Obamacare Economy: 7 Years, 16 million Jobs Created, Middle Class Incomes Up $3K

The recession that began in March 2001 wasn't handed to Bush? Tell me more!
Bush started in January, 2001. Which came first that year, January or March? Thanks in advance.

He must have done a lot of bad stuff to cause a recession within 2 months.

Got a list?
Thanks in advance.
A lot of people are old enough to have heard the Supply Side Idiocy pitch before....and remembered the consequences.
You mean the longest period of sustained economic growth in decades? I DO remember that!
20 years, actually......and the current one exceeds it......

Wow, seriously? Barack Obama just performed a rather dubious feat, Slim...he's the first President EVER not to have year in which the US had at least 3% growth yet you're holding him up as an example of economic growth? You should be doing stand up somewhere...you're THAT amusing!

Nope, nearly all started during the Republican presidents' terms. And neither Reagan nor Bush inherited one. Both had recessions start under their respective terms.

69d74526-818e-455c-b628-ad5ce7381bb2.jpg
If you think I'm lying, show me another Republican president who didn't have a recession during his presidency or you're the liar...

http://www.nber.org/cycles.html

You stated that neither Reagan nor Bush inherited a recession. That's a LIE.

Your utter desperation is noted!

tumblr_inline_oo1mtctZIP1s2opo4_500.png

We now have 7 full years of economic data since President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act (ACA or “Obamacare”). So, as Republicans in Washington continue their relentless assault on the ACA, it’s a good time to take stock of how America actually fared in the Obamacare Economy.

Before turning to the facts, a reminder of the narrative that the GOP has been pushing about the ACA for so long:

“It will bankrupt our nation, and it will ruin our economy! … This health care law … is already destroying jobs in our country.” — John Boehner, 2011

“We now know that Obamacare has been one of the single biggest drags on job creation since early 2010.” — Mitch McConnell, 2012

“[T]his is going to blow a hole through the deficit even more than we had already thought.” — Paul Ryan, 2012

“Obamacare is directly responsible for destroying jobs and lowering wages for workers” — Senate Republican Policy Committee, 2014

“It is the biggest job-killer in this country.” — Ted Cruz, 2016

“Obamacare is devastating businesses." — Donald Trump, 2016

“Obamacare … this disastrous policy that's been killing jobs." — Mike Pence, 2016

Let’s tackle these false “job-killing, wage-reducing, deficit-busting” myths one by one:

The Obamacare Economy: 7 Years, 16 Million Jobs Created, Middle-Class Incomes Up $3K

Republicans again prove they are utterly ignorant of economics. Barack Obama pulled the US and indeed the world out of The Bush Great Recession.

Yes, Obama pulled us out.....hahahahahha....

By creating policies that slowed the recovery down making it the longest in history.

hahahahahahahaha....

To much.
Wait....

Are you saying that a long recovery is a "bad" thing?

Do you know what follows?

Seriously.....all you f.....ing pinheads who comment on the economy - you don't appear to know the first fucking thing about it....

Of course you can explain why it's good....oh, wait.

You can't.

Obamacare economy? LOL. These boys are chanting theology now. The gdp sucked for 8 years. Fail.

Yes, that is why Hillary was so overwhelmingly elected.....

Oh..wait.....
Post the popular vote totals....

In which countries does that matter?
You slow learners appear impervious to this rather simple notion....

If you are gonna talk about the election as an expression of the will of the people, then their votes CERTAINLY matter - and winning by the greatest NEGATIVE margin ever cannot POSSIBLY be described as "overwhelming"........no one is contesting the result, only the silly things many of you are driven to say about it...

Nobody said he was overwhelmingly elected.....you need glasses.

Obama didn't raise spending by a trillion dollars in his first year......it hasn't gone up by a trillion over 8 years, you fucking nematode.

Say what? Is there no minimum age for this forum?

You're right though, the debt did NOT go up by A TRILLION DOLLARS over eight years, it went up by TEN TRILLION DOLLARS over eight years.
I see you know neither the difference between spending and debt; nor simple math. In your world, 19.9 - 10.6 = 10. :eusa_doh:

Bush started in January, 2001. Which came first that year, January or March? Thanks in advance.

