Official 2009 World Series Thread

Lee is the right move...but it won't happen.

I heard that Lee doesn't want to risk his arm

Well I guess you can't blame him since he'd almost certainly be asked to go on short rest again on game 7.

We have a 9 mil club option on him for next year, so if he blew out his arm he'd get nothing.

I guess I don't blame him.

Still though, it's the fucking WORLD SERIES.

Last edited:
I hate that guys think of their wallets over their sport.

You might never get this chance again. You've already got millions.

Whatever.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
90 minutes to game time, time for talk is just about done, its all on the field now.

I watched the Giants game, NY's coaches have heads of stone but that is for another thread, there will be plenty of football to come, baseball is almost over now.

such fucking horse shit.

yanks haven't hit 1 guy this whole series, they hit arod 3 times and are gonna warn?

I'm pretty sure CC and Yankee pitching will get lee way even if they hit someone unless they can tell it was deliberate..but bullshit warning.

I hope the Yanks are up 10-0 and in the 8th inning they bring in robertson to drill a95 mph fastball right in the gap of rollins teeth

such fucking horse shit.

yanks haven't hit 1 guy this whole series, they hit arod 3 times and are gonna warn?

I'm pretty sure CC and Yankee pitching will get lee way even if they hit someone unless they can tell it was deliberate..but bullshit warning.

I hope the Yanks are up 10-0 and in the 8th inning they bring in robertson to drill a95 mph fastball right in the gap of rollins teeth

for sure.

Heart Ripping loss for the Phillies...I fucking love it!!!!!

This isn't the dodgers that lidge has closed out...Damon stealing third was amazing..so smart of him!

Mariano Rivera has record 5 outs on 13 pitches...how stupid is that?

nothing made me happier then watching Rollins hit a shitty broken bat pop up off Mo...

NY wins 7-4, after fighting off a nice philly comeback in the 8th, NY scores 3 with 2 out in the 9th off Brad Lidge to go up 3-1 in the world series.

A true clutch at bat for Damon, and Arod once again shows why he's the best player in teh game right now.

We got em right where we want 'em baby! :lol:

I wasn't even going to say anything but I have to give my analysis of the game and of the rest of the series.

First of all, Blanton did fine. Let's not bother second guessing that whole decision. He did no worse than Pettitte the other night. And CC certainly didn't shut us down, he was behind a lot of batters, and Utley ONCE AGAIN banged him.

I initially thought that Damon taking third didn't matter, because with 2 outs, if A-rod gets a hit, he's scoring regardless. But then after I thought about it, Lidge has that nasty slider that he likes to throw where it drops hard and sometimes bounces in front of the catcher. With Damon being on third, now Lidge can't take the chance and throw that pitch. Hats off to Damon for making that move. There's no real way of knowing if that's what helped get A-rod a hit or not, but it certainly didn't HURT.

Now, the rest of the series...

Full rested Lee against a short rested AJ. AJ was brilliant on regular rest, so I have no clue how he might pitch tonight. Maybe we get the win just on another stellar Lee outing.

Beyond that, we got full rest Pedro vs. short rest Pettitte. Full rest Pettitte wasn't that great, so I like our chances against him on short rest. And I know you guys are Pedro's daddy and all at the Yank, but you never know :)

And then game 7 would feature full rested Hamels (god help us) against ANOTHER short rested CC, who quite frankly guys, isn't exactly shutting us down.

Obviously these are practically insurmountable odds to overcome at this point, but you Yankee fans certainly don't forget '04. We don't give up no matter what the situation is. Sometimes I could almost swear we give up a lead on PURPOSE just because we LIKE to come from behind. We seem to play a lot better with our backs against the wall.

So like I said, we got you where we want you! :D

in closing, congrats on the win. And we'll just see what happens tonight!

:thup:

nothing made me happier then watching Rollins hit a shitty broken bat pop up off Mo...

I know Rollins said some stupid ass shit before the series started and all, but come on bro. Let's be cool about this.

I'm sure it kills you that you don't have the 27th trophy yet and all, but how bout we let bygones be bygones on the Rollins comment and keep this friendly.

If we somehow pull off a miracle I certainly won't be coming in here rubbing it in anyone's face.

In fact, it's good to see A-rod performing well without the juice. Shows he's a true great baseball player. "greatest" like Xeno said? I don't know. I think Pujols has that distinction, but whatever. This is the first time in his entire career that he's done SHIT in the postseason, so let's not be all over his nuts now...you know?

Anyway, take it light, boys. See you tonight @ 8pm EST.

Last edited:
I'm gonna disagree and say Blanton didn't pitch fine. He pitched to his ERA

Philadelphia IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
Blanton 6.0 5 4 4 2 7 0 6.00

6 ERA isn't good.

I will say he got himself out of a few jams...yanks could have pounded a lot more runs off him.

Firstly, Damon at bat was huge, probably the best at bat of the post season. Like you said taking third there means Lidge can't throw his slider cause it bounces too much and Arod teed off on a fastball.

You are right about one thing...Girardi is a fucking idiot for pitchign AJ today. He better hope we win. AJ pitches worse on the road then at home. And the bottom of the lineup is going to be

gardner
Molina
Burnett

Just fucking awful by Girardi....Lee should shut us down tonight.

Pettitte hasn't pitched on 3 days rest in over 3 years and CC will be going again on game 7 if needed.

I will disagree and say you aren't doing as well on CC as you think.

He gave up 3 runs last night and the third run should never have happened. once again Clueless Girardi let CC pitch to Utley when he had Marte ready to go who has been lights out. Just a stupid move by Joe.

I loved how Joba pitched even tho he gave up a bomb...he rushed the pitch and didn't locate it...but he was money otherwise.

I think the Yanks got this series...1 more fucking win please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know Rollins said some stupid ass shit before the series started and all, but come on bro. Let's be cool about this.

I'm sure it kills you that you don't have the 27th trophy yet and all, but how bout we let bygones be bygones on the Rollins comment and keep this friendly.

If we somehow pull off a miracle I certainly won't be coming in here rubbing it in anyone's face.

In fact, it's good to see A-rod performing well without the juice. Shows he's a true great baseball player. "greatest" like Xeno said? I don't know. I think Pujols has that distinction, but whatever. This is the first time in his entire career that he's done SHIT in the postseason, so let's not be all over his nuts now...you know?

Anyway, take it light, boys. See you tonight @ 8pm EST.

dude,

I actually like the Phillies...I love Werth and Utley and Victorino...but I despise Rollins...even prior to the stupid Leno statements.

Just seeing all the stupid shit he has said playing against the Mets...I think he is a cocky little prick and nothing is making me happier then seeing him struggle out of all people and do nothing.

Forum List

Back