🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama won't attend Judge Scalia's funeral. Only to pay their respects at the high court.

1. your source is questionable at best.
2. scalia never went to the state of the union.

i'd say they're even

now please go off on another obama deranged rant.

You fool. The source is solid. If you read the article the press was interviewing Josh Ernest. He's the one that broke the news.

Now politics aside. Judge Scalia was a loyal servant to the people of America. For thirty years.

This is a snub by Obama and totally without class. He's just showing his true colors again. Obama is just a punk from Cheeeeeeeeeeecago even after all the years in office.

How pitiful.

How is it a "classless snub" when other presidents have done the same thing :dunno:

Really?

when is the last time a sitting president didn't attend the funeral of a Supreme Court Justice that died in office?

There's an extremely short list of those who died in office - not enought to claim custom or trend. Prior to Scalia...
The Political Graveyard: U.S. Justices and Judges Who Died in Office
The President attended Stone, Vinson, Rehnquist. Prior to that.....?

And Rehnquist had been sick for a long time. He had terminal throat cancer, but stayed on working. His death was long expected, and Roberts - one of his former clerks - already tabbed as his replacement. There just wasn't any political drama. Now if Obama wasn't even going to see Scalia lying in state ... that would be wrong.

Personally I've always found the ritual of attending a corpse to be bizarre and repulsive.
They left. Let 'em go already.

I won't attend OBama's funeral. I plan to burn a cross that has the constitution inscribed on it in my lawn on that day.

No reason given for Obama not attending the Basilica on Saturday. Only Vice President Biden will attend the funeral with his wife.

I have no words. Just sitting here shaking my head.

314A4AE500000578-0-image-a-73_1455734758069.jpg

President will not attend requiem for Scalia
That's OK, family probably didn't want that hypocrite there anyways...

You fool. The source is solid. If you read the article the press was interviewing Josh Ernest. He's the one that broke the news.

Now politics aside. Judge Scalia was a loyal servant to the people of America. For thirty years.

This is a snub by Obama and totally without class. He's just showing his true colors again. Obama is just a punk from Cheeeeeeeeeeecago even after all the years in office.

How pitiful.

How is it a "classless snub" when other presidents have done the same thing :dunno:

Really?

when is the last time a sitting president didn't attend the funeral of a Supreme Court Justice that died in office?

There's an extremely short list of those who died in office - not enought to claim custom or trend. Prior to Scalia...

And Rehnquist had been sick for a long time. He had terminal throat cancer, but stayed on working. His death was long expected, and Roberts - one of his former clerks - already tabbed as his replacement. There just wasn't any political drama. Now if Obama wasn't even going to see Scalia lying in state ... that would be wrong.

Personally I've always found the ritual of attending a corpse to be bizarre and repulsive.

To each his own.... with that said, I never go view the body. It's just to weird. Thank God my parents wanted to be cremated.

No reason given for Obama not attending the Basilica on Saturday. Only Vice President Biden will attend the funeral with his wife.

This is lie.

There was a very valid reason given for Obama not attending the family funeral.

You are lying and the ultra-conservative dopes are lapping up.

Bark-bark doggies, you hear the Obama dog whistle and come running...

This is lie.

Valid reason?

Tee off time couldn't be changed?

Beer summit with the latest loud mouth professor?

This is lie.

Valid reason?

Tee off time couldn't be changed?

Beer summit with the latest loud mouth professor?

Dunno, but it seems to me both of those would be more productive than standing around a corpse*.

Well, except for golf. That's pretty much the same thing.

* By the way that's pronounced "Kor".

How pitiful.

Really?

that's because it's not part of our culture.

Republicans tried this same shit on Veterans Day and it turns out Mrs. Obama was serving troops turkey dinner at one camp and Obama was meeting and greeting with troops at another camp. Trump was right. Republicans lie ----- a lot.

Forum List

Back