Obama Ukranian Response Thread and Poll

What should Obama do about Putin's Ukraine grab?

• Nothing, same as always

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Go on Letterman Show and issue a stern warning

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Apologize for American greatness

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Break off his date with Reggie Love and actually attend a National Security meeting

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Appoint Bill Clinton special envoy to things above Obamas paygrade

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
[

Come on Joe... The left always likes to compare the US against other developed countries when talking gun control, corporate taxes etc, yet when the comparison is made in other areas the left says, 'why should I give a fuck about an internal fight in the Ukraine? '

-Geaux

The Ukraine isn't a developed country.

GDP (nominal)

2013 estimate

Total

$175.527 billion[4]

Per capita

$3,862[4]

Gini (2010)

25.6[5]
low

The Ukraine has only existed as an independent country for about 23 years. And it's pretty clearly they are incapable of governing themselves, given that they are going hat in hand to the EU and Russia.

Russia offered them a better deal, but they didn't like Russian Charity and threw out the guy they elected.

Again, not seeing how this is our problem.

No different than Obama turning 'with hat in hand' to the FED in a failed attempt to bailout his failed economic policies

-Geaux

[

No different than Obama turning 'with hat in hand' to the FED in a failed attempt to bailout his failed economic policies

-Geaux

thenakedtimehd1013.jpg

"Captain, the arguments are straining. I don't think she canna take any more!!!"

"Dammit, I need more false equivlencies, Scotty!!!"

Obama is relying on what the military is advising him on.
Plus no matter what he does Limbaugh and Hannity have a field day and their ratings go up.

Fact is what we have is a foreign policy EXACTLY THE SAME as what Bush set up.
And folks still bitch about it.

Reagan was a real man.
He stood up and admitted he made a mistake when he sent troops into Lebanon on the advice of the hawks in his administration.
241 good Marines died that day.
NOT ONE American life is worth going into and fucking with the Russians and their fuck ups.
Plus who is the best ally we have against terror against the Muslim kooks other than Israel?
Putin and the Russians.

Obama is relying on what the military is advising him on.
Plus no matter what he does Limbaugh and Hannity have a field day and their ratings go up.

Fact is what we have is a foreign policy EXACTLY THE SAME as what Bush set up.
And folks still bitch about it.

It's a case 'When the Black Guy Does It, it's Bad."

Sure some may believe that but only a few.
The war now is partisan politics and both parties are equally to blame.
We see here daily Democrats labeling as evil anyone that votes Republican and/or makes a decent living without a hammer in their hand.

I voted 'other'

commit ritual seppuku would be my recommendation for him.

But since that would require things he doesn't have (honor, balls) the best thing he can do is SHUT.THE.FUCK.UP.

Putin doesn't like the lying-cocksucker-in-chief. At all.

Not since.... Well, ever. But he especially doesn't like him since Sochi.

the lying CS-in-chief not only sent queers and butt-rangers and muff-divers and other assorted deviants to the Winter Games, he threw it in Putin's face.

After Syria, Putin recognized him for what he is... A gutless, cowardly, back-stabbing faggot with no balls and even less integrity.

Okay. Lots of that going around these days. Especially in Western Europe and in the dimocrap party.

No biggie.

But when the lying CS in chief threw the gaywads, butt-rangers, transvestites, carpet-munchers and other deviants in Putin's face......? In his own Country?

It's on.

A man, a REAL MAN, might have had a chance of reasoning with Putin, "Vlad, we know you can't let go of The Crimea and your Black Sea Port. We know that a warm-water port has been a Russian Obsession since Peter The Great. But let's not make things any worse than they have to be. How can we avoid making things worse?"

But now, with a lying piece of fucking shit and a coward and a fag-boy in office who went out of his way to try make Putin look bad INSIDE HIS OWN COUNTRY.....??

It's on.

See, dimocrap scum..... When you have a pussy-boy in office (aka; dimocrap), things turn around and bite you in the ass.

Every time.

Sorry, man, exactly why should I give a fuck about an internal fight in the Ukraine?

Why is that worth one American life?

I mean, I know you Obama-Haters would find an excuse to hate Obama over this no matter what he did, so really your opinion on this is dubious at best.

Oh, ever notice how homophobes like Edgy describe gay stuff in such graphic detail because they are so disgusted by it?

Come on Joe... The left always likes to compare the US against other developed countries when talking gun control, corporate taxes etc, yet when the comparison is made in other areas the left says, 'why should I give a fuck about an internal fight in the Ukraine? '

-Geaux

Does Ukraine have single Payer health Care?

Bottom line here.............Non one wants a shooting War with Russia, and they don't want one with us. Both sides know any talk in this area is BS anyway.

Only through threats of economic impacts to Russia can we put pressure on them, and it is basically the only area we have a chance of making them back off. We would of course need NATO countries to back us up here.

The threats were empty that's why obama never should have made them. Britian has already said they won't go along with sanctions (neither will anyone else) and Germany has already said they will oppose any effort to kick Russia out of the G8.

OK... OK... OK...

From what little attention I've been paying, you and I work opposite sides of the street on half or more of the issues we post upon, including (quite possibly) Obama's lackluster under-performance re: the Ukraine, to date, however...

That last bit with the Star Trek characters was just too damned funny...

It pains me to say this, but... nicely done...
thumbs_up.gif

Bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha...

