Obamas "Jobs Bill" is DOA as it should be!!!!!!! Unfu***** believeable

I am responding as it pertains to American Liberalism and Conservatism.

in bold and black lettering:

To the contrary, conservatism believes everyone is responsible for themselves and does not take into consideration whether a person is evil of not. And the only people that are excluded are those that do not wish to take responsibility for themselves.

in bold and red lettering:

To the contrary, liberalism shows LACK of faith in human beings and lack of faith in the human spirit as it pushes for government as a medium to ensure those that need are cared for...out of concern that humans, in themselves, wont do it themselves. Liberalism in the US seems to believe that no one will do good unless prompted to...and as it pertains to trust in fellow Americans...it seems liberals are very much wrapped up in how the actions of others affects them.

I am so fucking sick of the polarized arguments of the right. The ALL or NONE, black or white bullshit. NO society has done well with any extreme ideology setting policy. America thrived with a mixed economy. Since Reagan and the shift to a 'free market' only, privatization ideology, our GDP growth has contracted, not expanded. It is FACT that the biggest growth in GDP was during FDR's New Deal.

Conservatism equates wealth with virtue. it is the way they are raised.

The way to understand the conservative moral system is to consider a strict father family. The father is The Decider, the ultimate moral authority in the family. His authority must not be challenged. His job is to protect the family, to support the family (by winning competitions in the marketplace), and to teach his kids right from wrong by disciplining them physically when they do wrong. The use of force is necessary and required. Only then will children develop the internal discipline to become moral beings. And only with such discipline will they be able to prosper. And what of people who are not prosperous? They don't have discipline, and without discipline they cannot be moral, so they deserve their poverty. The good people are hence the prosperous people. Helping others takes away their discipline, and hence makes them both unable to prosper on their own and function morally.

So to conservatives, an aristocracy is not only proper, it is moral to them. Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world.

If I recall correctly, it was your post that was the first polarizing post in that little exchange. Funny, how you jump down jarhead's throat here when it was simply in response to your own post and then, right after you criticize him, I'll be damned, you go right back to polarizing!

Immie

I guess you don't understand what polarized thinking means. It is not a bias, it is an illness. And you ignored the context, and my reply.

Styles of Distorted Thinking

Polarized Thinking (false choice, dichotomy, primal thinking, false dilemma, black and white thinking): This is the fallacy of thinking that things are either black or white, good or bad, all or nothing. This fallacy can lead to rigid and harmful rules based on primal thinking when it is efficient to compress complex information into simplistic categories for rapid decision making during times of stress, conflict, or threat. Polarized thinking can also lead to unhelpful forms of perfectionism. The reality often lies in the sizeable middle ground between these extreme poles.

False dichotomies are harmful because they distract us from the many alternatives that could provide creative solutions or help us constructively resolve conflict. Consider the distinction between the false dichotomy of “black or white” and the accurate dichotomy of “black or non-black”. Non-black includes a vast range of colors spanning shades of gray, the colors of the rainbow, and the infinite shades of colors in between. Yet all of these rich and varied possibilities are dismissed when we accept the false dichotomy of “black or white”. EC

I am so fucking sick of the polarized arguments of the right. The ALL or NONE, black or white bullshit. NO society has done well with any extreme ideology setting policy. America thrived with a mixed economy. Since Reagan and the shift to a 'free market' only, privatization ideology, our GDP growth has contracted, not expanded. It is FACT that the biggest growth in GDP was during FDR's New Deal.

Conservatism equates wealth with virtue. it is the way they are raised.

The way to understand the conservative moral system is to consider a strict father family. The father is The Decider, the ultimate moral authority in the family. His authority must not be challenged. His job is to protect the family, to support the family (by winning competitions in the marketplace), and to teach his kids right from wrong by disciplining them physically when they do wrong. The use of force is necessary and required. Only then will children develop the internal discipline to become moral beings. And only with such discipline will they be able to prosper. And what of people who are not prosperous? They don't have discipline, and without discipline they cannot be moral, so they deserve their poverty. The good people are hence the prosperous people. Helping others takes away their discipline, and hence makes them both unable to prosper on their own and function morally.

So to conservatives, an aristocracy is not only proper, it is moral to them. Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world.

If I recall correctly, it was your post that was the first polarizing post in that little exchange. Funny, how you jump down jarhead's throat here when it was simply in response to your own post and then, right after you criticize him, I'll be damned, you go right back to polarizing!

Immie

I guess you don't understand what polarized thinking means. It is not a bias, it is an illness. And you ignored the context, and my reply.

Polarized Thinking (false choice, dichotomy, primal thinking, false dilemma, black and white thinking): This is the fallacy of thinking that things are either black or white, good or bad, all or nothing. This fallacy can lead to rigid and harmful rules based on primal thinking when it is efficient to compress complex information into simplistic categories for rapid decision making during times of stress, conflict, or threat. Polarized thinking can also lead to unhelpful forms of perfectionism. The reality often lies in the sizeable middle ground between these extreme poles.

False dichotomies are harmful because they distract us from the many alternatives that could provide creative solutions or help us constructively resolve conflict. Consider the distinction between the false dichotomy of “black or white” and the accurate dichotomy of “black or non-black”. Non-black includes a vast range of colors spanning shades of gray, the colors of the rainbow, and the infinite shades of colors in between. Yet all of these rich and varied possibilities are dismissed when we accept the false dichotomy of “black or white”. EC
If you object to polarized thinking, you probably shouldn't exclusively engage in it.

"Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world."

Immie

If you object to polarized thinking, you probably shouldn't exclusively engage in it.

"Conservatism is incompatible with democracy, prosperity, and civilization in general. It is a destructive system of inequality and prejudice that is founded on deception and has no place in the modern world."

You don't understand either...I'm not surprised.

My statement is bias, but it is not polarized thinking.

Horseshit, you flaming hypocrite.

Oh its polarizing alright, I just am not ready to give you credit for thinking. More like a random hate filled statement.

Oh its polarizing alright, I just am not ready to give you credit for thinking. More like a random hate filled statement.

Another one who doesn't understand the difference. It may be bias, AND even polarizING to some on the right, but it is not polarized thinking.

Another one who doesn't understand the difference. It may be bias, AND even polarizING to some on the right, but it is not polarized thinking.

Good to know even you are open to questioning the thinking part...:cool:

Unfortunately my statement is true. Modern conservatism is actually a deeply radical movement, one that is hostile to the kind of society we’ve had for the past three generations — that is, a society that, acting through the government, tries to mitigate some of the “common hazards of life” through such programs as Social Security, unemployment insurance, Medicare and Medicaid.

Now we have 'conservatives' cheering for uninsured Americans to DIE.

Can you name another group of people who cheer the death of Americans?

nasrallah-death-to-america.jpg

It says Death to America, not Americans.

Obamacare's rationing system will cause far more deaths.

Death to America is Obama's gig.

Last edited:

Unfortunately my statement is true. Modern conservatism is actually a deeply radical movement, one that is hostile to the kind of society we’ve had for the past three generations — that is, a society that, acting through the government, tries to mitigate some of the “common hazards of life” through such programs as Social Security, unemployment insurance, Medicare and Medicaid.

that is an unfair statement.
No one is cheering for uninsured Americans to die.

We simply said that uninsured Americans are well taken care of by the tax payer when they use the ER......and to my knowledge, I have not heard of anyone dying in the ER becuase they were not cared for due to lack of insurance.

It is a system that has been working.

Yes, I know...there was that one instance where someone was ignored and died...but that was human negligence by the RN and had nothing to do with insurance.

Not only are conservatives hostile to a civil society, they are fucking ignorant, just like you. There is no 'rationing system' in the health care bill.

Not only are conservatives hostile to a civil society, they are fucking ignorant, just like you. There is no 'rationing system' in the health care bill.

It doesn't need to be stated formally. The system has no logical conclusion other than rationed care. That will result in deaths. Only a simpleton such as yourself can come to any other conclusion.

that is an unfair statement.
No one is cheering for uninsured Americans to die.

We simply said that uninsured Americans are well taken care of by the tax payer when they use the ER......and to my knowledge, I have not heard of anyone dying in the ER becuase they were not cared for due to lack of insurance.

It is a system that has been working.

Yes, I know...there was that one instance where someone was ignored and died...but that was human negligence by the RN and had nothing to do with insurance.

I'm sorry Jarhead, you seem to be a moderate conservative, but the vast majority of right wingers on this board are ignorant, radical and a threat to a free and open society.

What is even more scary is many holding office in Washington share the same radical, destructive and dangerous views. We know from George W. Bush's speechwriter that Republicans had only one plan in mind for health care...destroy reform and destroy Obama. That my conservative friend is terrorism...

"At the beginning of this process we made a strategic decision: unlike, say, Democrats in 2001 when President Bush proposed his first tax cut, we would make no deal with the administration. No negotiations, no compromise, nothing. We were going for all the marbles. This would be Obama’s Waterloo – just as healthcare was Clinton’s in 1994.
David Frum

It doesn't need to be stated formally. The system has no logical conclusion other than rationed care. That will result in deaths. Only a simpleton such as yourself can come to any other conclusion.

Ignorance is not a response...you fail. Bring PROOF with links so I can hand you your tiny little head.

Ignorance is not a response...you fail. Bring PROOF with links so I can hand you your tiny little head.

I know ignorance is not a response. I tried telling you that for over a year. Nice to see some results are occuring.

this is pure campaign talk, when it doesn't pass because it is garbage he will blame the conservatives. He would not know a jobs plan if it was surgically attached to his butt.

Well suppose you enlighten us with the rights idea of a job bill.
Give it your best shot.
Since they have taken control of the House, the right wing has put forth not one single jobs bill.
:clap2:

Why do you applaud yourself for saying stupid shit that's completely wrong? Come to that, what kind of cheesebrained me-monkey feels the need to applaud himself at all?

Two "American Jobs Act" bills -- GOP lawmaker swipes Obama's bill name - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Seems that while Obama was out there screeching, "Pass this bill now!" at everyone who held still for five seconds, there wasn't actually any bill for Congress to pass. Maybe instead of wasting all that time trying to arrange a joint session of Congress to grandstand at (and upstage the GOP debate), he should have spent some time looking for Congressmembers to sponsor and present his piece-of-shit bill. Oops! Did you leftists forget that no President, not even Obama the Messiah himself, can actually present bills to Congress?

What's wrong with Americans paying for America's success?
America's not succeeding.
No one got rich on a desert island. I missed the part when we changed into a third world nation because we just love being a third world nation.
The left is doing their damnedest to make it happen.

and yet it was the right that crashed the economy and is blocking all means of fixing it in order to win an election next november.

kinda sad, imo.

:lmao:

Forum List

Back