occupy wall st will have the same effect as tahrir square

So Obama is going to be overthrown and the United States is going to become a Muslim state?

I don't particularly care for Obama. Im going to vote him out of office, but I dont think think overthrowing him and establishing a muslim state is a very good idea.

i think you're missing the point, hon. what they want is pretty simple. they want corporate money to stop buying our government. i think that's kind of reasonable... which was the real travesty of the citizen's united decision.

The difference between the left's civil war in America and the revolt in Egypt is in Egypt the people were deposing a government and dictator they disagreed with. In America, the left is fighting against the PEOPLE who DO NOT want to install a dictator and impose a totalitarian government.

So you think wallstreet and the banks want democracy?

You really think they are the American heros in this fight?

No they want a Republic. Because they are free to make money that way.

Do you really think the anarchists and those who want to murder people who make more money for them are heroes at all?

Did I miss the part about giving them access to our Bank Accounts and copies of our house key's? Id they ask for free Towing and Free Flier miles? How about Coupons, or should just be able to load up with what they want? How about free shipping? You would think they would want that too. ;) I know, free Happy Meals and Free Happy Endings Too. :D

I love reality don't you?

I love how progressives never want to discuss their values - which proves them to be communist bastards living off the government...

Wow! And I thought the Occupy Wall Street posters were extremist! Nick, you are the polar opposite as those folks but you are as much of an extremist as they are!

So Obama is going to be overthrown and the United States is going to become a Muslim state?

I don't particularly care for Obama. Im going to vote him out of office, but I dont think think overthrowing him and establishing a muslim state is a very good idea.

i think you're missing the point, hon. what they want is pretty simple. they want corporate money to stop buying our government. i think that's kind of reasonable... which was the real travesty of the citizen's united decision.

Then shrink the government to where it should be, restore the Senate to the States, and no one will be able to "buy" government.

Wow! And I thought the Occupy Wall Street posters were extremist! Nick, you are the polar opposite as those folks but you are as much of an extremist as they are!

'Extremist'

What a BS insult. Mr. Nick is . . . something else. But 'extremism' isn't one of his problems.

Remember, excellence is an extreme.

Last edited:
how did the average home owner cause the real estate bubble? How did the average person now out of work cause the mass layoffs caused by criminal actions of wall st?

average home owners borrowed what they couldn't pay back.

How about banks were forced into lending to people by democrats and "community activists (Sharpton)" who had no intention to pay for their homes...

Community Reinvestment Act and the amendments made under Clinton are responsible for the housing bubble...

shhhhhhhh.... been through this... that's BS. no one... no one... no one forced banks to disregard creditworthiness. they were just forced not to discriminate.

the bundling of bad debt and de-regulation was a far bigger problem.

but nice deflection, once again. though i sort of have to ask why you repeat the same nonsense no matter how many times it's shown to be untrue.

can't wait for heads to literally start rolling
This will have the same as effect as a passing season. It's here for a while then it goes away.
These protesters are a mixture of bums, lazy asses, anarchists and people who cannot let go of the 60's.
In a word...these people are "assholes".
They block traffic, inconvenience people who are trying to WORK, prevent shops, restaurants and boutiques from doing business and other kinds of havoc.

can't wait for heads to literally start rolling

Actually..it's gaining alot of steam. The MTA and Postal Unions are backing this..

:clap2:
:cuckoo:
You mean this idiot?....TWU Local 100 | Get there with TWU
Big fucking deal. A union thug representing a public worker union spouting off.
BTW Sally, if this guy thinks of doing anything which remotely resembles a job action to support these wanna be hippies, not only will he find himself out of a job, he will find himself spending time in the Rikers Island cross bar hotel.
You are form New York. You know damned well what happened when the Leader of the TWU called that transit strike on Christmas Eve....He was thrown in jail. Right where he belonged.

Sorry puppy pad...the union thing is much ado about nothing. And so is this dopey protest.
BTW, representatives of public worker unions would be wise to stay far under the radar.
Public unions are not exactly popular right now.

Sounds like the "October Offensive" that Van Jones was talking about.

Seems odd that Van Jones a former Obama buddy would organize protests against the Obama administration.

This is a protest happening while Obama is President...right?
These folks seem angry about something right?
So they must be protesting against the Obama Presidency...right?...

Or is it one of those this isn't against Obama deals.
Obama is President but this,3 years later is about a protest against Bush....:eusa_hand:

Seems odd that Van Jones a former Obama buddy would organize protests against the Obama administration.

This is a protest happening while Obama is President...right?
These folks seem angry about something right?
So they must be protesting against the Obama Presidency...right?...

