🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obamacare just got $111 BILLION more expensive..WTF???

Administration officials say the explanation lies in budget technicalities
Why would the White House say the $111 billion increase was due to 'budget technicalities', if there WERE no $111 billion increase?

Were they... lying???

It's almost as if I've already expressed my opinion on that in post #146.

And I suspect the answer is an embarrassing arithmetical mistake in the FY12 request. Or some very weird assumptions they've wisely decided to abandon this go around.

DANCE, Baryshnikov, DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:
picture.aspx

Why would the White House say the $111 billion increase was due to 'budget technicalities', if there WERE no $111 billion increase?

Were they... lying???

As you can see, we have a spin doctor who is going to hold to the number that makes his case look the best.

The so-called advertised price.

I don't recall them cutting 111 billion out of the budget. If they had, we would have heard about it. The budget increase takes the price of the program up in total. No answer as to cuts other places to offset it...but the overall price isn't going up....but it is.

Why does this thread exist? I thought you right wing asshats swore that the Supreme Court was going to rule the law unconstitutional, so why whine about the cost?

Hahahaha.

That point was already made.

Maybe you should read the thread before running off at the mouth.

Were they... lying???

As you can see, we have a spin doctor who is going to hold to the number that makes his case look the best.

The so-called advertised price.

I don't recall them cutting 111 billion out of the budget. If they had, we would have heard about it. The budget increase takes the price of the program up in total. No answer as to cuts other places to offset it...but the overall price isn't going up....but it is.

I wonder which one is GB???

1296152468_spin-doctors-collections.jpg

I don't recall them cutting 111 billion out of the budget. If they had, we would have heard about it. The budget increase takes the price of the program up in total.

No, it doesn't. I really don't know what's confusing you about this, so help me out.

For FY12, the White House budget listed outlays over the 2014-2012 period that were a little over $110 less than the official estimates of the law's costs. This year their request is in line with those estimates.

Nothing has changed about the actual estimates of the law's costs, other than the White House bringing their own expectations in line with them.

Why does this thread exist? I thought you right wing asshats swore that the Supreme Court was going to rule the law unconstitutional, so why whine about the cost?

Hahahaha.

Why? It's just full of the usual right-wing conservative whining.

Hahahaha.

I realize your ADD meds have limited value.

However several of us have discussed the folly of believing the prognostications of the current administration. They have purposely politicised numbers and are now forced to upgrade the projections to include allowances for earlier mistakes that kept actual numbers from the American Taxpayer.

Now run along.

White House Quietly Increases Budget for Obamacare's Exchange Subsidies by $111 Billion

I would say this says it does.

Again, the change is between the White House's FY12 and FY13 budget requests.

I don't know of anyone who was judging the cost of the exchange subsidies based on the White House's FY12 budget request. Personally, I never bothered looking at that request before today.

The expected cost of the subsidies--the estimates you read in the newspapers--has always been what the CBO has been projecting. For whatever reason, the White House's budget request last year was quite a bit less than what the CBO was projecting. This current budget request--for FY13--brings their request in line with what CBO has been projecting all along.

I'd be fascinated to hear what exactly they were doing with last year's budget request. But again, the expected cost of the law hasn't increased by $111 billion.

what double talk, I swear to god, do they teach you how to do this or does it come naturally?

So the CBO WAS right? so if I post a blurb wherein the CBO says obamacare will most certainly be more expensive than we have forecast just for the window we were forced to consider you'd say? what? I am right? hahahahahah..sure. we've been over this before too.

and its about a great deal more than just 2012 ands 2013..isn't it? why didn't you mention that?

piker.

so;

I’ve written extensively about how the most fiscally dangerous aspect of Obamacare is its creation of a new entitlement for subsidized private insurance, through the law’s state-based exchanges. If employers dump many of their workers onto the exchanges, as numerous independent analyses suggest is likely, taxpayers may need to spend as much as $200 billion a year extra on these exchange subsidies.

Well, it turns out that the Obama Administration agrees that initial spending estimates are too low. The White House’s fiscal year 2013 budget adds $111 billion in exchange spending between 2014 and 2021, with even more spending to come in future years.

snip-

Below is a comparison of a section of Table 33-1, “Federal Programs by Agency and Account,” in the White House Office of Management and Budget’s fiscal year 2012 and 2013 budgets. (If you want to look it up yourself, go to the “refundable premium assistance tax credit” entry on pages 322 and 315 of the FY 2012 and FY 2013 budgets, respectively.) You can click on the table to enlarge it:

ombexchanges1213-1024x163.jpg

For the years in which the two exchange budgets overlap—2014 through 2021—the White House states that it expects to spend $111 billion more in its new budget than it projected a year ago. In 2021 alone, the difference between the two budgets is almost $20 billion, implying that exchange spending will be up by over $200 billion in the decade following 2021.

