Obama Visits with Families of Fallen

633924158820193575-honoringourwarriors.jpg

Somebody could at least teach him a proper salute.

What's with the slant, and the palm showing?

Palm showing in any way is a sign of disrespect.

Not saying he's trying to show disrespect, but he needs to learn the proper salute.

he's still in the OJT stage

Somebody could at least teach him a proper salute.

What's with the slant, and the palm showing?

Palm showing in any way is a sign of disrespect.

Not saying he's trying to show disrespect, but he needs to learn the proper salute.
You don't really, actually think he's all that concerned about appearances, do ya?

No rocks I won't if he backs the commanders decision I will cheer it heartily if he continues to dither and waffle and them pulls them out and leaves the whole thing to go to hell in a hand basket I will call him an idiot.

Oh and Rayboy it was a clear and concise understanding of the situation tactically and strategically that lead them to take out Saddam first. As long as Saddam was in power we were never going to be able to commit all our resources to the Afghan front because a lot of them would be required to keep 100k or so Iraqi soldiers from hitting Kuwait again at a time when we would not be nearly so able to intervene.

If the President pulls out of Afghanistan, you will disaprove. If he stays in Afghanistan, you will disaprove. So your opinion is really irrelevant.

I hope that he makes a decision that ten years from now will be seen as the correct one.

He doesn't have that long to make a decision. He has been getting defense briefings for 14months. Time to make a decision. He waits, because he is afraid of fracturing the Democratic party before a vote on health care.

Set a time table for withdrawal.

If the President pulls out of Afghanistan, you will disaprove. If he stays in Afghanistan, you will disaprove. So your opinion is really irrelevant.

I hope that he makes a decision that ten years from now will be seen as the correct one.

He doesn't have that long to make a decision. He has been getting defense briefings for 14months. Time to make a decision. He waits, because he is afraid of fracturing the Democratic party before a vote on health care.

We have been in Afghanistan for eight years. I still fail to see the urgency that the decision needs to be made ....NOW NOW NOW

Afghanistan sat on the back burner for six years. It is time to carefully establish a winning exit strategy or get the hell out.

We are not the worlds baby sitters

Yes, the war is Obama's responsibility now. At least the continuing conduct of it is. People hiding behind the previous administration is a bit weak, but of course the GOPers did it as well when Bush first came into power.

As for Obama visiting families or going to the airport where bodies of fallen soldiers are returning....if he goes he'll be criticized as using the fallen service men and women for a photo op. If he doesn't go he'll be criticized for not caring about them. He may as well just follow his own conscience. Obama can be criticized on a number of grounds, but I haven't seen any evidence that he isn't sincere in his feelings for these men and women and their families, or in his recognition of his duties as Commander in Chief when it comes to them.

He should visit them. Better late than never. And of course he's using it politically, he's a politician. He wouldn't go if it didn't do him some good, but it's not about him, it's about supporting the military.

If the families are appreciative and it helps morale, I'm for it.

We have been in Afghanistan for eight years. I still fail to see the urgency that the decision needs to be made ....NOW NOW NOW ....
Just read McChrystal's recommendations. He actually IS in a position to see the urgency - "time is critical".

Read it so that you are not so ignorant on the matter.

Yes, the war is Obama's responsibility now. At least the continuing conduct of it is. People hiding behind the previous administration is a bit weak, but of course the GOPers did it as well when Bush first came into power.

As for Obama visiting families or going to the airport where bodies of fallen soldiers are returning....if he goes he'll be criticized as using the fallen service men and women for a photo op. If he doesn't go he'll be criticized for not caring about them. He may as well just follow his own conscience. Obama can be criticized on a number of grounds, but I haven't seen any evidence that he isn't sincere in his feelings for these men and women and their families, or in his recognition of his duties as Commander in Chief when it comes to them.

Obama is waiting until after the Novemeber elections to make a decision so as not to jeapordize democrats chances of winning said elections. If that doesn't show how he feels about our soldiers, I don't know what does. If he truly cared about their well being , he would have made a decision by now. It' been over two months since McCrystal asked for additional troops, but apparently Obama is too busy playing golf, going on talk shows and campaigning.

Your stupidity never fails. The funny thing is that even though you stumble around mentally like the blind squirrel you too occasionally find an acorn. Sort of.. The elections Obama is concerned with are not in the USA but in Afgahnistan. Our policy in regards to Afgahnistan has to be in concert with thier government. We have to wait for the final run off for thier presidential election to know what direction to go in.

We have been in Afghanistan for eight years. I still fail to see the urgency that the decision needs to be made ....NOW NOW NOW

Afghanistan sat on the back burner for six years. It is time to carefully establish a winning exit strategy or get the hell out.

We are not the worlds baby sitters

I am sure you can get the Taliban to honor a truce until then. Just explain what a great guy Obama is. :eusa_whistle:

after this first 10 mons i think the election results are in.

Why, yes, they certainly are. President Obama and the Democratic Party have the House, the Senate, and the Executive. If people like yourself come to represent the opposition, they will have even bigger majorities in the House and Senate in 2010.

If I were McChrystal, I'd tell Obama either lead, follow or get the hell out of the way. We have the baddest military in the world and we need to let them do their job, which is kill the enemy where ever they find them. The reason fot the additional troops is common sense, once you take an area, you have to have the manpower to hold it while taking over more areas. It's bascially the same battle plan as in Iraq and it worked.

Hey Dingleberry, MacArthur tried that with President Truman, and got what he damned well deserved. Whether I agree with the POTUS or not, the civilian government has the last word on policy.

This is not difficult.
**Obama hand picked the General he wanted to run the show in Afghanistan.

**Obama sent him to report back what it would take to end the war.

**General Mc reported that without 40,000 additional troops we would loose the war.

**Obama has known this as fact from his hand picked general for over 60 days.

**Obama has not made a decision.

**Obamas campaign promise was that he would listen to his Generals (because he knew nothing about warfare and still doesn't)

**Obama is a damned fool playing at being the CinC.

I supported Afghanistan in the beginning, as most of us did. I lost two on 9/11 and payback was a priority. What I want to know now is, 8 years on why are we there? Is it still worth it? What kind of difference will winning make, and what is "winning" at this point anyway? If that's also what Obama is trying to figure out before he makes a decision, we need to get the hell out. The US and its allies have poured more than enough blood and treasure into that hell hole already. No more wars without a clear objective.

What kind of difference will it make? If we can establish a peaceful, democratic and properous Afghanistan we will remove the incentive for most to become jihadist assholes. If we fail we will merely have to wait a small time for our intelligence to screw up once again and several thousand more will die.

The trouble with playing the WOT as a police matter is that no matter how good your intelligence appratus is you will still occasionally come a cropper and in the days bio and chem weapons it only takes one slip up to get a whole lot of people seriously hurt or killed.

Forum List

Back