Obamacare in Oregon - ZERO enrollees!!

So what happened to the $300,000,000 obozo gave oregon to set up their website.? The companies just took the money and did nothing. That's what happened. All govt programs are like that.

actually the federal government is going after the company I believe the company name is orcale ... they are doing something ... nice try to spin another nutter lie

Oracle is the database of choice for most companies.

I am a little surprised they screwed up.

It's a pretty solid company.

So what happened to the $300,000,000 obozo gave oregon to set up their website.? The companies just took the money and did nothing. That's what happened. All govt programs are like that.

actually the federal government is going after the company I believe the company name is orcale ... they are doing something ... nice try to spin another nutter lie

That's private enterprise for you...they fuck everything up.
I wonder how many jobs that money could have created if the government had built a road with it...or a pipeline?

I wonder how many jobs that money could have created if the government had built a road with it...or a pipeline?

IT provides jobs too, bub.

OK...or a worldwide web...or something.

Hey!
They already did that!

OK...or a worldwide web...or something.

Hey!
They already did that!

You do know that requires constant maintenance, right?

Also, we IT folks keep doing things like "upgrading".

That means that unlike the days when I got into IT and video streaming was a pipe dream, NOW you can do it on a thing we use to call "telephones".

:D

• Thanks
Reactions: idb
More proof - govt can't do anything right. They don't even try. Obamacare is just a scam to make the rich richer.

More Scrutiny for Failed Cover Oregon Rollout

21 Mar 2014
The debacle of the “Cover Oregon” website may be the biggest healthcare scandal you’ve never heard about.
Cover Oregon is the name of the state health insurance exchange for The Beaver State. The name is now synonymous with perhaps the nation’s largest IT failure. More than $300 million in federal grant money was at stake. The state had already spent an estimated $200 million on the website that has yet to register a single Oregonian for healthcare. It may be a couple of years before the website will be up and fully functioning.

The events on Thursday have shone a national spotlight on the failed Cover Oregon website rollout. As of Friday morning, virtually every single state official associated with the state’s healthcare exchange effort has resigned, including Kitzhaber’s staunchest healthcare ally, Dr. Bruce Goldberg, who resigned on Thursday as executive director of Cover Oregon, a position he assumed only a few months earlier.

Forward!

Dems have gone down the same road as Reps did during the Bush admin. Defend everything ... No matter how wrong you are just defend.

I mean swallow claims Bush lost 9 billion, despite Obama claiming the first thing he would do as President is end the Iraq war. Who cares if it took Obama years to end the war, and that it ended on the timetable Bush set (making Bush the guy that ended the war). Do we get to count all the $ spent under Obama in Iraq as a waste???

Just defend, who cares how full retard you go, just defend.

Dems have gone down the same road as Reps did during the Bush admin. Defend everything ... No matter how wrong you are just defend.

I mean swallow claims Bush lost 9 billion, despite Obama claiming the first thing he would do as President is end the Iraq war. Who cares if it took Obama years to end the war, and that it ended on the timetable Bush set (making Bush the guy that ended the war). Do we get to count all the $ spent under Obama in Iraq as a waste???

Just defend, who cares how full retard you go, just defend.

perhaps first, the right needs to stop being obama deranged. then we get to have realistic discussions.

instead we get temper tantrums closing down the government b/c you lost.

Do you mean that they relied on a private company to do the job...and that company failed?
Perhaps the government should have done the project themselves.
Maybe then it would have been done properly.

are you this dense ??? the whole healthy care system was set up by private sector companies where have you been hiding... CGI Federal is one company along with QSSI .... Andy Slavitt, who represents QSSI ... CGI Federal and QSSI should never be issued another government contract ... where have you been hiding ... the private sector screws everything up when it comes to doing a job for the country.... this notion that its the government that screws it up is bull shit... here the republican force the privates sector to do the work for the web site and every time the republicans get the private sector in the way,with their private sector can do a better job bullshit, we the people get totally fucked ... it's time to remove head from your ass and start looking around you and find out what the hells going on ...

