Obama: Who me? I Didn't Cancel W.H. Tours.

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
Obama: I Didn't Cancel W.H. Tours, Secret Service and Congress to Blame

By DANIEL HALPER
MAR 13, 2013

President Obama says he's not the one who canceled the White House tours. He made the comments in an interview with ABC News.

"[O]ne more question about the spending cuts," said the interviewer from ABC News. "You’ve been takin’ a lotta heat for this cancellation of the White House tours. They get– the Secret Service says it’s costs about $74,000 a week. Was canceling them really necessary?"

"You know, I have to say this was not– a decision that went up to the White House. But th– what the Secret Service explained to us was that they’re gonna have to furlough some folks. What furloughs mean is– is that people lose a day of work and a day of pay," Obama said, in response.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Obama: I Didn't Cancel W.H. Tours, Secret Service and Congress to Blame | The Weekly Standard

You can tell he is lying when he stammers over the answer.... probably why he stammers a lot.

Obama has full control over what is cut by the sequester.

And growing at a slower rate is NOT a cut. no matter how the media wants to pretend otherwise.

By DANIEL HALPER
MAR 13, 2013

President Obama says he's not the one who canceled the White House tours. He made the comments in an interview with ABC News.

"[O]ne more question about the spending cuts," said the interviewer from ABC News. "You’ve been takin’ a lotta heat for this cancellation of the White House tours. They get– the Secret Service says it’s costs about $74,000 a week. Was canceling them really necessary?"

"You know, I have to say this was not– a decision that went up to the White House. But th– what the Secret Service explained to us was that they’re gonna have to furlough some folks. What furloughs mean is– is that people lose a day of work and a day of pay," Obama said, in response.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Obama: I Didn't Cancel W.H. Tours, Secret Service and Congress to Blame | The Weekly Standard

Whitehouse tours cost $74k per week?

When I went, some aid/intern walked us around a few rooms and that was it. Took like 60 minutes and I don't recall any free food or drink either.

Where's (lol) the money going to?

Last edited:
Facts prove lies or truth.

its why the right has to lie all the time to cover up facts

By DANIEL HALPER
MAR 13, 2013

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Obama: I Didn't Cancel W.H. Tours, Secret Service and Congress to Blame | The Weekly Standard[/QUOT

I have never seen a president who lies about things that can be so easily found out. - J.

Forum List

Back