Obama Vineyard vacation at $7.6m private resort, over 75 rooms booked for staff

Bush was criticized for the frequency and duration of his vacations

The Obamas take two weeks a year....not once without accompanying Republican outrage

Want to take a guess on what the cost differences are between Crawford, Texas...and Martha's Vineyard & Hawaii? I'm going to go WAY out on a limb here, Winger and guess that one trip to either Martha's Vineyard or Hawaii costs the taxpayers as much as twenty trips to Crawford.

It's like someone on an expense account saying that he went to dinner less often than the guy before him while leaving out the part about his eating at Morton's while the other guy was going to Burger King. Know what I'm saying?

Barry and Michelle have expensive tastes...and we're the ones footing the bill.

You are way out on a limb.

Even with this report being correct..and I doubt it is..the bill comes to about 380,000 dollars.

I can hazard to say Martha's Vineyard is much less of a security nightmare than a private ranch with little or no facilities for a large group. I'll also "hazard" to say, in total? Bush's vacations were more expensive than Obama's.

Yeah, you're probably right, Sallow. All kinds of security nightmares on a Texas ranch out in the middle of nowhere! Rabid armadillos. Marauding coyotes. Tumbleweeds. Not like the Vineyard which is packed to overflowing with tourists from around the world.:cuckoo:

I'm in the restaurant business, little buddy and have first hand experience how they deal with little things like the President going out to dinner. Standard operating procedure is to basically "buy" the restaurant for the evening, keeping out the general public while the President is there. In a chic place like Martha's Vineyard that's a hefty price tag at the high end restaurants Barry and Michelle like to hit. Not so much in Crawford.

How much did the taxpayers pay to increase security at the Crawford ranch? Whether the President is at Marthas Vinyard or Crawford, you still need the same security detail and Presidential infrastructure

So what do you think the costs were to increase security in East Bum Fuck, Texas as compared to setting up security on Martha's Vineyard? I'm going to go WAY out on that limb again, Winger and say that it's a LOT cheaper to house Secret Service agents in Crawford than it is on the Vineyard!

Martha's Vineyard is a regular retreat for rich and powerful people. I'm guessing a large part of the security is already in place. The largest cost would be the usual Secret Service protection all presidents have. Securing a wide open ranch in "Bum Fuck" Texas on the other hand would be a logistical nightmare.

It only has to be done once, and the security and staff have accommodations on the premises which means no hotel bills. Unless of course, it's Biden. He charges rent for his staff.

The obama clan are exhausted from their vacation in Africa which followed the European vacation. They need a vacation to recover from all the other vacations.

How much did the taxpayers pay to increase security at the Crawford ranch? Whether the President is at Marthas Vinyard or Crawford, you still need the same security detail and Presidential infrastructure

So what do you think the costs were to increase security in East Bum Fuck, Texas as compared to setting up security on Martha's Vineyard? I'm going to go WAY out on that limb again, Winger and say that it's a LOT cheaper to house Secret Service agents in Crawford than it is on the Vineyard!

Martha's Vineyard is a regular retreat for rich and powerful people. I'm guessing a large part of the security is already in place. The largest cost would be the usual Secret Service protection all presidents have. Securing a wide open ranch in "Bum Fuck" Texas on the other hand would be a logistical nightmare.

I lived in Aspen, Colorado for ten years, Aaron...another place that's a regular retreat for rich and powerful people. I can assure you that there is no security that's "in place" that even comes close to the security that they come in with when the President visits. We had Al Gore in for lunch one day and the Secret Service spent days doing background checks on the staff and on the building. All for a forty minute meal for the Vice President.

The Vineyard is basically Aspen with a beach. Nothing is cheap there...EVERYTHING is astronomically expensive.

Want to take a guess on what the cost differences are between Crawford, Texas...and Martha's Vineyard & Hawaii? I'm going to go WAY out on a limb here, Winger and guess that one trip to either Martha's Vineyard or Hawaii costs the taxpayers as much as twenty trips to Crawford.

It's like someone on an expense account saying that he went to dinner less often than the guy before him while leaving out the part about his eating at Morton's while the other guy was going to Burger King. Know what I'm saying?

Even with this report being correct..and I doubt it is..the bill comes to about 380,000 dollars.

