Obamas "Jobs Bill" is DOA as it should be!!!!!!! Unfu***** believeable

Yes, the GOP are really concerned about the US people.

Remember this?
“The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president”

What a destructive and revealing statement.
How can anyone take their motives seriously after that?

Wouldn't you want the most destructive president in American history to be a one termer?

No wait thats right you're not an American you are a New Zeland citizen. thanks for playing.

Welcome to the Global Village bigrednec

Remember this?
“The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president”

Wouldn't you want the most destructive president in American history to be a one termer?

No wait thats right you're not an American you are a New Zeland citizen. thanks for playing.

I think before you come to an American discussion board and give your opinion of whats wrong with America you should have an American citizenship, or at least live here a few years. If you don't you sound just like anyone from a third world country, thats propragating what their dictators tells them to say about America.

I think before you come to an American discussion board and give your opinion of whats wrong with America you should have an American citizenship, or at least live here a few years. If you don't you sound just like anyone from a third world country, thats propragating what their dictators tells them to say about America.

So...what do you think I'd learn about America if I did nothing but read this forum...get my information from this group of good and knowledgeable citizens of your great country rather than from the dictator of my third world country?

So...what do you think I'd learn about America if I did nothing but read this forum...get my information from this group of good and knowledgeable citizens of your great country rather than from the dictator of my third world country?

I said you would sound like anyone from a third world country propragating for their dictator. Sounding like one and being one is a little different.

I said you would sound like anyone from a third world country propragating for their dictator. Sounding like one and being one is a little different.

If I used the same spelling and tortured grammar as you, would I sound like an American then?

Remember this?

Your objection assumes that Obama's presidency is good for America.

It is not.

Remember this?

What's "destructive" about getting a disaster like Obama out of office? I can't imagine anything more constructive.

Shouldn't their priority be rebuilding the US economy?
So, we should treat the symptom but ignore the disease?

If I used the same spelling and tortured grammar as you, would I sound like an American then?
Have you similarly criticized, say, Truthmatters for her mangling of the language?

No?

Okay, then.

What's "destructive" about getting a disaster like Obama out of office? I can't imagine anything more constructive.

No, but surely they are in power with the assumption of the people that they're going to do their best to run the country responsibly.
By all means do their best to steer policy in what they believe is the best direction (that's the opposition role) - but to have their primary focus as the removal of the president is surely distracting them from the really important stuff.

Have you similarly criticized, say, Truthmatters for her mangling of the language?

No?

Okay, then.

I can't remember...maybe you should look back over my posts.

Stopped falling?

YES...it not only stopped falling, it made an abrupt about face. It couldn't be any more dramatic or obvious.

gdp_recov.png

jobs_recov.png

Yer nuts.....If you call 7% neg growth to near zero or slight growth an improvement.
When Ed Koch was mayor of NYC he went on a crusade to get the subway system fixed. During his third term he said "the subway system stinks less"...
Pretty much what we have now with the economy.
The geniuses is DC stated they needed stimulus one. That didn't do as predicted. They aid the problem was far worse. They demanded stimulus II.....That didn't do as predicted. They said it was way worse. Now they want MORE plus a 1.3 trillion dollar tax increase?! Fuck them.
Obama is playing politics. He gets to run around the country campaigning that his jobs bill and tax increases will work and the awful GOP won't let him have the items. He said earlier today that he will veto any proposal from the republicans that cuts spending without tax increases. He knows God Damned well the GOP has no intention of raising taxes. Obama did this deliberately. Same old bullshit with this guy. He knows everything about politics and nothing of government.

Look, you're not getting any more money.

There was only ONE stimulus. The Recovery Act did what we expected it to do.

It created a few million jobs and shaved a few percentage points off the unemployment rate. But most important, it kept a bad situation from getting a lot worse.

Lots of academic, nonpartisan evidence reveals the Recovery Act created or saved millions of jobs. The Congressional Budget Office released a report finding that at its height about a year ago, the act created (taking the midrange of their estimates) around 2.5 million jobs, and shaved around 1.5 points off of the unemployment rate.

Again, that's what we expected in terms of unemployment reduction, though we clearly were too optimistic about the level of the jobless rate, in large part because we had not yet seen data on just how deep the unfolding downturn was.

One scholarly study by economists Alan Blinder and Mark Zandi that looked at the full spate of anti-recession initiatives -- not just the Recovery Act -- found that "the effects of the fiscal stimulus alone appear very substantial, raising 2010 real GDP by about 3.4%, holding the unemployment rate about 1.5 percentage points lower, and adding almost 2.7 million jobs to U.S. payrolls."

The Bush 'job loss' was due to three significant events:
1. 9/11 - Which we recovered from
2. Katrina - Which we recovered from
3. The housing bubble collapse - he didn't have time to deal with that but agreed on TARP which was a mistake. (Obama has equal culpability in that.)

If you take those three things out of the equation, he had eight great years economically.

Obama inherited the aftermath of the housing bubble collapse, but he has done absolutely nothing to turn that around and his economic policies for the most part have been temporary bandaids or job killers. His latest scheme is more of the same.
Correct on all points.
However, I will submit that Bush 43 was a big spending populist.

I refer you to my Post #635 in which I acknowledge that had we known what we were getting with Bush on energy, immigration, entitlements, and spending, we would have elected somebody else. On the other hand, he was good with economics and excellent with national security. Think what we would have had with Gore at the helm when 9/11 happened. :(

Bush was excellent on national security? The WORST domestic attack in history occurred on his watch! Google 9/11.

If Gore was at the helm, he wouldn't have ignored the constant warnings from the CIA and his national security chief of an imminent attack prior to 9/11.

Presidential Daily Briefing
bin Ladin Determined to Strike in US
August 6, 2001

80601pdb1.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: idb

No, but surely they are in power with the assumption of the people that they're going to do their best to run the country responsibly.
By all means do their best to steer policy in what they believe is the best direction (that's the opposition role) - but to have their primary focus as the removal of the president is surely distracting them from the really important stuff.
Given the obstructionism of the Senate and President Obama's utter unwillingness to work with the GOP, what do you think they could accomplish?

Given the obstructionism of the Senate and President Obama's utter unwillingness to work with the GOP, what do you think they could accomplish?

They're paid to try aren't they?

They're paid to try aren't they?
They're not paid to waste their time.

Well excuse me for misspelling propagating my bad.

You are hereby dupoutized PUNED intend
Grammar-Police.png

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: idb

Well excuse me for misspelling propagating my bad.

You are hereby dupoutized PUNED intend
Grammar-Police.png

Usually when they have nothing of a retort, they become spelling nazi's.

Forum List

Back