Obama will not negotiate the budget

Huh? You're saying Congress has no authority to reduce spending?

Not at all. I am saying that the Constitution requires the extension of the debt ceiling because of Section 4 of the 14th Amendment.

No it doesn't.

You get that from CPUSA?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/25/us/politics/25legal.html?_r=0

“The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payments of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion,” the critical sentence says, “shall not be questioned.”

The Supreme Court has said in passing that those words have outlived the historical moment that gave rise to them.

“While this provision was undoubtedly inspired by the desire to put beyond question the obligations of the government issued during the Civil War,” Chief Justice Charles Evans Hughes wrote for the court in 1935, “its language indicates a broader connotation.”

Idiot

Hey you will feel the same when the SCOTUS makes the same determination about the second amend?

All the house does is plays games by writing up ridiculous bills like completely defending the affordable care act, medicare, mediacaid, and trying to give more handouts to their corporate cronies.

If the GOP was actually serious about having a balanced budget, they could slash the crap out of the military spending, and close tax loopholes that let their cronies dodge taxes.

No.. you racist piece of shit

If ANYONE was serious about balancing the budget. .they would eliminate Obamacare, welfare, and all entitlements on the corporate and the private side.. they would close loopholes and institute a flat tax system and get the ~45% that are not paying taxes to pay equal shares in taxes.. they would cut other spending ACROSS THE BOARD and not just in the military

Eat a dick you swastika flying shitstain. Until the military is gutted to high hell and the corporate cronies stop living off of government dime, we will get nowhere on getting the budget in order.

DISCRETIONARY+SPENDING+PRIORITY+MILITARY+KUCINICH+POST+545896_10151076143188218_1197269284_n.jpg

And Godwin's law for the racist

Funny how you don't mention the 40some % of the adult citizenry that lives off the government dime.. I guess you still want your freebies

The military can and should be cut. There is wasteful spending, contracts that are being paid with no return, etc... But there is MUCH more waste in areas such as welfare (corporate and personal), and welfare (your personal upkeep) is not a charge of the federal government...

FOAD, racist pig

Huh? You're saying Congress has no authority to reduce spending?

Not at all. I am saying that the Constitution requires the extension of the debt ceiling because of Section 4 of the 14th Amendment.

No it doesn't.

You get that from CPUSA?

“The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payments of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion,” the critical sentence says, “shall not be questioned.”

The Supreme Court has said in passing that those words have outlived the historical moment that gave rise to them.

“While this provision was undoubtedly inspired by the desire to put beyond question the obligations of the government issued during the Civil War,” Chief Justice Charles Evans Hughes wrote for the court in 1935, “its language indicates a broader connotation.”

Idiot

How ironic that your link refutes your allegation.

Why should a man as great as Obama be constrained by something as jejune, archaic and antiquated as an American "Budget"?

the Stuttering Clusterfuck will negotiate with Syria, Iran and Russia but not with Republicans.

Yup, that's dimocraps for you.

Republicans should ask Putin to talk to Obama about the budget

LMAO. Better wait till the Rethugs nominate Putin for their GOP Presidential candidate.

When they met at G20 Putin told Obama, "Fetch me a drink"

Obama was startled, You've mistaken me for one of the servants"

Putin replied, "Vodka -- shaken, not stirred"

Obama came back 2 minutes later with a shot of vodka, shaken not stirred and handed it to Vlad

Last edited:

No it doesn't.

You get that from CPUSA?

Idiot

How ironic that you don't realize you are wrong.

You don't negotiate with members of a party who's goal is to hurt they country.

Republicans do it all the time, unfortunately.

Wait, what?

Republicans shut the government down, twice. And impeached a democratically elected President with the intent of removing him from office.

They've also negotiated with America's enemies to gain political advantages (which is really treason), started wars based completely on lies and oversaw the country's biggest financial calamities.

The whole conservative agenda is to create a royal or religious class that rules this country and squash democracy.

No it doesn't.

You get that from CPUSA?

Idiot

It does?

Show me.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?

Even the communist website, DailyKooks agrees with me

Daily Kos: 14th Amendment is not the answer to the debt ceiling crisis

Even if the Stuttering Clusterfuck invokes the 14th Amendment, it would take time for the SCOTUS to rule on its Constitutionality. If at all.

Meanwhile, the Country is in a full financial meltdown.

And..... There is NO doubt the House would impeach the Stuttering Clusterfuck if he invoked the 14th Amendment. NO DOUBT.

Of course, the criminals in the Senate wouldn't convict him. But they wouldn't convict Hitler if he had a "D" next to his name.

