Obama Visits with Families of Fallen

Obviously it's speculation on my part, but I see no other reason for his delay. Common sense needs to come into play at some point, his Generals are telling him this is what we need to win this war, who would know best how to fight and win a war? Obama? Hell he's nothing but a community organizer, he has never held any type of executive job, he knows nothing about military strategy and nothing about running a country, and it shows. I have never seen a more thin skinned individual than Obama, he makes school yard sissies look tough.

I think it's certainly a possibility.

I also wonder if his own personal and political beliefs aren't the cause for the delay. He's had time to think about it, and I think just based on his own beliefs he chaffes at the idea of sending more troops over, and he's got political considerations as well.

If he's wrestling with conscience, then I can understand it. If he's trying to work out political angles because of support from those who oppose the war, etc. then that's not really any better than waiting for elections.

I do agree that he should just listen to the people he appointed to judge these matters.

You remember during last year's campaign, he made clear that he intended to draw down U.S. forces in Iraq to focus resources on winning in Afghanistan, despite the Democratic base's consistent opposition to doing so. So I don't understand the hesitancy now.

Honestly I don't think he has what it takes to lead this nation. I don't think he has the guts to make the hard decisions, he's too worried about the poll numbers and what the rest of the world thinks. And that's one of the major differences in him and Bush, Bush did what he thought was best for this country, the rest of the world be damned.

If I were McChrystal, I'd tell Obama either lead, follow or get the hell out of the way. We have the baddest military in the world and we need to let them do their job, which is kill the enemy where ever they find them. The reason fot the additional troops is common sense, once you take an area, you have to have the manpower to hold it while taking over more areas. It's bascially the same battle plan as in Iraq and it worked.

I really despise politicians who use the bodies of our war dead for political gain.

If he really cares, he should make a fucking decision.

So you really despise Bush, Cheney and most of the RNC.:eusa_whistle:

When making a decision with this kind of impact, you don't just pull it out of your ass like the last guy did.

There are a lot of pros and cons on Afghanistan to consider. For Cheney and the right to bitch about Obama dithering after they fucked up this war by pulling out resources for Iraq and then not working on it until (In the Dick's own words) the fall of 2008 is so typical of these lying bastards who do use our dead for their political gain.

We are in the current batch of shit because the neo cons didn't consider the whole fucking problem in its complexity. A lot of them are a lot richer and a lot of real Americans are a lot deader.

Hey idiot, this is now Obama's war. The blame Bush bullshit is getting old. All the woulda, shoulda, coulda's won't change where we are now. So Obama needs to make a decision to either win this war, which would take unleashing all our military might or more simply put let the soldiers do their fucking jobs, or get the hell out of Afghanistan altogether.

Pull your head out of your partisan ass!!

Yes it is...and I would prefer he made careful well thought out decisions. He's got a big mess to clean up, after all.

If I were McChrystal, I'd tell Obama either lead, follow or get the hell out of the way. We have the baddest military in the world and we need to let them do their job, which is kill the enemy where ever they find them. The reason fot the additional troops is common sense, once you take an area, you have to have the manpower to hold it while taking over more areas. It's bascially the same battle plan as in Iraq and it worked.

It worked, huh. At what cost? Why are we the policemen of the world?
And, I wonder, do you really want a general to tell the POTUS to get the hell out of the way? I guess Texas 'conservatives' really believe they're mavericks, but they're truly a brand the world has seen too often.

I really despise politicians who use the bodies of our war dead for political gain.

He has. He's decided you and your kind are incredibly stupid and too partisan to worry about. He's too kind to say so; I'm not.

On the day that you show any grasp on reality, I'll care about your opinion of me. Until then I shall continue to dismiss you as too fucking stupid to engage in any kind of intelligent debate.

When making a decision with this kind of impact, you don't just pull it out of your ass like the last guy did.

There are a lot of pros and cons on Afghanistan to consider. For Cheney and the right to bitch about Obama dithering after they fucked up this war by pulling out resources for Iraq and then not working on it until (In the Dick's own words) the fall of 2008 is so typical of these lying bastards who do use our dead for their political gain.

We are in the current batch of shit because the neo cons didn't consider the whole fucking problem in its complexity. A lot of them are a lot richer and a lot of real Americans are a lot deader.

Do you even have a clue as to how many have died in Afghanistan under Bush in 7 years, and how many have died since it became Obama's "war of necessity" in less than a year?

