Obama Ukranian Response Thread and Poll

What should Obama do about Putin's Ukraine grab?

• Nothing, same as always

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Go on Letterman Show and issue a stern warning

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Apologize for American greatness

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Break off his date with Reggie Love and actually attend a National Security meeting

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Appoint Bill Clinton special envoy to things above Obamas paygrade

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
Obama needs our help

What should Obama do about Putin's Sudetenlandization of the Ukraine?

The Obama For America trolls at USMB will report the results back to their handlers

In a major crisis of this proportion I think every American should examine their visceral reactions very closely. There are not many realistic options available to Obama. The Europeans have their own set of priorities, Russian gas and resources for example. I think, or hope we're all agreed a military response is off the table. Putin knows this. That leaves diplomacy. Every American reponse looks futile without European cooperation especially from France and Germany.

Obama's options are also limited by opposition within America. I think the seriousness of the crisis requires at least a temporary show of unity, give the Commander in Chief a little space to deall with Putin who is obviously relishing the sniping the president is under going from his own citizens. It's a time to give the Commander in Chief all the support possible, and if not support at least silence. It's an old caution, a house divided cannot stand.

The President will never recieve this support, and Putin knows it.

I just think it's a shame. And shameful.

Obama needs our help

He should revert to the logic of the old Conservative Party, the one that thought Washington lacked the competence to run a laundromat much less control the geopolitical outcomes on far way continents.

Contrary to the beliefs of the current Republcan party, there are some problems that can't be fixed by Washington Intervention.

Hold on to your wallets folks because the GOP will be back in charge of the military in 2016. The War on Terrorism is coming back with a vengeance, with FOX News running 24/7 color coded terror alerts, priming the obedient puppets for a massive increase in defense spending and a Big Government military solution for every global conflict.

The old Republican Party is dead. The new Republican Party believes there is no global problem that is suitably beyond the centralized power of Washington Intervention. Folks, the new GOP voter trusts his party leaders more than any voting block in history. These people believe that there is no global problem that Washington can't fix. They don't understand that despite the best of intentions, there are some problems Washington can't solve.

Grab your wallets people ... for the real soldiers of Big Government are coming back.

The U.S. can't support a Revolution in Ukraine and then set up puppet rulers while complaining Russia isn't respecting Ukraine by being invited into Crimea.

But-----but I don't think President Obama should stand by and do nothing, IMO the President should sell Ukraine the billions of dollars worth of make-work tanks that congress forced the Army to buy and-----and President Obama should sweet talk Ukraine into buying a bunch of F-35's, i.e. the most expensive military program ever and maybe-----just maybe we can recover enough money in the sale to be only 50% over budget for an unnecessary program? and-----and perhaps, with a little luck, the Ukrainians can learn to fly them without crashing then-----then teach us how it's done.

*Twofer - satisfy our treaty obligation and cut the deficit that is already going down under President Obama, win-win.

Not a meritless proposition.

I realize that's not a wad of tobacco in your cheek but I would still ask the question.....

How do you get them there? Have Scotty beam them up....?

Your willingness to let Ukraine cede the Crimea is very noble. That might be unavoidable but Potus isn't as willing as you to concede that just yet. Tallk about Chamberlain, you wield his umbrella admirably. Need a tampon?

I wish the left would make up its mind whether conservatives are war mongers or chickens.

Obama needs our help

The Obama For America trolls at USMB will report the results back to their handlers

In a major crisis of this proportion I think every American should examine their visceral reactions very closely. There are not many realistic options available to Obama. The Europeans have their own set of priorities, Russian gas and resources for example. I think, or hope we're all agreed a military response is off the table. Putin knows this. That leaves diplomacy. Every American reponse looks futile without European cooperation especially from France and Germany.

Obama's options are also limited by opposition within America. I think the seriousness of the crisis requires at least a temporary show of unity, give the Commander in Chief a little space to deall with Putin who is obviously relishing the sniping the president is under going from his own citizens. It's a time to give the Commander in Chief all the support possible, and if not support at least silence. It's an old caution, a house divided cannot stand.

The President will never recieve this support, and Putin knows it.

You ignorant fucks can't help but blame Republicans for -- Everything, can you?