Grow up

The legitimacy of US debt is a non negotiable aspect of the Constitution. Obama cannot negotiate on the debt ceiling however he has been more than willing to negotiate the terms of the budget with Republicans on numerous occasions including this one.

There is more than enough money to pay the interest on the debt. It is the other programs that are the issue. And no, Obama is not willing to negotiate on those.

Spending bills already passed by congress (including continuing resolutions) exceed the current debt limit so the House cannot violate the Constitution by refusing to raise the debt limit. That is non-negotiable because neither side has the power to override the Constitution.

Add in, there is no "Debt Limit" in the Constitution and we are one of only a handful of countries (And I think it's 2 at this point) that even has this silly rule.

It's one that conservatives throw out the door when they get into power..like that threw out "Paygo".

The minority in Congress is dictating to the majority: how American!

Wrong as usual. But as to HOW the system works, The President proposes a Budget and then he is done except to either sign what Congress sends him or veto it. he has no hand in crafting it nor in negotiating what will or won't be in it.

That is Congresses JOB. All money raising bills MUST originate in the House, the Senate can only make bills pertaining to already existing laws.

The way it is supposed to work is the House proposes the Budget creates the bills and sends them to the Senate. The Senate takes them debates them, modifies them as they want then return them to the House, A committee is set up between the House and Senate and the bills that do not match are worked out in committee, where they then return to the House for a vote and are sent back to the Senate for a vote.

In the last 5 years what has happened is either no bills were proposed ( 2 years) or the Senate has refused to send to committee any budget bill from the House. The bottle neck is the Senate not the House.

For bed wetters like fakey, everything the moonbat messiah does is good. Everything the republicrats do is wrong.

The facts be damned.

Wait, what?

Republicans shut the government down, twice. And impeached a democratically elected President with the intent of removing him from office.

They've also negotiated with America's enemies to gain political advantages (which is really treason), started wars based completely on lies and oversaw the country's biggest financial calamities.

The whole conservative agenda is to create a royal or religious class that rules this country and squash democracy.

Nazi puke.

Republicans shut down the government because that power is given to them in the Constitution. You should read it sometime.

Here is a primer. I couldn't find a "Dick and Jane" version so you'll just have to move your lips as you read the grown up rendition.

http://www.heritage.org/constitution/#!/articles/1/essays/67/appropriations-clause

Republicans impeached a rapist who committed perjury. We couldn't get him on the rape charges, but he did plead to the perjury charge. Which cost him his Law License and a shit load of money.

dimocraps are scum. ALL of them

You gotta be a scumbag to knowingly vote for a scumbag. A rapist and a serial sex offender.

scumbag

It does?

Show me.

Even if the Stuttering Clusterfuck invokes the 14th Amendment, it would take time for the SCOTUS to rule on its Constitutionality. If at all.

And..... There is NO doubt the House would impeach the Stuttering Clusterfuck if he invoked the 14th Amendment. NO DOUBT.

Of course, the criminals in the Senate wouldn't convict him. But they wouldn't convict Hitler if he had a "D" next to his name.

Grow up

Why are you sourcing a website you consider communist?

Are you a communist?

I'd never source Pravda.

Even if I found an article I agreed with..

Of course Barry will not negotiate the budget. Barry does not negotiate and it is damned racist of those Republicans to even believe for a second that he should negotiate. I mean really, talk about obstructionist! Especially these tea party terrorists that hold this nation hostage by not immediately passing what Barry wants.

Okay, lets get this straight. Barry has negotiated with the Republicans exactly once in five years over a budget. During that negotiation BARRY asked for and got the sequester in response to requests for spending control. Barry blamed republicans for that when anyone (that excludes the Obamabots on this board) who had a clue knew it was Barry's idea. But negotiating is 'beneath' Barry. His way or the highway. He passed Obamacare without a single republican vote. He didn't care, he had the votes to pass it anyway. The senate went for how long without a budget? Harry couldn't get a single vote for Barry's budget sent from the White House for five years straight, so he just never brought the matter up. Didn't even consider the House budgets that were passed.

You know when Reagan was President and the House and Senate were Democratic, he went to Tip O'Neal and they sat down and hammered out a budget for each of the 8 years he was there. George Bush did the same. When Bill Clinton was president, he sat down with Newt Gingrich and they hammered out a budget that gave this country a surplus. That's what a leader does. Course, no one in their right mind would confuse Barry with that term.

Wrong as usual. But as to HOW the system works, The President proposes a Budget and then he is done except to either sign what Congress sends him or veto it. he has no hand in crafting it nor in negotiating what will or won't be in it.

