Official Impeachment Thread 2.0: House Judiciary Committee Hearings

What happen with required minority hearing?

Shouldn't it happen before Articles of Impeachments are issued?
What required minority hearing? Link to that requirement in the Rules, please.

Still playing dumb... nah, you're just a leftist hack.

House rule XI, clause 2.

Calling and questioning of witnesses (j)(1) Whenever a hearing is conducted by a committee on a measure or matter, the minority members of the committee shall be entitled, upon request to the chair by a majority of them before the completion of the hearing, to call witnesses selected by the minority to testify with respect to that measure or matter during at least one day of hearing thereon.

RULES of the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

Lots of heat, no light. Until there is a John Dean figure who gives testimony from inside the bunker...the Senate won’t care. I doubt they’ll care then either.
The GOP in the Senate are unpatriotic partisan hacks, which their votes will show and go down in history as such.
Oh fucking spare us the tiresome appeals to patriotism....You're as big a bore as Pelosi.
So from now on any Prez can get a foreign country to help him attack his political opponent?

Okay, thanks. I finally found the relevant rule. Who do the minority want to appear that have not been called?

O. Separate Day of Hearings with Minority Witnesses
At any committee hearing, a majority of the minority members are entitled by House rule XI clause 2(j)(1) to demand at least one separate day of hearings to allow witnesses selected by the minority to testify on the subject of the hearing. Under the rule, minority members must submit a request in writing to the chair before the end of the hearing.

Practice Note: In practice, the minority normally requests in advance of any hearing that its desired witnesses appear as part of the main hearing and negotiates the details with the majority. The right to a minority day of hearings is usually formally invoked only if the chair has refused to call the witnesses requested by the minority. If this minority right is invoked, the chair must schedule another day of hearings at which the witnesses requested by the minority must be invited to testify, but the chair retains the discretion to determine the timing of the hearing. The chair may also call witnesses at any such hearing.

Lots of heat, no light. Until there is a John Dean figure who gives testimony from inside the bunker...the Senate won’t care. I doubt they’ll care then either.
The GOP in the Senate are unpatriotic partisan hacks, which their votes will show and go down in history as such.
Oh fucking spare us the tiresome appeals to patriotism....You're as big a bore as Pelosi.
So from now on any Prez can get a foreign country to help him attack his political opponent?
Doubtful but it does open the door. One of the big disappointments I have with the DEM field is that there are no candidates talking about how their administration would be compliant with Congress.

I'm sure they've rationalized it as being best for the country if they stay in the driver's seat. The Democrats are partisan hacks, too. I cannot believe they are still using that clip of Trump asking Russia for Hillary's missing emails as "ammunition." Jesus.
So you're ok with any future Prez enlisting Russia to help them attack their political opponent?

"unpatriotic partisan hacks"

LOL...

That would be you left tards making up lies in the House...

Okay, thanks. I finally found the relevant rule. Who do the minority want to appear that have not been called?

O. Separate Day of Hearings with Minority Witnesses
At any committee hearing, a majority of the minority members are entitled by House rule XI clause 2(j)(1) to demand at least one separate day of hearings to allow witnesses selected by the minority to testify on the subject of the hearing. Under the rule, minority members must submit a request in writing to the chair before the end of the hearing.

Practice Note: In practice, the minority normally requests in advance of any hearing that its desired witnesses appear as part of the main hearing and negotiates the details with the majority. The right to a minority day of hearings is usually formally invoked only if the chair has refused to call the witnesses requested by the minority. If this minority right is invoked, the chair must schedule another day of hearings at which the witnesses requested by the minority must be invited to testify, but the chair retains the discretion to determine the timing of the hearing. The chair may also call witnesses at any such hearing.
You'd have to ask The Minority, but since their rights were violated, The Rules were Broken and Due Process was not followed, YOU and AMERICA do not get to hear from even a single witness The Minority Party wanted to Call.

This is Unprecedented, and is Unethical and Illegal. That is what you'd call a bureaucratic coup.

Irrelevant to your dreary and worn out faux appeal to patriotism.

And your "help him attack his political opponent" narrative is sheer speculation, if not outright bunk...Neither you nor the DNC/media hacks who've pumped that notion into your head are mind readers.

I'm sure they've rationalized it as being best for the country if they stay in the driver's seat. The Democrats are partisan hacks, too. I cannot believe they are still using that clip of Trump asking Russia for Hillary's missing emails as "ammunition." Jesus.
So you're ok with any future Prez enlisting Russia to help them attack their political opponent?
None of that has anything to do with the charges actually brought. Since such aid can't be proven did it even happen?

But to answer your question. If Russia can keep a democrat from being elected whatever they can do is welcome.

A hundred years from now, the only thing Americans will know about Donald J. Trump is that he was elected by Vladimir Putin and was impeached for trying to rig the 2020 election.

Be sure to remind us when we get there.

I hear the sound of people renting their clothes and stomping their feet and a great deal of whining. :lol:

It is music to my ears.

So these people no one else can see, are they here in the room with us?

Anyone with average intelligence that is watching this hearing can see that it's purely partisan and unfair.

It's only unfair insofar as the case is so solid against the president that there is no possible defense the Republicans can make.

"tell us when you're showing up, or we'll subpoena you to appear!" - Lissy The Sissy Graham should say to Hunter Biden!

OMG. Look at that disgusting Maxipad Waters and her swollen collagen lips.

Folks. Never trust a woman who wears wigs or who hides behind pantsuits.
OMG. Look at that disgusting Trump and his swollen ass and hips.

Folks. Never trust a man with the world's worst comb-over or who hides behind an inch of orange paint.

LOL....

How ridiculous he must look getting out of the shower.

Anyone with average intelligence that is watching this hearing can see that it's purely partisan and unfair.

It's only unfair insofar as the case is so solid against the president that there is no possible defense the Republicans can make.
Well, when you are not allowed to call any witnesses, it's a bit difficult to put up a defense, you corrupt cocksucker.

Well, when you are not allowed to call any witnesses, it's a bit difficult to put up a defense, you corrupt cocksucker.

What witness(es) would have "cleared it all up" for the president?

So solid a case that the only two charges in the flimsy-assed articles are the nebulous accusations of "obstruction" and "abuse of power".

You clowns don't have a popcorn fart.

What witness(es) would have "cleared it all up" for the president?
That isn't the point. The point is in an open and FAIR hearing both prosecution and defense are allowed to call witnesses. The Democrat chairman isn't allowing the minority to call witnesses. Both hearing Democrat chairmen did this. You call that fair?

Forum List

Back