Ken Starr yesterday:

Ken Starr on the Sondland testimony: 'It's over'
November 20, 2019
Ken Starr, the former solicitor general who headed the investigation that led to the impeachment of former President Bill Clinton, called Wednesday's testimony by U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland "obviously ... one of those bombshell days."

Speaking on Fox News, Starr agreed with the hosts that things now do not "look good for the president substantively." Sondland's testimony, Starr said, confirmed that there was a quid pro quo between Trump's administration and the Ukrainian government — which would be "bribery," in the jargon of impeachment. Sondland also said that the orders to push Kyiv to open an investigation into Trump's political rivals had come directly from the Oval Office.

Starr focused specifically on the question of Trump's alleged contempt, noting that Sondland had spoken "vehemently and bitterly about his lack of access to records to help him." Additionally, the Democrats' line of questioning made clear that Sondland's attempts to refresh his memory for the testimony had been denied by the administration, which could build the Democrats' case for obstruction.

"There will be articles of impeachment," Starr said. "I think we've known that, it was just confirmed today. Substantively, what we heard from the chairman just now is: It's over. We now know — this is his position — we now know that the president in fact committed the crime of bribery."

***Ken Starr gets the late night call***

Ken Starr this morning:

Ken Starr on impeachment hearings so far: We're 'nowhere close' to impeachable offenses

:spinner:

Funny. Starr was on Laura tonight, and he didn't seem to hold that view at all.

How many years was this Starr investigation?
The Office of the Independent Counsel concluded its four-year-long investigation of the president soon after Clinton's grand jury testimony, and on September 9, 1998, delivered its report to the House Judiciary Committee.

Well, THAT'S over with.

depositphotos_64992771-stock-photo-beautiful-gift-box-with-a.jpg

The House has all they need for Articles of Impeachment.

How long will the folks here argue about it?

oh someone isn't allowed to defend themselves in your fked up brain? too funny. son, you're in the wrong country. go back to russia.
Of course, you are allowed to defend yourself. Defending yourself tough does NOT include the right to withhold evidence. You can't defend yourself by shooting a witness for instance either. There are limits on the right to defend yourself. Refusing to comply with a subpoena issued by the house is one of those.
it's not an official impeachment. he isn't obstructing shit.

Just heard on NBC. The FBI is going to interview the whistleblowner..lol
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Of course, because it's illegal to file false charges. They should send him the bill for all this and add our time, pain, and suffering to the millions who has to watch this farce and had our normal TV interupted. And they complain about waterboarding ..... oy!

They should determine if he had a legitimate need to know about the call, which was classified at the time. If not, the people he spoke to could be in a world of hurt.

I expect to hear from Hill again.

Well, THAT'S over with.

You do understand that Trump will not be removed from office?
We'll see if what he did matters to voters. If he isn't removed by the Senate, he might be removed at the ballot box.
But will he CHEAT AGAIN, like with what he did in the Ukraine, before the next election?

I believe all facts show that HE WILL.... that's why he should be removed now... because of election cheating imo....And using his office of power to do it.

Well, THAT'S over with.

We'll see if what he did matters to voters. If he isn't removed by the Senate, he might be removed at the ballot box.
But will he CHEAT AGAIN, like with what he did in the Ukraine, before the next election?

I believe all facts show that HE WILL.... that's why he should be removed now... because of election cheating imo....
I think he should be fired. I just don't expect that to happen.

Well, THAT'S over with.

I believe all facts show that HE WILL.... that's why he should be removed now... because of election cheating imo....
Agree, but that is one sad situation! :(

Of course, you are allowed to defend yourself. Defending yourself tough does NOT include the right to withhold evidence. You can't defend yourself by shooting a witness for instance either. There are limits on the right to defend yourself. Refusing to comply with a subpoena issued by the house is one of those.

Of course, because it's illegal to file false charges. They should send him the bill for all this and add our time, pain, and suffering to the millions who has to watch this farce and had our normal TV interupted. And they complain about waterboarding ..... oy!

They should determine if he had a legitimate need to know about the call, which was classified at the time. If not, the people he spoke to could be in a world of hurt.

Seth Rich and Epstein said the same damned thing.

We're supposed to only believe anti Trumpers.
No, you can also believe his hand picked stooge Sondland. And we can get Giuliani and pompeo under oath, so you can believe them, too. Sound good?
GOP says we are to believe that non-partisan, career civil servants who answered legal subpoenas from congress and testified under oath are all liars.

And Trump cowards who refuse to answer lawful subpoenas and refuse testify under oath (Pompeo, Bolton, Mulvaney, Giuliani) are all telling the truth.

It's another example of Red State Stupid.

It's a pity Trump went to a foreign national to get help for an investigation into Biden rather than go to his own DoJ. He wouldn't be getting impeached if he had.
If there's no dirt on the Biden's, then what are you guys so worried about? Let Hunter testify.
I couldn't care less about Biden. Investigate him for all I care.

But Trump is still not legally allowed to solicit a foreign national to do it for him.
I want my president to uncover and investigate corruption in other nations before he sends my tax dollars to them...what is it that you find troubling about that?....
Then you should have elected one who sought to have Ukraine fight against corruption rather than look into a 3 year old rumor.
Rumor? Biden, himself, admitted to it on video tape. It's out there for all to see.
Liar. Biden never admitted to corruption. He admitted to fighting corruption by getting a corrupt prosecutor fired.

Like I always say, if conservatives didn't lie , they'd have absolutely nothing to say.

Well, THAT'S over with.

Agree, but that is one sad situation! :(
Agreed.

You also realize that this other guy, Holmes, claim on the call he overheard (haha) with Sondland and Trump goes against what Sondland said, correct?

We're supposed to only believe anti Trumpers. Everyone else is lying.
LOLOL

You're literally calling a guy who gave Trump a million dollars, a "never trumper." :eusa_doh:

Do you see now why no one should trust anything cons say?

So Trump used the power of his office to extort a foreign leader for personal gain.
Yet, That Charge Crumbles Upon Cross Examination
With Every Witness Dem's Call

So Why Do You Keep Repeating
A Charge That Didn't Happen
You people are just stupid. Nearly every one who testified tie Trump to the quid pro quo.

THe Republicans have gone from no threat made, no quid pro quo, OK quid Pro Quo but it wasn't that bad.
Their defense is simply to just deny reality.

Seth Rich and Epstein said the same damned thing.

Can't remember who asked, think it was Nunez, but the question was, "have you ever spoke to to this guy or that guy in relation to Russia". I'm thinking all these witnesses have been prepped for action in the senate by republicans.

You also realize that this other guy, Holmes, claim on the call he overheard (haha) with Sondland and Trump goes against what Sondland said, correct?

We're supposed to only believe anti Trumpers. Everyone else is lying.
LOLOL

You're literally calling a guy who gave Trump a million dollars, a "never trumper." :eusa_doh:

Do you see now why no one should trust anything cons say?

I'm thinking he wasn't to only one. The money was for the job, not the guy.

Forum List

Back