That is Congresses JOB. All money raising bills MUST originate in the House, the Senate can only make bills pertaining to already existing laws.

The way it is supposed to work is the House proposes the Budget creates the bills and sends them to the Senate. The Senate takes them debates them, modifies them as they want then return them to the House, A committee is set up between the House and Senate and the bills that do not match are worked out in committee, where they then return to the House for a vote and are sent back to the Senate for a vote.

In the last 5 years what has happened is either no bills were proposed ( 2 years) or the Senate has refused to send to committee any budget bill from the House. The bottle neck is the Senate not the House.

For bed wetters like fakey, everything the moonbat messiah does is good. Everything the republicrats do is wrong.

The facts be damned.

Most dimocraps over 30 have realized for some time that what they believe is a fraud.

But think about this.... How difficult is it for someone to admit that what they've believed in their entire lives is a fraud?

Very.

Many dimocraps identify themselves by their politics. It defines them, it gives them their persona, their aura.

And when they find out that what they've believed all these years is complete and utter bunk, it's hard to face. It's difficult to admit you've been a patsy for the very people you proclaim to hate -- The Ruling Class (yes, Virginia, dimocraps ARE The Ruling Class. They offer nothing, they produce nothing, they create nothing, they only rule. It's all they know how to do [besides steal, which they're very good at. And lie, at which they excel])

So they start denying eveything and anything that makes their party look bad because......

If it makes their party look bad, it makes THEM look bad.

Which makes me safe. I don't like ANY of them. But I really fucking hate dimocraps.

dimocraps are delusional and emotionally disturbed. If they're over 30.

Under 30, I cut them some slack. They're just stoopid. Haven't matured enough to sort the lies from reality.

Over 30....? Something's wrong with you

It does?

Show me.

Grow up

Even more ironic that you fail to comprehend what a Supreme Court Justice actually had to say and try to use a blogger's opinion on a liberal website to bolster your untenable position instead.

I thought Jake was criticizing the Democrats on this one. The Republicans are the majority in the House. Maybe I misunderstood.

Wait, what?

Drunk off your ass at 10 in the morning? That's just sad.

I see your point though that the majority party in the House should STFU and do what Obama tells them to. I mean a Democratic House would have certainly done that for W.

Wait, what?

Nazi puke.

Republicans shut down the government because that power is given to them in the Constitution. You should read it sometime.

Here is a primer. I couldn't find a "Dick and Jane" version so you'll just have to move your lips as you read the grown up rendition.

Guide to the Constitution

Republicans impeached a rapist who committed perjury. We couldn't get him on the rape charges, but he did plead to the perjury charge. Which cost him his Law License and a shit load of money.

dimocraps are scum. ALL of them

You gotta be a scumbag to knowingly vote for a scumbag. A rapist and a serial sex offender.

scumbag

There's no explicit power to shut down the government in the constitution, none. And actually THERE IS a provision that the government must maintain the full faith and credit of the United States. What congress did was in violation of the Constitution.

And it's a continued lie to call President Bill Clinton a "rapist and serial sex offender". More laughable since there a plenty of Republicans that have had the same issues, except they were never bubbled up. That included your idol and god, Ronald Reagan..
Reagan met starlet Selene Walters in a Hollywood nightclub in the cart) 1950s. Although I was on a date," she quotes Walters as saying, "Ronnie kept whispering in my ear, 'I'd like to call you. How can I get in touch with you?' " Hoping that Reagan, then president of the Screen Actors Guild, could boost her career, Walters gave him her address and was surprised when he came calling at 3 A.M. "He pushed his way inside and said he just had to see me. He forced me on the couch...and said, 'Let's just get to know each other.' It was the most pitched battle I've ever had, and suddenly in a matter of seconds I lost.... They call it date rape today...."
Daily Kos: Ronald Reagan: "Legitimate Rapist?"
Gipper the Ripper? - Slate Magazine

Last edited:

Wait, what?

Drunk off your ass at 10 in the morning? That's just sad.

I see your point though that the majority party in the House should STFU and do what Obama tells them to. I mean a Democratic House would have certainly done that for W.

Nah, he prolly just got back from the Methadone Clinic.

I got one living with his mommy across the street. Every morning at 6:35AM he gets in his car and drives to the gubmint sponsored and free Methadone Clinic. Every Morning. Been doing it for at least three years.

He OD'ed a couple times and an Ambulance had to take him away. I don't know why they bothered but....

There's more of that going on than you can possibly imagine. At least 250,000 people.

Thanks, obama.

Forum List

Back