[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

^ Didn't your computer see my Size 7 font, then?! I used Size seven to type the final few words and they show on my Droid as LARGE, but from your response I'm thinking that maybe you didn't see them as so. What did you see, then?! a lot of &&&s, or something...?

Why don't we have a simpler mobile/lite version to post, too?! My Droid sucks on here...

^ Awesome! It never occurred to me to try doing that, dude!!!

Many, many thanks — or should that be: MANY, MANY THANKS!
^ Didn't your computer see my Size 7 font, then?! I used Size seven to type the final few words and they show on my Droid as LARGE, but from your response I'm thinking that maybe you didn't see them as so. What did you see, then?! a lot of &&&s, or something...?

Why don't we have a simpler mobile/lite version to post, too?! My Droid sucks on here...
The first time I saw that post, the font was normal size. I looked at the BB code and you had [size=&] it looked like you hit shift+7.
In my reply, I changed the ampersand to a seven and the large font showed up. I just checked that post again. It appears that either you made the same change as I did, or my editing screwed up something.

@cereal_killer

Could you check on this thread later and make sure DIRECTOR did in fact edit his post?

Hmmm we couldn't do real small font before. Let's try size=1
Sure we could! This is from 2011:

Tea Party Plummeting Page 2 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Post#? I didn't see small font at your link.
Seriously?

Then I'll quote it for you:

I need my hand held. Show me exactly where any poll puts teabaggers' approval ratings higher than President Obama (peace be unto him).

^ Awesome! It never occurred to me to try doing that, dude!!!

Many, many thanks — or should that be: MANY, MANY THANKS!

The first time I saw that post, the font was normal size. I looked at the BB code and you had [size=&] it looked like you hit shift+7.
In my reply, I changed the ampersand to a seven and the large font showed up. I just checked that post again. It appears that either you made the same change as I did, or my editing screwed up something.

@cereal_killer

Could you check on this thread later and make sure DIRECTOR did in fact edit his post?

I think the problem stems from us all using different Browsers now, dude. Forum owners need to make technical adjustments standing from as many different vantage lpints as possible: ONE MAJOR HEADACHE FOR THEM!!! I won't be losing any sleep over such things, I'm happy that, at least, I can now do bold/Italics/underscore and even large font size.
...Maybe I'll start that special Hotbird Satellite thread I promised my friends on the Conspiracy section, now...

Hope we speak soon, dude. Thanks for caring, too. You've been cool.

...I'm still non-the-wiser as to whether we have a lite/mobile version here, though! :(

Hmmm we couldn't do real small font before. Let's try size=1
Sure we could! This is from 2011:

Tea Party Plummeting Page 2 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Post#? I didn't see small font at your link.
Seriously?

Then I'll quote it for you:

I need my hand held. Show me exactly where any poll puts teabaggers' approval ratings higher than President Obama (peace be unto him).
OK I missed it.

I can't navigate the site. It takes 10 minutes to load after I sign in, and anywhere from 3-10 when I try to move to new pages. I can't load my alerts at all. It took me about 10 tries and probably an hour total time to read a message I had in my in box yesterday.
Maybe they put you in the miserable user status that ck was talking about when he first notified us of the upcoming change. That would make all those things happen to you.
I wouldn't know, my limited navigation capability means that I can't find that post to read it.

One thing for sure...the murder of the site continues apace! Let me see if I have this right...posters who are perceived as annoying are penalized for violating the rules...after their ability to read the rules is hampered. Sounds about par for the course.
Here you go:

We will have at our disposal a very powerful 'tool' called 'discouraged user' usergroup. Members control if they end up in there or not.

Moderating will be automated. Mods just have to click a button and the software will do the work :)

I'm sure you have a link for your quote, Ravi.

It's right there with the quote.....just click on the arrow next to CK's name.

Personally I'm more interested in finding out if there's a way to fix up some of the interminably long quotes.

@cereal_killer

Yeah - clean them up as you go.

I'm doing it manually right now. It's a bit of work, but not too bad. Still, it's reading the posts of other posters and their long nested quotes that have me scrolling more than reading.
Just start highlighting the quote from the second person on the quote queue, and keep highlighting till you get to the last [ /quote] right before the first person in the quote queue's comment.

I wish you people would quit whining about such minor things!

The admins and moderators have done a fantastic job with this software and I, for one, appreciate it. I look forward to coming here every day as it's, by far, better than any of the other forums I habituate.

:bow2: :beer:
I don't see it as whining. I just want to know how I can can make something work. There doesn't seem to be any documentation on the software. I agree the admins and moderators have done a good job. The software may have some bugs in it but it's better than what we had. My only problem has been figuring out the features and how to use them. I think most of the problems people have is caused by just not knowing how to use the software.

This used to work with the old software, if you have a question, start a thread in the Announcements and Feedback, usually, someone will respond. If they don't tag one of the Mods. There are plenty of people here who have already figured out whatever someone else is having a problem with and they are eager to help....that's what I've found.

Anyway to see how many posts/person in a given thread? For instance if I posted 6-times & say.....Ibentoken posted say.....56-times?

We could do that before by clicking the sub-forum link, "Politics" for example, then clicking on the number of replies, on the right of the screen, that was a hyperlink. A seperate box would pop-up & one could see who replied to the thread and how many times each.

Do a search, upper right hand corner (in whatever thread you are trying to find out the number) using the Username of the person who's number of posts you are interested in knowing, then check the "this thread only" box and click on search. It will give you all the posts that person has made in that thread.

Anyway to see how many posts/person in a given thread? For instance if I posted 6-times & say.....Ibentoken posted say.....56-times?

We could do that before by clicking the sub-forum link, "Politics" for example, then clicking on the number of replies, on the right of the screen, that was a hyperlink. A seperate box would pop-up & one could see who replied to the thread and how many times each.

Do a search, upper right hand corner (in whatever thread you are trying to find out the number) using the Username of the person who's number of posts you are interested in knowing, then check the "this thread only" box and click on search. It will give you all the posts that person has made in that thread.
43 for you on this thread, Tex.

My computer showed your Many thanks as big size 7......don't know why Ernie said he fixed it for you.....he can't edit your post.

And, you've got all of 2......you're not going to win the "Most posts of the month award" with your wimpy contribution....now start typing.....:cheeky-smiley-018:

And, you've got all of 2......you're not going to win the "Most posts of the month award" with your wimpy contribution....now start typing.....:cheeky-smiley-018:
:funnyface: :oops-28: :scared1:

Forum List

Back