🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama’s true legacy for future generations is debt

Tax cuts will increase our debt and less regulations is like taking credit for improvement by eliminating a smog check requirement.

Now hold on there. I won't argue that tax cuts will pay for themselves, at least in the short run. Historically they never have as far as I know. BUT, I will say that if those tax cuts are done wisely and are temporary then it could be that over 10 or more years they might yield a more prosperous economy than otherwise. IOW, what's the most likely scenario 5 or 10 years down the road if you do the cuts vs if you don't. And I would take it a step further and say there are times IMHO where a tax cut is unwise, like when the economy is already going strong.

Re less regulations, it's sorta like the tax cuts; there are some regulations that absolutely have to be there, but also many that don't. I believe a hard look needs to be done to distinguish between the two, including looking at ways to reform those regs that are truly needed or finding other ways to accomplish the same thing with as much burden on businesses, especially small ones.

Tax cuts will increase our debt and less regulations is like taking credit for improvement by eliminating a smog check requirement.

Now hold on there. I won't argue that tax cuts will pay for themselves, at least in the short run. Historically they never have as far as I know. BUT, I will say that if those tax cuts are done wisely and are temporary then it could be that over 10 or more years they might yield a more prosperous economy than otherwise. IOW, what's the most likely scenario 5 or 10 years down the road if you do the cuts vs if you don't. And I would take it a step further and say there are times IMHO where a tax cut is unwise, like when the economy is already going strong.

Re less regulations, it's sorta like the tax cuts; there are some regulations that absolutely have to be there, but also many that don't. I believe a hard look needs to be done to distinguish between the two, including looking at ways to reform those regs that are truly needed or finding other ways to accomplish the same thing with as much burden on businesses, especially small ones.
Only the right wing is that, "capitalistic". We cannot prosecute alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror, while lowering taxes.

Only the right wing is that, "capitalistic". We cannot prosecute alleged wars on crime, drugs, and terror, while lowering taxes.

Only the left wing is dumb enough to think they can raise taxes and increase economic growth.

Only the left wing is dumb enough to think they can raise taxes and increase economic growth.
We have to raise taxes to wage real times of war; economic growth will follow command economics, fiscal policies.

Forum List

Back