Got a list?
Thanks in advance.
A lot of people are old enough to have heard the Supply Side Idiocy pitch before....and remembered the consequences.

You feel Bush caused a recession that wouldn't otherwise have occurred by proposing tax cuts that hadn't passed or gone into effect?

For sure, Cheney and Gingrich were involved in that crash. A reporter asked Gingy what he was doing at FNMC to be paid $1.7M and he replied that
he was advising them to not buy sub-prime mortgages. We would have to assume that FNMA mgmt is totally ignorant when actually they certainly know
much more about the world of Finance than big G They know all about sub-prime mortgages and the risk vs reward they give. It's like me telling you to put
your coat on when it's cold outside. Then we also know that Bush jr. and Cheney were shuned by the Republican National Committee and were not
invited to the convention. So, what did they do wrong? Didn't they follow all the converative principles and the economy still tanked. No, it's because they
were complicit in it's downfall and they allowed Bush jr. to take the heat for it. Cheney wanted to get a pardon for Gordon Liddy but jr refused and still
refused later on. Cheney allowed jr to take all the heat and the 2 parted as friends.Cheney was reported to have made over $400 million trading options
for his old company Halliburton. All Republicans are scammers and swindlers and one day they will get found out and there is no one better to do it to than $T

It appears you are writing you posts on Word or some other text program. Apparently, you are not allowing the program to automatically return and are setting return places. This makes the post you obviously spent a lot of time writing to be extremely difficult to read. Please learn to do it correctly.
^^^ that ^^^ is what cut & run looks like.

Easy.....this is the 2001 recession......brief, shallow, mild - but sufficient for Narrativists to blame the vaporization of the budget on....

As a far left Progressive, you know full well that the 2001 recession was not brief, shallow or mild. It began when the dotcom bubble burst. We had not recovered from that when the 9/11/2001 act of war occurred and further pushed down the economy. Some folks laughed when President Bush was asked, what can we as citizens do and he replied, go shopping. He knew the attack could be devastating to the economy and there could be another attack. President Bush was 100% correct.

It was so brief, shallow and mild that I was unemployed for 8 monhs.

Got a list?
Thanks in advance.

You feel Bush caused a recession that wouldn't otherwise have occurred by proposing tax cuts that hadn't passed or gone into effect?
It was tongue in cheek......do you consider yourself Bripat's equal?
You mean you got caught stepping on your own dick.
For me that's a regular occurrence.... For you, an impossible dream.

Easy.....this is the 2001 recession......brief, shallow, mild - but sufficient for Narrativists to blame the vaporization of the budget on....

As a far left Progressive, you know full well that the 2001 recession was not brief, shallow or mild. It began when the dotcom bubble burst. We had not recovered from that when the 9/11/2001 act of war occurred and further pushed down the economy. Some folks laughed when President Bush was asked, what can we as citizens do and he replied, go shopping. He knew the attack could be devastating to the economy and there could be another attack. President Bush was 100% correct.

It was so brief, shallow and mild that I was unemployed for 8 monhs.
What does that tell you, Bri?

The recession that began in March 2001 wasn't handed to Bush? Tell me more!

Got a list?
Thanks in advance.

For sure, Cheney and Gingrich were involved in that crash. A reporter asked Gingy what he was doing at FNMC to be paid $1.7M and he replied that
he was advising them to not buy sub-prime mortgages. We would have to assume that FNMA mgmt is totally ignorant when actually they certainly know
much more about the world of Finance than big G They know all about sub-prime mortgages and the risk vs reward they give. It's like me telling you to put
your coat on when it's cold outside. Then we also know that Bush jr. and Cheney were shuned by the Republican National Committee and were not
invited to the convention. So, what did they do wrong? Didn't they follow all the converative principles and the economy still tanked. No, it's because they
were complicit in it's downfall and they allowed Bush jr. to take the heat for it. Cheney wanted to get a pardon for Gordon Liddy but jr refused and still
refused later on. Cheney allowed jr to take all the heat and the 2 parted as friends.Cheney was reported to have made over $400 million trading options
for his old company Halliburton. All Republicans are scammers and swindlers and one day they will get found out and there is no one better to do it to than $T
Too much hate. Couldn't understand.