White House Quietly Increases Budget for Obamacare's Exchange Subsidies by $111 Billion - Forbes

Well, it turns out that the Obama Administration agrees that initial spending estimates are too low. The White House’s fiscal year 2013 budget adds $111 billion in exchange spending between 2014 and 2021, with even more spending to come in future years.

The initial estimates for the costs of exchange subsidies + exchange cost sharing reductions came from the CBO. And over the 2014-2021 period, they're $519 billion.

The "new" estimates from the White House for that spending over that time period are <$524 billion.

What a change-up!

The initial estimates for the costs of exchange subsidies + exchange cost sharing reductions came from the CBO. And over the 2014-2021 period, they're $519 billion.

The "new" estimates from the White House for that spending over that time period are <$524 billion.

What a change-up!

Initial estimates ?

They only serve your cause.

You appear to be a master of the fuzzy math.

Why? It's just full of the usual right-wing conservative whining.

Hahahaha.

I realize your ADD meds have limited value.

However several of us have discussed the folly of believing the prognostications of the current administration. They have purposely politicised numbers and are now forced to upgrade the projections to include allowances for earlier mistakes that kept actual numbers from the American Taxpayer.

Now run along.

You still whining?

White House Quietly Increases Budget for Obamacare's Exchange Subsidies by $111 Billion

I would say this says it does.

Again, the change is between the White House's FY12 and FY13 budget requests.

I don't know of anyone who was judging the cost of the exchange subsidies based on the White House's FY12 budget request. Personally, I never bothered looking at that request before today.

The expected cost of the subsidies--the estimates you read in the newspapers--has always been what the CBO has been projecting. For whatever reason, the White House's budget request last year was quite a bit less than what the CBO was projecting. This current budget request--for FY13--brings their request in line with what CBO has been projecting all along.

I'd be fascinated to hear what exactly they were doing with last year's budget request. But again, the expected cost of the law hasn't increased by $111 billion.

what double talk, I swear to god, do they teach you how to do this or does it come naturally?

So the CBO WAS right? so if I post a blurb wherein the CBO says obamacare will most certainly be more expensive than we have forecast just for the window we were forced to consider you'd say? what? I am right? hahahahahah..sure. we've been over this before too.

and its about a great deal more than just 2012 ands 2013..isn't it? why didn't you mention that?

piker.

so;

I’ve written extensively about how the most fiscally dangerous aspect of Obamacare is its creation of a new entitlement for subsidized private insurance, through the law’s state-based exchanges. If employers dump many of their workers onto the exchanges, as numerous independent analyses suggest is likely, taxpayers may need to spend as much as $200 billion a year extra on these exchange subsidies.

snip-

Below is a comparison of a section of Table 33-1, “Federal Programs by Agency and Account,” in the White House Office of Management and Budget’s fiscal year 2012 and 2013 budgets. (If you want to look it up yourself, go to the “refundable premium assistance tax credit” entry on pages 322 and 315 of the FY 2012 and FY 2013 budgets, respectively.) You can click on the table to enlarge it:

ombexchanges1213-1024x163.jpg

For the years in which the two exchange budgets overlap—2014 through 2021—the White House states that it expects to spend $111 billion more in its new budget than it projected a year ago. In 2021 alone, the difference between the two budgets is almost $20 billion, implying that exchange spending will be up by over $200 billion in the decade following 2021.

White House Quietly Increases Budget for Obamacare's Exchange Subsidies by $111 Billion - Forbes

you really shouldn't throw all those numbers at GB at the same time. He might get dizzy trying to spin how it proves his point :rofl:

you know, if Salt, GB and Rdean are the best the libtards can throw into this thread, I'm going to sleep. I'll check the spin tomorrow.

Testimony to the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
Wasteful Government Spending Apart from Fraud and Abuse. A thorough examination of healthcare waste released in 2009 by Thomson Reuters determined that between $600 billion and $850 billion of healthcare spending annually is wasted. While the study found $125 billion to $175 billion of this is attributed purely to fraud, the remainder is made up of administrative waste, provider errors, and other costs associated with unnecessary and duplicative diagnostic testing.

This fraud has grown over 30% since Obamacare passed. This alone will bankrupt the country.

Nope pursuing fraud has increased by 30%.
The fraud was always there.

Forum List

Back