I can hazard to say Martha's Vineyard is much less of a security nightmare than a private ranch with little or no facilities for a large group. I'll also "hazard" to say, in total? Bush's vacations were more expensive than Obama's.

Yeah, you're probably right, Sallow. All kinds of security nightmares on a Texas ranch out in the middle of nowhere! Rabid armadillos. Marauding coyotes. Tumbleweeds. Not like the Vineyard which is packed to overflowing with tourists from around the world.:cuckoo:

I'm in the restaurant business, little buddy and have first hand experience how they deal with little things like the President going out to dinner. Standard operating procedure is to basically "buy" the restaurant for the evening, keeping out the general public while the President is there. In a chic place like Martha's Vineyard that's a hefty price tag at the high end restaurants Barry and Michelle like to hit. Not so much in Crawford.

Yea...they told JFK the same thing

Don't worry about security in Texas....you can even drive around with the top down

Please don't get into the security biz..

:lol:

Don't worry about security in Texas....you can even drive around with the top down

:clap:

And... how did that turn out? Don't leave us hanging. :eek:

ah yes, some SACRIFICE, eh? he meant, do I say... but we, the king and queen of this country don't have to sacrifice jack shit
[ame=http://youtu.be/6GJX8bXduLM]ABC This Week:Obama tells Stephanopoulos everyone must sacrifice - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

And... how did that turn out? Don't leave us hanging. :eek:

It was mind blowing.

Literally. :eek:

From the article:

Eight months into President George W. Bush's second term, the Washington Post wrote that Bush's frequent trips to his Texas ranch symbolized "a lackadaisical approach to the world's most important day job" and gleefully noted that Bush was intent on setting the record for being on "vacation"--or away from Washington, D.C.--for the most number of days of any president.The Post, in 2005, conceded that Bush's vacations--unlike Obama's--were not lavish and he did not "make time for fun.""Bush rarely takes the type of vacation one would consider exotic -- or, to some, even appealing," the Post wrote. "His notion of relaxation is chopping cedar on his ranch or mountain biking through rough terrain, all in 100-degree-plus temperatures in dusty Texas where crickets are known to roast on the summer pavement"

As opposed to Obama:

Obama, on the other hand, has traveled to Hawaii every winter. The Obama daughters are vacationing at the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas this week with a full Secret Service detail, as Breitbart News reported, even as the White House claimed they could not afford to pay Secret Service agents to continue the popular White House tours for other students who are on their spring vacations in Washington, D.C.

The Obamas have gone to Martha's Vineyard multiple times while the country was in recession and Americans were struggling to find jobs. Michelle Obama has taken a whirlwind trip to Spain and a ski trip to Aspen.

Obama took 13 vacations in his first term, which spanned all or part of 83 days. But they have been much more lavish than Bush's. His annual vacations to Hawaii alone have cost taxpayers at least $20 million during his first term. In 2011 alone, Michelle Obama may have cost taxpayers $10 million on vacations herself. Obama's fantasy golf outing this year cost local law enforcement in Florida a reported $78, 205.

Media Ignores Lavish Obama Vacations, Slammed Bush for Mountain Biking

False: 41% of white America is not poor:

"Four out of five US adults come to grips with joblessness, near-poverty or reliance on welfare for at least some parts of their lives. Over 41 percent of the nation's poor are whites, according to a new report."

The left mush brained Zombies cried like Drag Queens in a straight bar when Boooooooooooooooooooooooosh went to his ranch which cost the taxpayer little.. but cheers on their god Odumbo for spending 100's of millions on lavish vacations. Comrade Odumbo couldn't have asked for a more complaint group of useless idiots.. hence the ZOMBIE squad. LOL

From the article:

Eight months into President George W. Bush's second term, the Washington Post wrote that Bush's frequent trips to his Texas ranch symbolized "a lackadaisical approach to the world's most important day job" and gleefully noted that Bush was intent on setting the record for being on "vacation"--or away from Washington, D.C.--for the most number of days of any president.The Post, in 2005, conceded that Bush's vacations--unlike Obama's--were not lavish and he did not "make time for fun.""Bush rarely takes the type of vacation one would consider exotic -- or, to some, even appealing," the Post wrote. "His notion of relaxation is chopping cedar on his ranch or mountain biking through rough terrain, all in 100-degree-plus temperatures in dusty Texas where crickets are known to roast on the summer pavement"

As opposed to Obama:

Obama, on the other hand, has traveled to Hawaii every winter. The Obama daughters are vacationing at the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas this week with a full Secret Service detail, as Breitbart News reported, even as the White House claimed they could not afford to pay Secret Service agents to continue the popular White House tours for other students who are on their spring vacations in Washington, D.C.