Or is it one of those this isn't against Obama deals.
Obama is President but this,3 years later is about a protest against Bush....:eusa_hand:

Top down. Bottom up. Inside out.

Business ceases to be "private" when:

A. It is bailed out by tax payer money.
B. It becomes to big to fail.
C. Tax payer money is funneled into the private coffers.
True but accurate.
Remember, the same applies to GM and Chrysler.
Based on your claim, those UAW people should be out of a job.
Deal?

How about banks were forced into lending to people by democrats and "community activists (Sharpton)" who had no intention to pay for their homes...

Community Reinvestment Act and the amendments made under Clinton are responsible for the housing bubble...

shhhhhhhh.... been through this... that's BS. no one... no one... no one forced banks to disregard creditworthiness. they were just forced not to discriminate.

but nice deflection, once again. though i sort of have to ask why you repeat the same nonsense no matter how many times it's shown to be untrue.

They were pressured and threatened.

So answer me this, Dragon? Do you support the list of demands that the Occupy Wall Street people have put forth? You support them so I assume you support their goals as well?

What I've seen has been the Manifesto which is a list of grievances rather than demands per se, and yes, for the most part I support those. The only person I've seen mentioning a $20 minimum wage or cancellation of debts was you.

Rather than raising the minimum wage, I would like to see a return to government support for workers' rights, especially the right to form a union, which would over time increase the rate of unionization of the work force and raise wages across the board. (A higher minimum wage would of course only impact very low-wage jobs. It might be a worthy move for its own sake but it would have little impact on the economy as a whole.) Although I think a general cancellation of debts would be excessive, I would like to see forgiveness of student loan debt and a restructuring of our education system so that it becomes affordable for all qualified students without burdening them with crushing debts -- such as was possible when I was in college. Help for people threatened with foreclosure would also be a good thing.

Most important of all, I would like to see an end to the system of legalized bribery that allows corporations to exert undue influence over the government. This would require getting around the Citizens United decision in one way or another, and might require a constitutional amendment clarifying that money is not speech and not protected by the First Amendment. Or it might just take a new Court decision reversing that one.

The bottom line is that we MUST, if we are ever to see prosperity return, reverse the lopsided economy we have built over the last thirty years, in which the richest 1% of the nation take more than a quarter of the total income, and in which corporate profits soar while wages stagnate or decline. That's what this protest is really all about, at bottom.

The list of demands I'm quoting from is what was issued by the Occupy Wall Street folks, Dragon. It's not what "I'm" talking about...it's what THEY are talking about and I take note that you've run from most of their positions. So if you don't support their positions...then why do you support their protest?

Nice try boopie.
The risky packaging and reselling of mortgages as securities was a result of the paper being bad to begin with.
This is a chicken/egg argument.
Without government interference in the real estate lending market NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED.
There were already anti red lining laws on the books in each state and on federal books as well. But to some people that wasn't good enough. It got to the point where a mortgage became an entitlement.
The government passed laws mandating banks lend to unqualified applicants but the government also gave lenders a few outs. One was the creation of fannie/freddie which guaranteed the loans in case of default. The others were SEC regulations that permitted loans to be sold over and over and to be packaged as investments.
The loans would never have had to be resold or packaged if they were good paper. They weren't. The laws that mandated loans go to people with weak credit also created this monster. Before this meddling by government, lenders kept mortgages for their term.

Van Jones is a pussy. He tries to play Maoist, but he's like Obama. Country club wanna be reds.

This is truly why you can't get a good old fashioned commie movement going in North America. The freaking wanna be's commie leaders like Van Jones and Obama all would rather be sipping strawberry daiquiris.

It's all lamo :lol:

So funny that you post this because I was making this very point to some friends today. The New Left Marxists have focused too narrowly and bet the house on parlaying PC and race with respect to their strategy of selecting these hollow beta-males to pitch their scripted rhetoric.

[shhhhhhhh.... been through this... that's BS. no one... no one... no one forced banks to disregard creditworthiness. they were just forced not to discriminate.

But that's what discrimination is. Determining who is actually credit worthy.

Which meant that if you were in a "protected" group, you got a loan that you probably wouldn't have gotten otherwise. So you had poor people essentially getting loans they never should have gotten.

Now, the reason the banks didn't push back on this was because when prices were shooting through the roof, it was a no-lose scenario. If the person defaulted, they could sell the foreclosed property for even more after collected a couple years of interest.

The chickens came home to roost when property prices plummeted and we ended up with a glut of houses on the market.

The banks deserve their share of the blame. So does the government for trying to rig the game. So do a lot of homeowners who were looking at houses as "investments" instead of "homes".

Forum List

Back