[

-Geaux

thenakedtimehd1013.jpg

"Captain, the arguments are straining. I don't think she canna take any more!!!"

"Dammit, I need more false equivlencies, Scotty!!!"

Bottom line here.............Non one wants a shooting War with Russia, and they don't want one with us. Both sides know any talk in this area is BS anyway.

Only through threats of economic impacts to Russia can we put pressure on them, and it is basically the only area we have a chance of making them back off. We would of course need NATO countries to back us up here.

The threats were empty that's why obama never should have made them. Britian has already said they won't go along with sanctions (neither will anyone else) and Germany has already said they will oppose any effort to kick Russia out of the G8.

Agreed....and now I think we're beginning to see what "globalization" is all about in the real world. Too many countries have vested interests in other countries to do anything regarding sanctions when it is warranted.

By Jove, I think you're on to something...

Agreed....and now I think we're beginning to see what "globalization" is all about in the real world. Too many countries have vested interests in other countries to do anything regarding sanctions when it is warranted.

Obama needs our help

What should Obama do about Putin's Sudetenlandization of the Ukraine?

The Obama For America trolls at USMB will report the results back to their handlers

What Obama needs to do is pay up on his bet with Vladimir Putin to see who would more artfully and impressively makes a statement.

Just like on the basketball court when you dunk on an opponent in a definitive manner and literally, "In yo FACE, Son!" Or on stage after you finish reciting your poem or singing your song you take the microphone and let it drop from your raised hand to the floor and walk off stage.

Putin outdid Obama when it came to Fundamentally Transforming his country.

Too much violence and loss of life detracts style points.

And Putin DEFINITELY did it with greater flair.

Even as the mother fokken Olympics were in full swing he was starting to execute this move.

So in that way that Mayors of SuperBowl losing cities have to send the Mayor of the winning team's city some symbolic prize like a few loaves of Sourdough Bread from San Francisco or whatever it is, wanna know what Obama has to pay Putin?

He has to send one of our nation's greatest actors to entertain Putin.

Wanna know who virtual dictator King Obama has at the top of his list of actors to send?

Perfectly typical of how Obama works.

Kevin Spacey.

(If you don't get the joke your Gaydar must be non-existent.)

Globalization cuts both ways. Increased interdependence means the penalty for bad behavior is much greater. Or the potential in this case anyway. If the Germans and French can put policy about Euros they might have a shot. But Im not optimistic. These are the same bunch that were supplying Saddam against sanctions regime.

Bingo... theoretically (on paper, or potentially), the penalties can, indeed, be much greater; however, given the playing field, and the sensitivities and vulnerabilities in this instance, I'm guessing that Theory and Practice will remain on opposite ends of the problem-solving spectrum, this time.

Globalization cuts both ways. Increased interdependence means the penalty for bad behavior is much greater. Or the potential in this case anyway. If the Germans and French can put policy about Euros they might have a shot. But Im not optimistic. These are the same bunch that were supplying Saddam against sanctions regime.

Bingo... theoretically (on paper, or potentially), the penalties can, indeed, be much greater; however, given the playing field, and the sensitivities and vulnerabilities in this instance, I'm guessing that Theory and Practice will remain on opposite ends of the problem-solving spectrum, this time.

It depends. The question facing the Euros at this point is this:
Will they derive more benefit from keeping existing contracts and ties with Russia, and potentially losing those same ties with other former Soviet republics/Warsaw Pact countries, or the opposite.
It's pretty much a Euro question. I predict they will try to trim it both ways: allow Putin to take over the Ukraine but offer assurances to other countries they wont let that happen to them. The assurances are bullshit of course, and Putin knows it.

I do think this event has been misplayed.
What I am learning is that the Crimea is an autonomous region that is home to mostly ethnic Russians. The new Kiev regime was tossing around the idea of revoking Crimea's autonomy. AND the Russians have a treaty with with Ukraine that allows them 25,000 troops in Crimea. Right now I think they are somewhere near 15,000.

This doesn't look to me like the "naked aggression invasion" that it was made out to be. Dumb move - because you gin up a lot of animosity over the "invasion" and then you do nothing because there is really nothing for you to do.

Egg on your face.

Poorly played imho.

It depends. The question facing the Euros at this point is this:
Will they derive more benefit from keeping existing contracts and ties with Russia, and potentially losing those same ties with other former Soviet republics/Warsaw Pact countries, or the opposite.
It's pretty much a Euro question. I predict they will try to trim it both ways: allow Putin to take over the Ukraine but offer assurances to other countries they wont let that happen to them. The assurances are bullshit of course, and Putin knows it.
Rather like British and French assurances to Czechoslovakia after the Anschluss of Austria, I expect...

I do think this event has been misplayed.
What I am learning is that the Crimea is an autonomous region that is home to mostly ethnic Russians. The new Kiev regime was tossing around the idea of revoking Crimea's autonomy. AND the Russians have a treaty with with Ukraine that allows them 25,000 troops in Crimea. Right now I think they are somewhere near 15,000.

This doesn't look to me like the "naked aggression invasion" that it was made out to be. Dumb move - because you gin up a lot of animosity over the "invasion" and then you do nothing because there is really nothing for you to do.

Egg on your face.

Poorly played imho.

Yeah, the left has always been ready to parrot Moscow's line. All those African countries really wanted to be communist and the Soviets were merely helping.
Geez. No wonder Obama won two elections.

Forum List

Back