Exclusive: Harris leads Trump 44% to 42% in US presidential race, Reuters/Ipsos poll finds

I definitely don't spend an extra grand a month--and my lifestyle has not changed a whit. House is still paid for..as is car.
I shop at Winco..my groceries have gone up by $60 per visit. Gas is a wash..as it just keeps rising and falling. Streaming bill has gone up. As that's a luxury--not sure if it really counts. My local coffee house dropped their prices for an Americano..from $5 to $4.25.
Cars and property are a lot more expensive..if you can even find a house. Not sure if that's an inflation thing though..more supply and demand?

Point is, here in Twin Falls Idaho, It's not that bad. Of course, the state goes to Trump..so politically, it's irrelevant.
Look at the compliant sheep unwilling to fight the establishment taking out middle Americans

Well, this does explain why Biden dropped out, Harris appears to be far more competitive:

Vice President Kamala Harris opened up a marginal two-percentage-point lead over Republican Donald Trump after President Joe Biden ended his re-election campaign and passed the torch to her, a Reuters/Ipsos poll found.
That compares with a marginal two-point deficit Biden faced against Trump in last week's poll before his Sunday exit from the race.
The new poll, conducted on Monday and Tuesday, followed both the Republican National Convention where Trump on Thursday formally accepted the nomination and Biden's announcement on Sunday he was leaving the race and endorsing Harris.

Harris, whose campaign says she has secured the Democratic nomination, led Trump 44% to 42% in the national poll, a difference within the 3-percentage-point margin of error.
Harris and Trump were tied at 44% in a July 15-16 poll, and Trump led by one percentage point in a July 1-2 poll, both within the same margin of error.
While nationwide surveys give important signals of American support for political candidates, a handful of competitive states typically tilt the balance in the U.S. Electoral College, which ultimately decides who wins a presidential election.

A pollster with Trump's campaign played down any polling showing an increase in Harris' support, arguing that she was likely to see a temporary rise in popularity because of widespread media coverage of her new candidacy.
"That bump is likely to start showing itself over the next few days and will last for a while," pollster Tony Fabrizio said in a memo circulated to reporters by Trump's campaign.
Candidates often expect a bump after formally accepting their party's nomination at stage-managed, televised conventions such as the one that Trump had last week. But the poll showed no sign of that.

Bump or not, the most recent Reuters/Ipsos poll underscored the rationale for Biden dropping out of the race and for Harris replacing him on the ticket.
1721866221063.png

Look at the compliant sheep unwilling to fight the establishment taking out middle Americans
Dude, I live here in Idaho..and that's my take...Middle-America? Where, pray tell, exactly is that? Kansas? Nebraska?
..Or do you mean the Middle-class..which is alive and well, here in Twin Falls.

Maybe you need to pick up some extra bucks..maybe a side job?

I definitely don't spend an extra grand a month--and my lifestyle has not changed a whit. House is still paid for..as is car.
I shop at Winco..my groceries have gone up by $60 per visit. Gas is a wash..as it just keeps rising and falling. Streaming bill has gone up. As that's a luxury--not sure if it really counts. My local coffee house dropped their prices for an Americano..from $5 to $4.25.
Cars and property are a lot more expensive..if you can even find a house. Not sure if that's an inflation thing though..more supply and demand?
Point is, here in Twin Falls Idaho, It's not that bad. Of course, the state goes to Trump..so politically, it's irrelevant.
What pissed me off is that my favorite sandwich meat went up 50% in price recently.
We cut back on meat. Democrats are ruining the country.

Well, this does explain why Biden dropped out, Harris appears to be far more competitive:

Reuters poll is old.

Today's poll

TOPLINE​

Jul 24, 2024,02:07pm EDT

Former President Donald Trump leads Vice President Kamala Harris by three or fewer points in four surveys taken after President Joe Biden dropped his re-election bid—but trails Harris in a fifth survey.

What pissed me off is that my favorite sandwich meat went up 50% in price recently.
We cut back on meat. Democrats are ruining the country.
C'mon man..has it occurred to you that most of this has jack to do with Democrats or Republicans alone..but all of them together?

Our Inflation was a direct consequence of the massive influx of money via the COVID stimulus packages. Everyone knew it was going to happen, some even railed against it. But the people wanted some bucks..and the politicians wanted to be the good guys--both parties. Trump was totally onboard with it..as long as he could see a benefit for himself--and he was against it..when it suited his mood. Everyone else..save a handful...piled on the bandwagon.
So, a few years later..we have to pay for our play.
You want someone to blame...might have to give the people of this country their fair share.

I might mention that times like these are golden to many business people, you see, once people are accustomed to higher prices...they can ratchet up everything..under the guise of, 'it's that damn inflation'!

You can type bullshit. I shopped for groceries today, and the prices are going up, and up, and up.

Biden and Kamala are disasters. No prices are coming down you fucking Low-IQ moron.

No, you did not, and no, they are not going up. You are lying yet again. Dementia Donny is going to be easily defeated and will be remanded on Novembe 6 into federal custody on November 6.

No, you did not, and no, they are not going up. You are lying yet again. Dementia Donny is going to be easily defeated and will be remanded on Novembe 6 into federal custody on November 6.

President Trump.....
President Trump.....
President Trump.....

I wonder if Joe Biden can say that three times without biting his tongue.

And Harris will find her self biting something else if she tries.

Camel Hindenburg. Full of hot hydrogen and going down in flames (going down so suites her).

Dude, I live here in Idaho..and that's my take...Middle-America? Where, pray tell, exactly is that? Kansas? Nebraska?
..Or do you mean the Middle-class..which is alive and well, here in Twin Falls.

Maybe you need to pick up some extra bucks..maybe a side job?
You have no idea country

But you'll be the first one on here in November saying the election was fixed.
Says the guy ok with throwing out 14 million votes to Biden and install Harris who didn’t get one, don’t come in here preaching democracy

Forum List

Back