Obamacare Economy: 7 Years, 16 million Jobs Created, Middle Class Incomes Up $3K

It's laughable that you two clowns are now claiming that Reagan didn't inherit an economic situation as bad if not worse than Barack Obama did! He had to deal with both nonexistent growth and rampant inflation. But he's a conservative...so therefore you can't admit that Reagan succeeded where Obama floundered...can you?
Do you ever stop lying, ya con tool?

Ever???

Even you struggle to say we were in a recession. Now you're referring to it as an "economic situation."

And claiming it was as bad if not worse than what Obama inherited...

The number 1 indicator of the economy is GDP. Reagan inherited a GDP of positive 7.6%. Obama inherited a GDP of negative 8.2%.

Which is worse? +7.6% of -8.2%?

The number 2 indicator of the economy is the job market. In January, 1981, when Reagan became president, we added 94,000 jobs. Compared to January, 2009, when Obama became president and we lost an all-time record of 793,000 jobs.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Again, which is worse? +94,000 or -793,000?

I would tell you to stop lying but that's pointless since you won't.
But that's not all....

Reagan succeeded the POTUS with the HIGHEST annual rate of employment growth......Obama was not quite so fortunate.....let's give the WSJ the opportunity to describe it...

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record

Reagan succeeded the POTUS with the HIGHEST annual rate of employment growth......

Carter was doing a bang up job, eh? LOL!
Must be why he got 49 EV.
Nice, a strawman to avoid refuting a fact. How typical of you.

But that's not all....

Reagan succeeded the POTUS with the HIGHEST annual rate of employment growth......Obama was not quite so fortunate.....let's give the WSJ the opportunity to describe it...

Cute, using a pay site for your source. Certainly, you can do better than that.

How did Jimmy Carter have the "HIGHEST" employment growth when unemployment averaged 7.175 his last calendar year in office?

It's laughable that you two clowns are now claiming that Reagan didn't inherit an economic situation as bad if not worse than Barack Obama did! He had to deal with both nonexistent growth and rampant inflation. But he's a conservative...so therefore you can't admit that Reagan succeeded where Obama floundered...can you?

Ever???

Even you struggle to say we were in a recession. Now you're referring to it as an "economic situation."

The number 1 indicator of the economy is GDP. Reagan inherited a GDP of positive 7.6%. Obama inherited a GDP of negative 8.2%.

The number 2 indicator of the economy is the job market. In January, 1981, when Reagan became president, we added 94,000 jobs. Compared to January, 2009, when Obama became president and we lost an all-time record of 793,000 jobs.

But that's not all....

Reagan succeeded the POTUS with the HIGHEST annual rate of employment growth......

Todd struggles to reconcile his Narrative with facts of which he has long been blissfully unaware...

Ever???

But that's not all....

If you are taking issue with my statement, bring something more than your canned idiocy - 'k?
You will be shocked to discover that Carter outperformed his predecessor with respect to avg annual job gains (nominal AND relative), as well as besting him on Real GDP..........

And Carter did so WITHOUT tripling the debt.

1980 Presidential Election
1980 Election Results
Candidate Party Electoral Votes Popular Votes
✓ Ronald Reagan Republican 489 43,901,812
Jimmy Carter (I) Democratic 49 35,483,820
John Anderson Independent 0 5,719,850
Ed Clark Libertarian 0 921,128

Presidential Election of 1980

Ever???

But that's not all....

President George W. Bush entered office in 2001 just as a recession was starting,

Thanks for the link.

Ever???

But that's not all....

Todd struggles to reconcile his Narrative with facts of which he has long been blissfully unaware...

Carter was a successful President?
Is that why Teddy ran against him? LOL!

But that's not all....

How did Jimmy Carter have the "HIGHEST" employment growth when unemployment averaged 7.175 his last calendar year in office?
Because U3, in isolation, doesn't tell you much....

