[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

btw, Mertex, I added a line in the last post of yours I quoted just to see if it changed your original post.

Yep....I saw that....I do like peanut butter.....:D

The problem was that Ernie changed his while I was messing with it.......I think he did it on purpose to get me all panicked, and it worked......:meow:

OK - this is confusing: Mine is the last post in the thread (#1702), and comes right after Mertex (#1701) - note the post numbers - but I'm on Page 17 and it says there is a page 18 with 1 more post. If I go to Page 18, that one more post is #1702.

On top of that, it says "go to first unread", but there are no unread posts - I've alread read mine.
4i6Ckte.gif

PlbUd2L.png

OK - this is confusing: Mine is the last post in the thread (#1702), and comes right after Mertex (#1701) - note the post numbers - but I'm on Page 17 and it says there is a page 18 with 1 more post. If I go to Page 18, that one more post is #1702

PlbUd2L.png

Whenever you respond to a post, it will position your response at the bottom of that page, but it has the correct number.....when you go to the end, you will see that your post is also there, but it will no longer be at the page where you responded. I guess so that you don't have to scroll back to the post that you responded to, if you want to continue looking at the other posts.

With the old software, it would immediately take your response to the last page, then you had to hit the arrow by the user name to return to the place where you responded....it's the same thing, except now you don't have to go far, you just scroll back up to the post you responded to.

I wish we had gone to IP.Board. At least I could have been more help.

I worked for IPS as tech support back in the day and fielded usability questions & made guides quite frequently.

Xenforo is just... odd.

I worked for IPS as tech support back in the day and fielded usability questions & made guides quite frequently.

Xenforo is just... odd.

I know.....sometimes I don't understand the way it works. I'll be responding to someone, go to the internet to grab a link, come back and have to search for my response. I'll go to the bottom, where the response block is, and instead of what I have been typing, there is a blank box. I then have to hit either the previous page arrow to get my response, because if I hit the more options, it takes me yet to another blank page. I eventually find my response, but I didn't have to go through all that with the previous software....when I left it to go to the internet, when I worked my way back, it always took me right back to my response. Oh, well.....:(

Xenforo is just... odd.

I know.....sometimes I don't understand the way it works. I'll be responding to someone, go to the internet to grab a link, come back and have to search for my response. I'll go to the bottom, where the response block is, and instead of what I have been typing, there is a blank box. I then have to hit either the previous page arrow to get my response, because if I hit the more options, it takes me yet to another blank page. I eventually find my response, but I didn't have to go through all that with the previous software....when I left it to go to the internet, when I worked my way back, it always took me right back to my response. Oh, well.....:(
Simply go to your profile page to find you postings (and threads).

Xenforo is just... odd.

Er, that's not what we were talking about.

Xenforo is just... odd.

Er, that's not what we were talking about.
Ok?

OK - this is confusing: Mine is the last post in the thread (#1702), and comes right after Mertex (#1701) - note the post numbers - but I'm on Page 17 and it says there is a page 18 with 1 more post. If I go to Page 18, that one more post is #1702.

On top of that, it says "go to first unread", but there are no unread posts - I've alread read mine.
4i6Ckte.gif

PlbUd2L.png
That confuses me too. What I do in that case, is click on page 17 and read the posts after the one I replied to. It bugs me, but I'll live with it.

How come the link works for you and me, but not for House?

I don't see a post by regent either. Maybe we have more/less pages on our configuration than you? The link also takes me to the top of the page and a post by PC.

I didn't tweak my posts per page, if that helps.

I didn't either.....but the page the link takes me, there is no post by anyone named regent.

I counted 16 posts to every one of my pages.

If I had the post # it might help me find it after I go to the place where his link takes me.

Forum List

Back