Obama's military contempt: The outrageous treatment of Clint Lorance

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
I had not heard of this.

This conviction must be overturned.

Obama's military contempt: The outrageous treatment of Clint Lorance | Washington Times Communities

WASHINGTON, October 14, 2013 – If the fact that the Obama Administration has blocked aging veterans from visiting the World War II memorial and denied death gratuity benefits for fallen warriors doesn’t seem to indicate contempt for our military, how about this most recent story?

Army First Lieutenant Clint Lorance, a 28-year-old combat leader in the 82d Airborne Division from Celeste, Texas was recently found guilty of two counts of murder in Afghanistan and sentenced to 20 years in Ft. Leavenworth.

The story of First Lieutenant Lorance has not been covered by a single major media source.

In July 2012, Lorance was ordered to take command of a platoon in the southern Afghanistan province of Kandahar, a region where I also spent two and a half years training and advising the Afghan National Army. The platoon Lorance now commanded had lost its previous leader to enemy attack.

During a patrol in enemy territory, Lorance ordered a marksman to engage two unarmed Taliban fighters on a motorcycle operating as scout spotters.

In Afghanistan and Iraq, a common enemy tactic is for unarmed fighters on motorcycles with cell phones to track unit movements. In fact, enemy combatants had previously used the tactics against this same platoon.

Lorance, who was operating in a combat zone, saw the scout spotters and assessed them as a threat to his platoon. Aerial surveillance later backed up Lorance’s on-the-ground assessment.

It seems obvious that enemy scouts reporting a unit position and movements in order to facilitate an ambush would define “hostile intent.” But not according to the watered-down Rules of Engagement with which our warriors must contend.

I had not heard of this.

Obama's military contempt: The outrageous treatment of Clint Lorance | Washington Times Communities

WASHINGTON, October 14, 2013 – If the fact that the Obama Administration has blocked aging veterans from visiting the World War II memorial and denied death gratuity benefits for fallen warriors doesn’t seem to indicate contempt for our military, how about this most recent story?

Army First Lieutenant Clint Lorance, a 28-year-old combat leader in the 82d Airborne Division from Celeste, Texas was recently found guilty of two counts of murder in Afghanistan and sentenced to 20 years in Ft. Leavenworth.

The story of First Lieutenant Lorance has not been covered by a single major media source.

In July 2012, Lorance was ordered to take command of a platoon in the southern Afghanistan province of Kandahar, a region where I also spent two and a half years training and advising the Afghan National Army. The platoon Lorance now commanded had lost its previous leader to enemy attack.

During a patrol in enemy territory, Lorance ordered a marksman to engage two unarmed Taliban fighters on a motorcycle operating as scout spotters.

In Afghanistan and Iraq, a common enemy tactic is for unarmed fighters on motorcycles with cell phones to track unit movements. In fact, enemy combatants had previously used the tactics against this same platoon.

Lorance, who was operating in a combat zone, saw the scout spotters and assessed them as a threat to his platoon. Aerial surveillance later backed up Lorance’s on-the-ground assessment.

It seems obvious that enemy scouts reporting a unit position and movements in order to facilitate an ambush would define “hostile intent.” But not according to the watered-down Rules of Engagement with which our warriors must contend.

You blame President Obama for a general court martial verdict?

You'd think former Rep. West, who served in the military would know how the court martial process works.

Last edited:
I had not heard of this.

You'd think former Rep. West, who served in the military would know how the court martial process works.
Funny how Bush was personally responsible for Abu Ghraib, but Obama has nothing to do with the rules of engagement in the Afghan Theater.

I had not heard of this.

It would seem that you would attempt to understand the issues before commenting.Then again, you haven't let that stop you before.

I had not heard of this.

Are you ACTUALLY stupid enough to think that Obama couldn't have broomed this in a second?!

The court-martial process is going up the chain of command. Eventually, an appeal will reach the President's desk, which will refer it (generally) to the SecDoD for final adjudication.

The article in terms of any fault for the CiC can be ignored.

This thread is retarded. I hate Barry Soetoro like I've never hated another person in my life but you're living in fantasy land if you believe Barry gives a fuck about some cannon fodder who was stupid enough to be improperly sentenced in a fake war on terror.

Let this be a lesson. Never let your daughters or sons join the U.S. military if you give a shit about them.

I had not heard of this.

Are you ACTUALLY stupid enough to think that Obama couldn't have broomed this in a second?!
He's too busy getting personally involved "suggesting" that a record producer be released from prison.

Priorities, you know.

I had not heard of this.

Yeah, that's an odd one.

Everything that happens in the military is now Obama's fault.

ZZZZZZZ

If it happens, it's BECAUSE OBAMA!

You heard it here first. He is responsible for all things bad, and no things good. Pay attention.

:eusa_hand:
He's the President. The buck stops on his desk.

Or it's supposed to. His bootlickers and sycophants make sure the buck doesn't get anywhere near his desk.

I had not heard of this.

Funny how Bush was personally responsible for Abu Ghraib, but Obama has nothing to do with the rules of engagement in the Afghan Theater.

But Abu Ghraib wasn't torture, remember? So...what's the issue you have with it?

I had not heard of this.

It would seem that you would attempt to understand the issues before commenting.Then again, you haven't let that stop you before.

It would seem that you still do not know how courts martial are convened and who runs them.

I had not heard of this.

Seriously? You WANT the President of the United States to put the cabash on a duly convened military court? :eek:

But Abu Ghraib wasn't torture, remember? So...what's the issue you have with it?

Just pointing out the left's hypocrisy here.

And by "the left", I means you.

The court-martial process is going up the chain of command. Eventually, an appeal will reach the President's desk, which will refer it (generally) to the SecDoD for final adjudication.

The article in terms of any fault for the CiC can be ignored.

You'd think former Army officer West would know that. Perhaps he does...but also knows he has gullible readers.

Seriously? You WANT the President of the United States to put the cabash on a duly convened military court? :eek:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/curre...ucer-serving-55-years-on-pot-gun-charges.html

If I look in this thread, will I find similar shock and dismay from you?

Smart money says "no".

Forum List

Back