Presidents & Prosperity

I've demonstrated that you are a moron, Sparkle.....AND I've shown you the Raw Data, My Sources, and My Method....

if you can find a fault with any of them, let me know......I don't give a shit about the little charts you've learned to put together with random factoids.....go play that idiotic game with Healthmyth.....

No doubt about that! No wonder you see the answers you want.

Obviously, you don't like my charts which are filled with FACTS linked to a reliable source.
Profanity20620-20Copy_zpscga9jhqp.jpg

Ever???

But that's not all....

President George W. Bush entered office in 2001 just as a recession was starting,

Thanks for the link.
Anyone familiar with the function of NBER knows that "just as" means MARCH 2001......

and, technically, it didn't qualify under the "naive" definition of Recession, specifically TWO consecutive quarters of negative growth.....

which explains why the 2001 recession is located where it is on the chart....

But that's not all....

Presidents & Prosperity

As I expected, you don't have a clue.

I've demonstrated that you are a moron, Sparkle.....AND I've shown you the Raw Data, My Sources, and My Method....

if you can find a fault with any of them, let me know......I don't give a shit about the little charts you've learned to put together with random factoids.....go play that idiotic game with Healthmyth.....

Obviously, you don't like my charts which are filled with FACTS linked to a reliable source.
The data is the data....and I've provided you the source - allowing you to replicate my method....

You?

Not so much.....

And do you really believe you have the ability to quantify the effects of the little events you put in the last column?

I don't......I'm familiar with your "work"...

But that's not all....

Presidents & Prosperity

As I expected, you don't have a clue.
Tell me what I got wrong........

Be sure to hint at your source....

But that's not all....

btw,

You can click on the link to see what you need to know.......worse, it is incomplete, as it does not include the loss of more than 700,000 jobs in the month the story was published...

In the course of 8 years, Scrub did not manage to add a SINGLE NET NEW private sector job......but for public sector employment, he would have logged a NEGATIVE number in total payrolls....

The data is the data....and I've provided you the source - allowing you to replicate my method....

You?

Not so much.....

And do you really believe you have the ability to quantify the effects of the little events you put in the last column?

Little events? So cute.

If you bothered to look, they are on my source. I use Exel to keep the figures in the proper columns. I'd be glad to teach you.

You?

Not so much.....

Little events? So cute.

If you bothered to look, they are on my source. I use Exel to keep the figures in the proper columns. I'd be glad to teach you.
Do you understand the difference between "coincidence" and "causality"?

have you EVER taken a stats course in your life?

If you are taking issue with my statement, bring something more than your canned idiocy - 'k?
You will be shocked to discover that Carter outperformed his predecessor with respect to avg annual job gains (nominal AND relative), as well as besting him on Real GDP..........

Obviously, you're far too young and uninformed to grasp the impact of the economy during the Jimmy Carter malaise.

Ever???

But that's not all....

1980 Presidential Election
1980 Election Results
Candidate Party Electoral Votes Popular Votes
✓ Ronald Reagan Republican 489 43,901,812
Jimmy Carter (I) Democratic 49 35,483,820
John Anderson Independent 0 5,719,850
Ed Clark Libertarian 0 921,128

Presidential Election of 1980
So in rebuttal to Carter adding more jobs per year than his successor, you post votes cast in 1980?? That makes sense to you, does it?

Ever???

But that's not all....

Thanks for the link.
Before the recession started.

A decade ago I could get anyone employment that paid a living wage. High school drop out with no experience, no problem, criminal record, no problem. If you were willing to work I knew someone who would give you a chance because the economy was fuckin' rockin.

Hell, a friend of mine spent half his life in prison on a murder charge. When he got out of prison I set him up with a full time job at a steel factory.

Today, recent college graduates are unemployed or underemployed.

Obviously, you're far too young and uninformed to grasp the impact of the economy during the Jimmy Carter malaise.
I'm plenty old enough..

I see the numbers......I privilege them over The Narrative.....

You obviously find that idea offensive...

Forum List

Back