The Obamas have gone to Martha's Vineyard multiple times while the country was in recession and Americans were struggling to find jobs. Michelle Obama has taken a whirlwind trip to Spain and a ski trip to Aspen.

Obama took 13 vacations in his first term, which spanned all or part of 83 days. But they have been much more lavish than Bush's. His annual vacations to Hawaii alone have cost taxpayers at least $20 million during his first term. In 2011 alone, Michelle Obama may have cost taxpayers $10 million on vacations herself. Obama's fantasy golf outing this year cost local law enforcement in Florida a reported $78, 205.

Yes..Bush was practically a workaholic..

Last edited by a moderator:
From the article:

As opposed to Obama:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3p9y_OEAdc]Now watch this drive! - YouTube[/ame]

I think he sucked regardless of his Crawford vacays.. that's the difference in you and I.. you sick Odumbo's dick on command, no matter the circumstance.. I don't give a shit about George Bush or establishment Statists.. You're nothing more than a Zombie like the majority of Americans.

What I've always found amusing by the whole "vacation debunking" thing by liberals is that President Bush went to Crawford to work. He didn't particularly like Washington and spent as little time as possible there. He literally ran the country from his ranch in Texas for long stretches of time.

Yep...but what is even funnier is those thinking that any modern day president would not be running the country from wherever they are having their vacation.

The left mush brained Zombies cried like Drag Queens in a straight bar when Boooooooooooooooooooooooosh went to his ranch which cost the taxpayer little.. but cheers on their god Odumbo for spending 100's of millions on lavish vacations. Comrade Odumbo couldn't have asked for a more complaint group of useless idiots.. hence the ZOMBIE squad. LOL
:lol:

Cost of Obama's Trip is Dwarfed By George And Laura Bush's Africa Spending Spree
Presidential vacations: How does Obama compare? - CBS News

How many vacations and WH parties is this son of a bitch going to take in 6 months?? 1, 2, 3, 5, 10??? We just found out today that 41% of WHITE America is poor, below the poverty line meaning they can't even afford to feed their families and this jerkoff acts like money grows on tree's BILLING US, the taxpayers for his MULTI-MILLION dollar vacations.. Are there going to be special programs set up for WHITE Americans now?? Advance placement in colleges, schools, welfare, etc over blacks and Hispanics???

Obama Vineyard vacation at $7.6m private resort, over 75 rooms booked for staff | WashingtonExaminer.com

Sounds like a nice vacation. What's the problem?

we're paying for it

From the article:

As opposed to Obama:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3p9y_OEAdc]Now watch this drive! - YouTube[/ame]

I think he sucked regardless of his Crawford vacays.. that's the difference in you and I.. you sick Odumbo's dick on command, no matter the circumstance.. I don't give a shit about George Bush or establishment Statists.. You're nothing more than a Zombie like the majority of Americans.
Sick Dick?

That's kinda a great name for a Rock Band..no?

How many vacations and WH parties is this son of a bitch going to take in 6 months?? 1, 2, 3, 5, 10??? We just found out today that 41% of WHITE America is poor, below the poverty line meaning they can't even afford to feed their families and this jerkoff acts like money grows on tree's BILLING US, the taxpayers for his MULTI-MILLION dollar vacations.. Are there going to be special programs set up for WHITE Americans now?? Advance placement in colleges, schools, welfare, etc over blacks and Hispanics???

Obama Vineyard vacation at $7.6m private resort, over 75 rooms booked for staff | WashingtonExaminer.com

Sounds like a nice vacation. What's the problem?

we're paying for it

We pay for your vacation as well, City Employee.

I'm sure you are happy to take our money.

Right?

Forum List

Back