Cockbreath, gutless shitheads.

What fucking support does the lying cocksucker in chief need from us?

Tell us... Does he want me to fly to Washington and bounce him on my knee? Is that it?

Does he want me to pat him on the back and tell him what a good boy he is?

Fuck you. Seriously, fuck you, eat shit and go kill yourself you fucking whiny-assed pussy.

the liar in chief has all the power. He is the Commnader in Chief of the United States Military. he, and he alone, can freeze Russian assets. He and he alone can order a Carrier Group into the Black Sea (even though it's against the rules).

He and he alone can halt grain shipments, stop payment on moneys owed Russia and impound Russian assets.

Fuck you, you whiney bitch.

The reason we're putting the lying cocksucker in chief down is simple.... He is a gutless, lying, back-stabbing, honorless coward who brays like an ass, won't keep his word and would just as soon stab an ally in the back as look at him.

IOW, a dimocrap. One of yours.

He needs SHIT from Republicans or anybody else. It's all on him. 100%

And he doesn't have the balls to do anything but bitch... Just like you....

"The Devil made me do it, Mom. Honest."

Scumbag

But-----but I don't think President Obama should stand by and do nothing, IMO the President should sell Ukraine the billions of dollars worth of make-work tanks that congress forced the Army to buy and-----and President Obama should sweet talk Ukraine into buying a bunch of F-35's, i.e. the most expensive military program ever and maybe-----just maybe we can recover enough money in the sale to be only 50% over budget for an unnecessary program? and-----and perhaps, with a little luck, the Ukrainians can learn to fly them without crashing then-----then teach us how it's done.

*Twofer - satisfy our treaty obligation and cut the deficit that is already going down under President Obama, win-win.

Not a meritless proposition.

I realize that's not a wad of tobacco in your cheek but I would still ask the question.....

How do you get them there? Have Scotty beam them up....?

Never mind that. Ukraine is nearly bankrupt. They dont have any money for weapons systems like that.

Obama needs our help

He should revert to the logic of the old Conservative Party, the one that thought Washington lacked the competence to run a laundromat much less control the geopolitical outcomes on far way continents.

Contrary to the beliefs of the current Republcan party, there are some problems that can't be fixed by Washington Intervention.

Hold on to your wallets folks because the GOP will be back in charge of the military in 2016. The War on Terrorism is coming back with a vengeance, with FOX News running 24/7 color coded terror alerts, priming the obedient puppets for a massive increase in defense spending and a Big Government military solution for every global conflict.

The old Republican Party is dead. The new Republican Party believes there is no global problem that is suitably beyond the centralized power of Washington Intervention. Folks, the new GOP voter trusts his party leaders more than any voting block in history. These people believe that there is no global problem that Washington can't fix. They don't understand that despite the best of intentions, there are some problems Washington can't solve.

Grab your wallets people ... for the real soldiers of Big Government are coming back.

I agree to the point about 2016. I believe history and demographics have moved the U.S. beyond the neocon-llites of this forum and the nation. Strike first and think later is so yesterday. A yesterday we'll be paying for a long time yet.

Your willingness to let Ukraine cede the Crimea is very noble. That might be unavoidable but Potus isn't as willing as you to concede that just yet. Tallk about Chamberlain, you wield his umbrella admirably. Need a tampon?

I wish the left would make up its mind whether conservatives are war mongers or chickens.

I wish the far right would choose and stop flopping back and forth to which ever posture they thought was most anti-Obama.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."

Your sig should read;

"Every Edgetho-deranged man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the white flag, and begin to slit his own throat."

The only ones baffled are his supporters - Putin has long sized up boy Obama!

Since Obama in general has been running rings around Putin, people are confident he'll do well here. Putin and Russia are now isolated on the world stage. Obama helped accomplish that by not having the USA constantly act like a dick. If the conservatives here had their way, it would have gotten defined as a USA-Russia conflict, and all nations would have had to take sides. Instead, it's now AllAboutRussia.

The moral? Community Organizers make kickass diplomats. Same skill set. It's never about looking tough; it's about achieving a goal. Doing it quietly is usually better than loudly.

Now, if you want a chill to go up your spine, imagine a McCain/Palin admin dealing with Putin. It would be "run for the fallout shelters" time, with two crazy administrations facing off.

