🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obamacare Effects Account for Most of Income, Spending Increases

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
The Affordable Care Act, President Barack Barack Obama’s signature health law, is already boosting household income and spending.

The Commerce Department reported Monday that consumer spending rose a better-than-expected 0.4% and personal incomes climbed 0.3% in January. The new health-care law accounted for a big chunk of the increase on both fronts.

On the incomes side, the law’s expanded coverage boosted Medicaid benefits by an estimated $19.2 billion, according to Commerce’s Bureau of Economic Analysis. The ACA also offered several refundable tax credits, including health insurance premium subsidies, which added up to $14.7 billion.

Taken together, the Obamacare provisions are responsible for about three-quarters of January’s overall rise in Americans’ incomes.

Well, I'll be.

I know I saved a bundle on my car insur- no, wait.

I saved a $150 ER copay. That was nice.

Obamacare Effects Account for Most of Income, Spending Increases - Real Time Economics - WSJ

The Affordable Care Act, President Barack Barack Obama’s signature health law, is already boosting household income and spending.

The Commerce Department reported Monday that consumer spending rose a better-than-expected 0.4% and personal incomes climbed 0.3% in January. The new health-care law accounted for a big chunk of the increase on both fronts.

On the incomes side, the law’s expanded coverage boosted Medicaid benefits by an estimated $19.2 billion, according to Commerce’s Bureau of Economic Analysis. The ACA also offered several refundable tax credits, including health insurance premium subsidies, which added up to $14.7 billion.

Taken together, the Obamacare provisions are responsible for about three-quarters of January’s overall rise in Americans’ incomes.

Well, I'll be.

Obamacare Effects Account for Most of Income, Spending Increases - Real Time Economics - WSJ

Says Obama's commerce Dept?...That's almost laughable actually :cuckoo:

Well, I'll be.

Says Obama's commerce Dept?...That's almost laughable actually :cuckoo:
Look again, those are not audited figures. At least one poster on this board claimed in a post to have signed up the same client to seven different exchange policies and all seven of those policies would be counted as spending even though only one sale was actually made.

I do not know how widespread such practices are but counting only inputs is also used in PRC GDP reports to the UN. Wait until the summary analyses of exchange firm quarterly reports become available in April only then can anyone know the throughput numbers even vaguely and then the final numbers will not be available until the state insurance commissioners reports are available in July and only the states that break out the numbers.

Well, I'll be.

And the flip side:
Obamacare Just Made Americans Richer Without Anyone Noticing

So what exactly did the Obamacare rollout do to cause such a rise? For one, it expanded the Medicaid program, a critical and highly controversial aspect of the law, by adding up to a $19 billion in benefits in January. On top of that, health care enrollees additionally received another near $15 billion in the form of tax credits as a result of the rollout, according to the BEA.

Which means more debt.

sorry toots :(

Perspective post:

Jon B. (chevy706) 100
SUPER USER·386 Fans·Fighting Both Parties' Attack on Liberty.

Hallelujah! The average minimum wage worker is now taking home (ok, before taxes, but so what?) an extra $0.65 A WEEK thanks to Obamacare! I wonder what they'll do with all the extra loot, buy a vacation home? Yacht? 6 slices of bread? The choices are endless.

Obamacare will help insure 30 million Americans that can't get insurance........well, maybe 6 million, well, maybe replace the policies of the 6 million that lost their insurance because of Obamacare, but not for another 3 years because it's important for Democrats to win all of the elections between now and then.

Hey, but everything is going according to plan folks.

• Banned
Well, I'll be.

And the flip side:

So what exactly did the Obamacare rollout do to cause such a rise? For one, it expanded the Medicaid program, a critical and highly controversial aspect of the law, by adding up to a $19 billion in benefits in January. On top of that, health care enrollees additionally received another near $15 billion in the form of tax credits as a result of the rollout, according to the BEA.

Which means more debt.

Perspective post:

Jon B. (chevy706) 100

Hallelujah! The average minimum wage worker is now taking home (ok, before taxes, but so what?) an extra $0.65 A WEEK thanks to Obamacare! I wonder what they'll do with all the extra loot, buy a vacation home? Yacht? 6 slices of bread? The choices are endless.

Not really caring, since I saved $150 on an ER visit. Yes, I matter more than anybody and anything out there, and as much as I'm sure you enjoy attempting to take a leak in my Cheerios? It didn't work.

Too bad, so sad.

1911962_10152817739644657_1370348534_n.jpg

Well, I'll be.

And the flip side:

Which means more debt.

Perspective post:

Jon B. (chevy706) 100

Not really caring, since I saved $150 on an ER visit.
Yes, I matter more than anybody and anything out there,
and as much as I'm sure you enjoy attempting to take a leak in my Cheerios? It didn't work.

Too bad, so sad.

Did neither of the bolded.

I continue to repeat myself that those who do not work in the health care industry truly have little clue as to what is happening in the real world of the ACA.

I really hope the portions of your post which I underlined were tongue in cheek.

Was very pleasent having a discussion with you regarding at least a few aspects, good and bad, of the ACA. :eusa_angel:

With Ocare effectively suspended for 2-3 years this sub-forum will die. In effect Obama has repealed his own signature legislation.

Well, I'll be.

And the flip side:

Which means more debt.

Perspective post:

Jon B. (chevy706) 100

Not really caring, since I saved $150 on an ER visit. Yes, I matter more than anybody and anything out there, and as much as I'm sure you enjoy attempting to take a leak in my Cheerios? It didn't work.

Too bad, so sad.

and you don't give a rats ass where that money came from, because you got yours.

And then Progressives have the gall to call conservatives/libertarians selfish.

Too bad, so sad.

As if $150 or more couldn't be saved the right way?
by passing reforms that DON'T cost taxpayers more money or liberty
we didn't consent to give up?

BDB you remind me of Prolifers who celebrate babies saved from abortion, but keep pushing bans on abortion. When clearly, abortion can be prevented by FREE CHOICE and don't require bans.

Same with reducing costs and paying for health care.

You act like this can only be done by govt mandates, and aren't possible by free choice.

That's fine if you believe that, like the prolifers who believe govt bans are necesssary.

But it isn't fair to impose YOUR belief system or lack of faith, on people who do believe the same or BETTER levels of cost and service efficiency can be achieved by FREE CHOICE.

Your mandates are excluding and discriminating against free choice by forcing all citizens to pay into that system. If the prolifers did this with abortion regulations, Democrats would scream and demand the right to choice without govt infringement and political imposition.

Why not here?

Forum List

Back