Do you mean that they relied on a private company to do the job...and that company failed?

are you this dense ??? the whole healthy care system was set up by private sector companies where have you been hiding... CGI Federal is one company along with QSSI .... Andy Slavitt, who represents QSSI ... CGI Federal and QSSI should never be issued another government contract ... where have you been hiding ... the private sector screws everything up when it comes to doing a job for the country.... this notion that its the government that screws it up is bull shit... here the republican force the privates sector to do the work for the web site and every time the republicans get the private sector in the way,with their private sector can do a better job bullshit, we the people get totally fucked ... it's time to remove head from your ass and start looking around you and find out what the hells going on ...

Isn't that what I said?

the state is going after them in court for money lost ...

So why spend 300 million....err.....lose 300 million?

It wasn't lost.

It was spent.

You want lost?

CNN.com - Audit: U.S. lost track of $9 billion in Iraq funds - Jan 30, 2005

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Nearly $9 billion of money spent on Iraqi reconstruction is unaccounted for because of inefficiencies and bad management, according to a watchdog report published Sunday.

Where was conservative rage back then?

:eusa_hand:

translation=she hasn't any answer ...other then her smart ass remarks, she can't defend her party... you see, its ok for republicans to lose money up the ass but have a company like oracle or Solendra lose money its the end of the world as we know it ...

More proof - govt can't do anything right. They don't even try. Obamacare is just a scam to make the rich richer.

More Scrutiny for Failed Cover Oregon Rollout

21 Mar 2014
The debacle of the “Cover Oregon” website may be the biggest healthcare scandal you’ve never heard about.
Cover Oregon is the name of the state health insurance exchange for The Beaver State. The name is now synonymous with perhaps the nation’s largest IT failure. More than $300 million in federal grant money was at stake. The state had already spent an estimated $200 million on the website that has yet to register a single Oregonian for healthcare. It may be a couple of years before the website will be up and fully functioning.

The events on Thursday have shone a national spotlight on the failed Cover Oregon website rollout. As of Friday morning, virtually every single state official associated with the state’s healthcare exchange effort has resigned, including Kitzhaber’s staunchest healthcare ally, Dr. Bruce Goldberg, who resigned on Thursday as executive director of Cover Oregon, a position he assumed only a few months earlier.

Why are you quoting an article from March 21st? And what did the federal government have to do with Cover Oregon...other than taking it over this week?

The Obama administration is poised to take over Oregon’s broken health insurance exchange, according to officials familiar with the decision who say that it reflects federal officials’ conclusion that several state-run marketplaces may be too dysfunctional to fix.

In public, the board overseeing Cover Oregon is scheduled to vote Friday whether to join the federal insurance marketplace that sells health plans in most of the country under the Affordable Care Act. Behind the scenes, the officials say, federal and Oregon officials already have agreed that closing down the state marketplace is the best path to rescue what has been the country’s only one to fail so spectacularly that no resident has been able to sign up for coverage online since it opened early last fall.

Isn't that what I said?
wasn't sure what you said it wasn't very clear to me ....I stand corrected

No accountability from the left... shocking. Keep comparing Obama's failures to Bush's, makes you look sooo very good.

Spot on!
You're right, comparing Bush to Obama does make the left "look sooo very good."
Glad we can agree for change.

Hey, Republicans!
When the Obamacare website allows the worst
terrorist attack in American history, starts two
misguided, mismanaged and unfunded wars,
presides over an economic collapse,
and shuts down the government, then it might
approach your standards for "train wreck."

Until then, why don't you try helping
the American people instead of obstructing
every effort to make things better?

The OP "Obamacare in Oregon - ZERO enrollees!!" is that of a troll.

The state exchange was having tech problems so it was converted to ACA.

Another health care success, another far right weirdo failure.

So why spend 300 million....err.....lose 300 million?

because we can ... look at Iraq... or anything the republicans did in the last 30 years ...didn't hear you complaining about that ... 1 state out of 50 ... I would say that's very good, almost on the side of excellent ... if you had a test ... on that test you had 50 questions ....and you missed 1 question ... to republican you've a failed

This doesn't have shit to do with Republicans or Iraq. Oregon is as Leftytoon as they come. So you and Sallow can stuff it. The point is if Oregon has their own insurance program there was no reason to spend $300 million on a site that was never going to be used.

There was never any intent to have it work. The plan was ALWAYS to have it fail, and then turn it over to the feds. Always.

Forum List

Back