Or, how about teh number who have died since McChrystal made his request?

Look it up. The numbers will astound you.

There's no more blaming Bush. It's all on your beloved messiahs head now.

I despise you communist

And, I wonder, do you really want a general to tell the POTUS to get the hell out of the way? I guess Texas 'conservatives' really believe they're mavericks, but they're truly a brand the world has seen too often.

We want Obama to show FOR ONCE that he actually has some balls.

Actually has the the balls to tell Pelosi, Biden, and the rest of the far left liberal dirtbags to get the fuck out of his face and commit those troops. They need back up RIGHT NOW!

He said he's listen to his Generals. And what do we have?

A SOD and top ground commander going to the media to make their case. It's friggin disgusting!

Last edited:
1y5k.jpg

Last edited:

Do you even have a clue as to how many have died in Afghanistan under Bush in 7 years, and how many have died since it became Obama's "war of necessity" in less than a year?

Sorry Chef, Bush (&Co) are not blameless, today or tomorrow or ever. You're are correct when you state it's Obama's problem now. And I too grieve for the men and women still in harms way (as is my nephew at the moment).
[BTW, the bums you support did rather well this year, even with Manny missing for a long time. Yet both your teams failed in the end - sort of like Bushy&Co.
Up our way we're hearing LA is trying to get an NFL franchise by building a new stadium. There's talk of making a grab at the 9ers or Raiders - you can have the Raiders; go for the 9ers and it's war.]

Apparently Jeff Zeleny of the NYT pretty much admitted that it was a photo-op, writing..."The images and the sentiment of the president’s five-hour trip to Delaware were intended by the White House to convey to the nation that Mr. Obama was not making his Afghanistan decision lightly or in haste."

Today, that paragraph has been revised... without retraction or even comment.
Hot Air » Blog Archive » Did White House pressure NYT into changing Dover story?

Sorry Chef, Bush (&Co) are not blameless, today or tomorrow or ever. You're are correct when you state it's Obama's problem now. And I too grieve for the men and women still in harms way (as is my nephew at the moment).
[BTW, the bums you support did rather well this year, even with Manny missing for a long time. Yet both your teams failed in the end - sort of like Bushy&Co.
Up our way we're hearing LA is trying to get an NFL franchise by building a new stadium. There's talk of making a grab at the 9ers or Raiders - you can have the Raiders; go for the 9ers and it's war.]

Manny can take his ass down the road, I'm sick of these damn cheaters. He's now joined the ranks of Bonds, McGuire, and the rest of the idiots. The Dodgers did just fine without him. As far as the playoffs go, their pitching totally failed them. Kinda like the way Obama is failing our troops.

The Niners aren't going anywhere. The Raiders can go blow. Very well could be the Chargers though. We'll see.

Yes I believe it has worked and everything comes with a price even democracy. And yes the Generals should tell Obama to step aside and let them do their job, which is win the fucking war and come home. I'll ignore the ad hominem.

Obama flew to Dover Air Base (in a Blackhawk, so don't worry about the gas) to meet the bodies of the fallen from Afghanistan. He met with the families in the chapel and particpated in the ceremony aboard the plane of debarking the bodies.

Maybe getting a real feeling of what this war is about is what he needs to make a better decision about what we will do in this war.

Isolating yourself in the Whitehouse was a safe way for some Presidents never to have to deal with the real cost of war at the individual and personal level.

Now I will wait for the attacks on him for using this for political purposes.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember the left attacking President Bush for meeting with the families of fallen heroes and claiming he only did it for political purposes.

It is good that President Obama pay his respects to the families. That is one thing, I am hopeful I never have to do. It has to be a hard thing for him to do.

Immie

I look at this in two ways, one is that from a personal level , I find it a very honorable thing to do for the commander and chief to go to Dover A.F.B. and honor the fallen young men and women in such a way. It gives him a real sense of their sacrifice rather than just words or names in a paper, or some statistics that some political appointee may give him. So I see nothing wrong whatsoever with the President honoring these hero's in this manner and actually applaud him for doing so. That being said I also do not support nor have I every supported using the bodies of these hero's for ANY political gain or for press coverage. I'm in full agreement with President George H.W. Bush when he banned the practice of the press from covering these what are deeply emotional and solemn homecommings. If however the families of these hero's should approve of the press attendence for their loved one, then I would defer to them.

Forum List

Back