Last edited:

Since Obama in general has been running rings around Putin, people are confident he'll do well here. Putin and Russia are now isolated on the world stage. Obama helped accomplish that by not having the USA constantly act like a dick. If the conservatives here had their way, it would have gotten defined as a USA-Russia conflict, and all nations would have had to take sides. Instead, it's now AllAboutRussia.

The moral? Community Organizers make kickass diplomats. Same skill set. It's never about looking tough; it's about achieving a goal. Doing it quietly is usually better than loudly.

Now, if you want a chill to go up your spine, imagine a McCain/Palin admin dealing with Putin. It would be "run for the fallout shelters" time, with two crazy administrations facing off.

Obama's running rings around Putin?

Wow.

Can you fill us in on the details, maybe after the LSD wears off

I wish the far right would choose and stop flopping back and forth to which ever posture they thought was most anti-Obama.

Please post examples of alleged flopping back and forth. Your misperceptions dont count.

You sure have a high opinion of the former rock star. His skill set has done nothing regarding Putin...other than embolding Putin. just sayin'....:eusa_whistle:

Wow.

Obama has Putin right where he wants. Obama declared that Assad must go. But he really meant he wanted Assad to stay. Putin played right into Obama's trick and guaranteed that Assad would head up Syria forever.
Then Obama tricked Putin into lying to him just a couple of days ago when Putin said he wasnt sending troops to the Ukraine. See, Obama made Putin look bad because now everyone knows he lies.
Do you see how incredibly smart Obama is?? Obama knew the Olympics would cost way more than they bring in. So he went to the committee to ask them to put it in Chicago. Because he knew otherwise they might pick Chicago and it would bad for the city. That's just one example of how smart this genius of a president is!

Wow.

Obama has Putin right where he wants. Obama declared that Assad must go. But he really meant he wanted Assad to stay. Putin played right into Obama's trick and guaranteed that Assad would head up Syria forever.
Then Obama tricked Putin into lying to him just a couple of days ago when Putin said he wasnt sending troops to the Ukraine. See, Obama made Putin look bad because now everyone knows he lies.
Do you see how incredibly smart Obama is?? Obama knew the Olympics would cost way more than they bring in. So he went to the committee to ask them to put it in Chicago. Because he knew otherwise they might pick Chicago and it would bad for the city. That's just one example of how smart this genius of a president is!

Not only that, but obama told the Russians to stop sending troops into the Crimea and just look at how intimidated these guys are by such a strong, firm and staunch man --

militari-rusi-708x500.jpg

They look pretty scared to me.

So anyway...

Russians Seize Ukrainian Ferry, Move Troops In - NBC News

How low does a human being have to be in order to look up to a scumbag like obama? :dunno:

Please post examples of alleged flopping back and forth. Your misperceptions dont count.

The first one that comes to mind was the full-throated support for the Bush admins. chipping away at civil liberties post 9/11. I opposed that. The far right didn't. Yet they were loud in the condemnation of Obama's NSA intrusions on civil libertiies. So was I.

Another. They fully supported Bush's Iraq invasion and we know what the cost of that was. And yet they pick at Obama's drone program that targets terrorists and has a lot less cost in American and innocent lives.

Bush's spendthrift ways vs. Obama's. I could go on...

The first one that comes to mind was the full-throated support for the Bush admins. chipping away at civil liberties post 9/11. I opposed that. The far right didn't. Yet they were loud in the condemnation of Obama's NSA intrusions on civil libertiies. So was I.

Another. They fully supported Bush's Iraq invasion and we know what the cost of that was. And yet they pick at Obama's drone program that targets terrorists and has a lot less cost in American and innocent lives.

Bush's spendthrift ways vs. Obama's. I could go on...

OK so you have no examples. Conservatives opposed chipping away at civil liberties. Liberals opposed it when Bush did it, supported it when Obama did.
I'd say the libs are flip flopping. But you never supported your statement other than more generalizations.

Wow.

That has to be where she was headed. A few more hours before the LSD wears off and she'll tell us herself

Sent from my Chinese Supercomputer made from XBox parts Bush sent to China

Forum List

Back