[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

"People who gossip and trade insults and really engage in hatred fear others are the same -- so in assuming everyone thinks like they do they see threats around every corner, or in every script."
Your honor, the prosecution wishes to introduce into evidence exhibit 1-c: Ernie

Ravi why do you disable scripts? Whats your reasoning?

I can't speak for Ravi, but scripts are a security flaw on my machines. I don't want any executable code on my network that I haven't sent through the rigors of testing. Some of the nastiest malware out there is script driven. Click highjacks, redirectors, homepage hacks. the infamous ASK toolbar virus, all script driven.
I've never disabled scripts on any of my machines since the dawn of the internet and haven't run into any security and/or malware issues ever. What are doing that .EXE's are trying to run on your machine?
same here & I don't have an M.S in Computer Science either. Add to that the fact that I've also been to some, might be termed "racey" :banana: sites. The thing is, I will not click on a hyperlink from an unknown source UNLESS it says something like "Sarah Palin nudie pic" :p

Seriously though, never got a virus anywhere on the interwebz. Just using common sense & not clicking on things that you are unsure of the source.

Amiright?.
it's common fucking sense. Just like the people who believed that iOS 8 enabled you to charge your iPhone in the microwave (true story) and blew up their iPhones, people that get infected pretty much deserve it for being idiotic. In cases like Uncensored I get that. He's protecting himself from the legions of dumbasses who are clueless

I can't speak for Ravi, but scripts are a security flaw on my machines. I don't want any executable code on my network that I haven't sent through the rigors of testing. Some of the nastiest malware out there is script driven. Click highjacks, redirectors, homepage hacks. the infamous ASK toolbar virus, all script driven.
I've never disabled scripts on any of my machines since the dawn of the internet and haven't run into any security and/or malware issues ever. What are doing that .EXE's are trying to run on your machine?
same here & I don't have an M.S in Computer Science either. Add to that the fact that I've also been to some, might be termed "racey" :banana: sites. The thing is, I will not click on a hyperlink from an unknown source UNLESS it says something like "Sarah Palin nudie pic" :p

Seriously though, never got a virus anywhere on the interwebz. Just using common sense & not clicking on things that you are unsure of the source.

Amiright?.
it's common fucking sense. Just like the people who believed that iOS 8 enabled you to charge your iPhone in the microwave (true story) and blew up their iPhones, people that get infected pretty much deserve it for being idiotic. In cases like Uncensored I get that. He's protecting himself from the legions of dumbasses who are clueless
"iOS 8" story

Too funny

Nor do I.

OH that pipelight I recommended a while ago... I would wait on it for now. From what I hear, Netflicks does run flawlessly on it, but it locked up my X session on the county website. It did run the site as well as windoze, but I couldn't close the tab or even bring up a console to kill it.
I went to a virtual terminal and killed the plug-in. No help. I killed firefox. No help. I finally had to reboot from the VT.

Shame it doesn't work well on Firefox.
Change browsers then. Chrome, Safari, IE, Opera are all great browsers
I refuse to use Chrome. It's bad enough google grabs up everything I do with my Android. I don't need to be giving it free reign on my laptop too.
Even though I totally agree, I am on Chrome right now because this site seems to run faster than on FF.
I have no speed problems on FF. Of course, I'm not using Windblows.

Amiright?.
You should run Malwarebytes just in case, and regularly. I bet it finds something. Maybe not a virus, but there are insidious threats out there, hidden in .jpg photos, web advertising, etc. The chance of you staying completely unaffected are rather small.

I just noticed a change, but then again, maybe it happened two weeks ago, but I was just not aware.

I just put someone on ignore about 12 hours ago.

Now, I cannot see his posts at all and if someone quotes him, I can't see that, either.

Example:

ignore member changes II.png

Posts 38, 39 and 40 don't even show up. This is wonderful.

Thank you, @cereal_killer

:cool:

Sorry to do this here, but seeing as though we currently don't have a mobile/lite version I'm not sure if I, as a mobile device user, can change the appearence of the font that I use, in terms of size/colour/Italicizing etc.

TEST#1: BOLD
TEST#2: ITALICS
TEST#3: UNDERSCORE
TEST#4: [size=large]SIZE[/size]

^ Okay! I can see that three effects were created using basic computer language. Unfortunately, my favourite "Large Font" didn't, though... Anyone know if it is possible to make font size bigger manually, because I don't think us Droid/smarphone users can do it by the highlighting method all you desktop users use by clicking your PC's mouse over words...

Thanks.

^ Okay! I can see that three effects were created using basic computer language. Unfortunately, my favourite "Large Font" didn't, though... Anyone know if it is possible to make font size bigger manually, because I don't think us Droid/smarphone users can do it by the highlighting method all you desktop users use by clicking your PC's mouse over words...

Thanks.
Use a number instead of "large" size=7 size=5

Last edited:

Forum List

Back