Obama won't attend Judge Scalia's funeral. Only to pay their respects at the high court.

A tribute to Justice Scalia

heres-which-republican-presidential-candidates-would-attend-your-gay-wedding.jpg
Which one is the mother for the children involved?

It seems Scalia knew what he was talking about after all. Who was present at Obergefell representing the unique rights to the marriage contract that children have?

Nobody?

Mistrial... Is Gay Marriage Void? New York v Ferber (1982) Etc.

Seems he's paying his respects the day before.

Obama will be a no-show at Scalia's funeral

(Wonder if he has a tee time he can't change?)
Given the politicization of whether he will be nominating Scalia's replacement, his appearance at the actual funeral - which is supposed to be about SCALIA - it's no slap in the face for him to more privately pay his respects the day before and send Biden.

He should have sent Biden to Thatcher's funeral though.

No reason given for Obama not attending the Basilica on Saturday. Only Vice President Biden will attend the funeral with his wife.

I have no words. Just sitting here shaking my head.

314A4AE500000578-0-image-a-73_1455734758069.jpg

President will not attend requiem for Scalia

1. your source is questionable at best.
2. scalia never went to the state of the union.

i'd say they're even

now please go off on another obama deranged rant.
1. Proves you're an illiterate stooge if you think Obama is going.
2. Equating a State if the Union speech with a mans funeral. You're as classy as the little whiny girl we have as President.

Scalia openly did not like Obama

Why should Obama attend his funeral?

I don't know maybe something about being a leader rather than a petulant child

You might have a point if there was a tradition where the President always attends the funerals of Supreme Court Justices

There isn't

When is the last time a sitting president missed the funeral of a sitting justice?

i'd say they're even

2. Equating a State if the Union speech with a mans funeral. You're as classy as the little whiny girl we have as President.

You might have a point if there was a tradition where the President always attends the funerals of Supreme Court Justices

There isn't

When is the last time a sitting president missed the funeral of a sitting justice?

Don't know

When did the last sitting justice die? 1970?

i'd say they're even

There isn't

The last one.

Scalia loved his country and vigorously defended the Constitution. That makes him a lifelong mortal enemy of this Anti-American Globalist President.

There isn't

Don't know

Rehnquist

There isn't

Don't know

You're the one who said Obama wasn't the first not to go so you should know the answer to that question shouldn't you?

There isn't

Don't know

You're the one who said Obama wasn't the first not to go so you should know the answer to that question shouldn't you?

Felix Frankfurter?

i'd say they're even

There isn't

Last time, and only time in recent history, it happened was Rehnquist. Bush went, and spoke, but that hardly had the controversy, as apparently Roberts was already tabbed as the nominee.

There isn't

Don't know

Felix Frankfurter?

SO this is just more of your make up shit to protect Obama from deserved criticism shtick

got it

There isn't

Don't know

Felix Frankfurter?

SO this is just more of your make up shit to protect Obama from deserved criticism shtick

got it

You got me there

Scalia is the first justice to die in a hunting lodge and not have the President attend his funeral

No reason given for Obama not attending the Basilica on Saturday. Only Vice President Biden will attend the funeral with his wife.

I have no words. Just sitting here shaking my head.

314A4AE500000578-0-image-a-73_1455734758069.jpg

President will not attend requiem for Scalia

i'd say they're even

You fool. The source is solid. If you read the article the press was interviewing Josh Ernest. He's the one that broke the news.

Now politics aside. Judge Scalia was a loyal servant to the people of America. For thirty years.

This is a snub by Obama and totally without class. He's just showing his true colors again. Obama is just a punk from Cheeeeeeeeeeecago even after all the years in office.

How pitiful.

How is it a "classless snub" when other presidents have done the same thing :dunno:

Really?

when is the last time a sitting president didn't attend the funeral of a Supreme Court Justice that died in office?

There's an extremely short list of those who died in office - not enought to claim custom or trend. Prior to Scalia...
The Political Graveyard: U.S. Justices and Judges Who Died in Office
The President attended Stone, Vinson, Rehnquist. Prior to that.....?

Don't know

Felix Frankfurter?

got it

You got me there

Scalia is the first justice to die in a hunting lodge and not have the President attend his funeral
Lame

And if Obama did go you'd bitch about that too.
They'd find something disrespectful about his tie or the way his eyes moved, or manufacture some bullshit about the pinkie on his left hand making the sign of the Devil. Something. No doubt.

Remember that time they complained about how Obama dropped flowers on a grave?

Forum List

Back