Official 2010 Baseball Thread

The 4 runs after that play possibly wouldn't have scored.

Even though I'm the last guy on Earf who wants instant replay, the umpiring in baseball needs to improve somehow or another.

After the 'dropped' catch (which should have been the 2nd out), the walk to Maggs loaded the bases and the runs scored on a Cabrera HBP, then the 3 doubles. Though I agree that any change potentially changes everything (I sound like Obama), so I guess we'll never know.

I'm going to the game tomorrow. Will be waiting anxiously to see which Dontrelle shows up.

Agree about the umpiring.

Just got back from Comerica Park. Really, really good day.

Dontrelle pitched 6+ very strong shutout innings, Maggs got his 2,000th career hit and Austin Jackson continues to impress. For the Twins, Pavano pitched well, but the lack of offense has to be at least in part due to RG's decision to rest certain players. Mauer pinch hit in the 8th for Butera (can you tell I was keeping score?) but Zumaya struck him out on 3 straight pitches.

3-0 Tigers, and the Tigs take 2 of 3 to close to within 1.5 of the Twins in the Central.

Angels visit for 3 starting tomorrow. I'm taking the kids to the Sunday game.

Tigs take the opener against the Halos with an 8 run 4th, including Gerald Laird's first homer of the year, immediately followed by rookie Scott Sizemore's first big league home run, and capped by rookie Brendan Boesch's first big league homer - a Grand Slam.

Tigers players gave Sizemore the fake silent treatment after his round tripper - really funny.

Damon keeps the game close by throwing Matsui out at the plate in the 6th (WTF???), wins it with a solo walk off in the 9th and gets the Barbasol pie in the face during the post game interview. That's a trifecta.

Tigs 3-2 over the halos for their 4th straight W.

OK stat-a-holics...

Who has left the bases loaded more and hit into more DPs than the Twins so far?

They're killin' me!

I'd say the cubs, but then they'd actually have to get people on base to hit into the DPs.

Historically, Verlander has an ERA of well over 5 in April, and about 2.50 in May.

True to form, he's been pretty lousy this April.

But now it's May, and instantly he goes 9 1/3, giving up one run on 3 hits, with no BB and seven Ks, at one point retiring 23 straight. :clap2: Best pitching performance I've seen live since Clemens struck out 20 Tigers.

Tigs sweep the Halos, are now 16-10 and head into Minnesota 0.5 behind the Twinkies.

Historically, Verlander has an ERA of well over 5 in April, and about 2.50 in May.

True to form, he's been pretty lousy this April.

But now it's May, and instantly he goes 9 1/3, giving up one run on 3 hits, with no BB and seven Ks, at one point retiring 23 straight. :clap2: Best pitching performance I've seen live since Clemens struck out 20 Tigers.

Tigs sweep the Halos, are now 16-10 and head into Minnesota 0.5 behind the Twinkies.

9 1/3? Clearly having so much fun they couldn't drag him off the mound!

Not so tonight. Tigs waxed at Twins as Scherzer gets beat up early and often. Win streak ends at 5.

Forum List

Back