by Obama standards. He was throwing red meat to the turds of the left who seek a dictatorship. that he would "go it alone."

I said from the beginning - you would lie about this until exhausted - then you would start claiming that I am a reactionary and racist for not embracing Obama's brilliance of "going it alone against the do nothing court."

Try a poll on the actual issue, if a company has the first amendment right to not provide abortificants due to religious faith.
None of them are abortificants, they prevent pregnancy from happening, BUT hobby Lobby believes they are, so that's all that matters, THEY BELIEVE they are abortificants and against their religious beliefs,( even though in reality, they are not).

And?

It already does, sparky.

ROFL

None of them are abortificants, they prevent pregnancy from happening, BUT hobby Lobby believes they are, so that's all that matters, THEY BELIEVE they are abortificants and against their religious beliefs,( even though in reality, they are not).

Yes, and there remains debate over whether Plan B can prevent impantation of a fertilized egg, also many 'standard' birth control pills have dual function:

Answer: Birth control pills, also known as oral contraceptives (OC's) have the main goal each month of preventing your reproductive system from releasing an egg. Generally speaking, birth control pills prevent pregnancy by suppressing ovulation. Another way that birth control pills prevent pregnancy is that they encourage the cervical mucous to be thick and tacky. Finally, birth control pills help to make the lining of the uterus less receptive to implantation.

How Birth Control Pills Prevent Pregnancy

Either way, there is interference with normal reproductive function.

There are two possibilities, I am relaying a news story, or I am making it up.

Since I've posted many links - there really is only one possibility.

You object to me relaying what the media reports Obama to have said.

They've reported no such thing.

"White House will consider whether president can act on his own to mitigate effect of Supreme Court contraception ruling"

You're a liar.

ROFL

Huff less paint fucktard.

Those are the exact words on every media outlet. You morons are in a panic.

I understand, you fought the first amendment, and the first amendment won...

Go have a good cry and kiss your poster of Stalin - you'll feel better.

you do understand that 'mitigate' and 'overturn' are two completely different, things, don't you? You're either lying or stupid.

mit·i·gate
ˈmitəˌgāt/Submit
verb
make less severe, serious, or painful.

Hmmm . . . if the FDA reclassifies the four drug as non-abortiants, then, yes, the admin could get around the ruling

that's interesting

"White House will consider whether president can act on his own to mitigate effect of Supreme Court contraception ruling"

You're a liar.

Look at the self avowed "Independent" (Think Bernie Sanders)in meltdown over his boy King being called out.

Please quote me any publication that claims Obama said he will issue an Executive Order overturning SCOTUS."

We're all waiting with baited breath.....

Last edited:

You're a liar.

ROFL

No, they're not.

I agree with the SCOTUS decision, moron.

None of them are abortificants,

You lost that argument. The court ruled that the religious views of people cannot be denied, even if the left is convinced they should be.

they prevent pregnancy from happening, BUT hobby Lobby believes they are, so that's all that matters, THEY BELIEVE they are abortificants and against their religious beliefs,( even though in reality, they are not).

Then the reality is that;

1.) This ruling has zero impact on a woman's ability to get contraceptives
2.) It has zero impact on the availability of abortificants.
3.) It has zero impact on abortion.

All it does is confirm the 1st Amendment rights of people to object to being forced to pay for things that violate their religious beliefs.

You're a liar.

ROFL

you do understand that 'mitigate' and 'overturn' are two completely different, things, don't you? You're either lying or stupid.

mit·i·gate
ˈmitəˌgāt/Submit
verb
make less severe, serious, or painful.

Comrade, do you know what quotation marks are?

Do you grasp the concept of hyperlinks?

I use both, liberally.

Forum List

Back