Obama to Lift Ban on Overseas Abortion Funding

Pregnancy is a temporary condition; adoption is forever.

You trivialize pregnancy and giving birth if you call it a temporary condition.

How about you do something about getting all the all ready existing unadopted children into homes before trying to bully women into bringing more unwanted ones into the world?

But pregnancy is temporary. Otherwise no one would ever go through it.

then if you do not want fruit, dont allow yourself to be pollinated. It is ALSO your body before become a fruit bearer .
Are you saying a woman should be punished for having sex by being made to bear a child?

Children arent a punishment. They are a natural consequence for engaging in sexual activity. So yes if you are going to have sex, you should be responsible for the consequences. Especially when they involve another human life.

So, to me, all of this shows that even back then, in the most prudish and strictest of times for women, they were still not treated the way those on the right opposing abortion, treat them now....calling them murderers, and all kinds of SHIT, that is nothing but the work of the Devil and NOT of Jesus Christ who WOULD BE compassionate and forgiving, again, imo.

Please. Lose the hysteria. If you don't want to have a kid, then take the precautions to avoid pregnancy in the first place.

then if you do not want fruit, dont allow yourself to be pollinated. It is ALSO your body before become a fruit bearer .
Are you saying a woman should be punished for having sex by being made to bear a child?

What punishment? If she doesn't want a kid, then prevent the pregnancy in the first place. She may then sleep all over town if she wishes.

Since when do you get to exercise a right that infringes on another persons rights?

I disagree that the UNBORN are the most vulnerable among us.....because they are NOT among us yet...when they are BORN they are the most vulnerable AMONG us.

but the foetus does not have ''life'' until it is birthed and breathes imo.

I agree. And you make a good point that they are not among us till they are born.
Until they are born they are part of the woman who is pregnant. Her body, her property. No one else's.

So the difference between a 6 1/2 month in the womb, and one that is delivered prematurely is what?? Air exposure? UV Light?? Magic pixie dust in the c-section scar that suddenly makes a "life" difference?

Neither can survive on their own....

I'll tell you the difference... there is NONE
A 6 1/2 month in the womb does not breathe and is dependant on the woman's body in whom it is located. It takes nutrients from her body.

A prematurely born baby exists apart from the woman's body from which it was born .It is no longer a part of her bady, thus no longer her property.

I'm surprised I should have to spell out those obvious facts to you.

BTW Too much money and effort is spent on try to keep the very early preemies alive. It's sick. Doctors are just experimenting on them with.

I disagree that the UNBORN are the most vulnerable among us.....because they are NOT among us yet...when they are BORN they are the most vulnerable AMONG us.

but the foetus does not have ''life'' until it is birthed and breathes imo.

I agree. And you make a good point that they are not among us till they are born.
Until they are born they are part of the woman who is pregnant. Her body, her property. No one else's.

So the difference between a 6 1/2 month in the womb, and one that is delivered prematurely is what?? Air exposure? UV Light?? Magic pixie dust in the c-section scar that suddenly makes a "life" difference?

A 6 1/2 month old fetus in the womb does not breathe and is dependent on the woman's body in whom it is located. It takes nutrients from her body.

A prematurely born baby exists apart from the woman's body from which it was born. It is no longer a part of her body, thus no longer her property.

BTW Too much money and effort is spent on try to keep the very early preemies alive. It's sick. Doctors are just experimenting on them.

Last edited:
What punishment? If she doesn't want a kid, then prevent the pregnancy in the first place. She may then sleep all over town if she wishes.

Since when do you get to exercise a right that infringes on another persons rights?

Shit happens Phil. And I agree with your last part, if only the anti-abortionists would listen (and no, a foetus is not a person....yet)

A 6 1/2 month old fetus in the womb does not breathe and is dependent on the woman's body in whom it is located. It takes nutrients from her body.

A prematurely born baby exists apart from the woman's body from which it was born. It is no longer a part of her body, thus no longer her property.

BTW Too much money and effort is spent on try to keep the very early preemies alive. It's sick. Doctors are just experimenting on them.

I think he meant that in the NICU a 6 1/2 m/o baby has been proven viable.

Pregnancy is a temporary condition; adoption is forever.

You trivialize pregnancy and giving birth if you call it a temporary condition.

How about you do something about getting all the all ready existing unadopted children into homes before trying to bully women into bringing more unwanted ones into the world?

Do you get bullied to have a lot of unwanted kids ?
Shoving misleading photos into the faces of women seeking abortions, calling them baby killers, sinners etc, bombing clinics and killing doctors is all part of the attempt to bully women into giving birth to children they want to abort.

Do you think we should keep trying to bring more unwanted, uncared for children into this world when so many are already looking for homes?

So then government should not protect any innocent life?

Out of one side of their mouth they say the government must not insert themselves,, out of the other side they say the government must pay for it.. oh the hypocrisy. :lol:

Thanks for getting the thread back on topic Willow.

What do the pro-choice advocates say about this?

I'm happy with Obama's decision to allow groups that discuss abortion as an option to be included in receiving international assistance. If it's already budgeted; I have no problem with these groups receiving it as well. However I don't argue with those that said earlier that we have a lot of problems in this country that the foreign aid could be going to instead. I agree that we should make sure our own citizens are taken care of first with any federal monies.

Forum List

Back