Obamacare economy? LOL. These boys are chanting theology now. The gdp sucked for 8 years. Fail.

Yes, that is why Hillary was so overwhelmingly elected.....

Oh..wait.....
Post the popular vote totals....

In which countries does that matter?
You slow learners appear impervious to this rather simple notion....

If you are gonna talk about the election as an expression of the will of the people, then their votes CERTAINLY matter - and winning by the greatest NEGATIVE margin ever cannot POSSIBLY be described as "overwhelming"........no one is contesting the result, only the silly things many of you are driven to say about it...

Nobody said he was overwhelmingly elected.....you need glasses.
Get any of these clowns to post the popular vote totals...

Go on...

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_oo1mtctZIP1s2opo4_500.png

We now have 7 full years of economic data since President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act (ACA or “Obamacare”). So, as Republicans in Washington continue their relentless assault on the ACA, it’s a good time to take stock of how America actually fared in the Obamacare Economy.

Before turning to the facts, a reminder of the narrative that the GOP has been pushing about the ACA for so long:

“It will bankrupt our nation, and it will ruin our economy! … This health care law … is already destroying jobs in our country.” — John Boehner, 2011

“We now know that Obamacare has been one of the single biggest drags on job creation since early 2010.” — Mitch McConnell, 2012

“[T]his is going to blow a hole through the deficit even more than we had already thought.” — Paul Ryan, 2012

“Obamacare is directly responsible for destroying jobs and lowering wages for workers” — Senate Republican Policy Committee, 2014

“It is the biggest job-killer in this country.” — Ted Cruz, 2016

“Obamacare is devastating businesses." — Donald Trump, 2016

“Obamacare … this disastrous policy that's been killing jobs." — Mike Pence, 2016

Let’s tackle these false “job-killing, wage-reducing, deficit-busting” myths one by one:

The Obamacare Economy: 7 Years, 16 Million Jobs Created, Middle-Class Incomes Up $3K

Republicans again prove they are utterly ignorant of economics. Barack Obama pulled the US and indeed the world out of The Bush Great Recession.

Yes, Obama pulled us out.....hahahahahha....

By creating policies that slowed the recovery down making it the longest in history.

hahahahahahahaha....

To much.
Wait....

Are you saying that a long recovery is a "bad" thing?

Do you know what follows?

Seriously.....all you f.....ing pinheads who comment on the economy - you don't appear to know the first fucking thing about it....

Of course you can explain why it's good....oh, wait.

You can't.
The business cycle only has 4 States, two of which are inflection points.

Go find a Remedial education on the topic and get back to me.

Obama didn't raise spending by a trillion dollars in his first year......it hasn't gone up by a trillion over 8 years, you fucking nematode.

Say what? Is there no minimum age for this forum?

You're right though, the debt did NOT go up by A TRILLION DOLLARS over eight years, it went up by TEN TRILLION DOLLARS over eight years.
The context was "Spending", Sparkle......you're a moron.

Nope, nearly all started during the Republican presidents' terms. And neither Reagan nor Bush inherited one. Both had recessions start under their respective terms.

If you think I'm lying, show me another Republican president who didn't have a recession during his presidency or you're the liar...

Neither did....

GDP growth in q4 1980 and q1 1981 AVERAGED 7%....

That is about as far from Recession as you can get.

The start date for the 2001 recession was March....

Neither did....

These yahoo's are all brain-dead. I even gave that one a link to the NBER showing there was no recession in January of 1981 or 2001 and he still claims they inherited a recession. They reside in their own world of dementia. :cuckoo:

Neither did....

These yahoo's are all brain-dead. I even gave that one a link to the NBER showing there was no recession in January of 1981 or 2001 and he still claims they inherited a recession. They reside in their own world of dementia. :cuckoo:

Seriously, Faun? You seem to forget that Reagan inherited "stagflation" from Jimmy Carter...a combination of double digit inflation and a double digit contraction of the economy.

Neither did....

Seriously, Faun? You seem to forget that Reagan inherited "stagflation" from Jimmy Carter...a combination of double digit inflation and a double digit contraction of the economy.
No, ya lying con tool, I did not forget that. Have this tattooed across your forehead .... there was no recession when Reagan became president.

Forum List

Back