[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

^ Awesome! It never occurred to me to try doing that, dude!!!

Many, many thanks — or should that be: MANY, MANY THANKS!
^ Didn't your computer see my Size 7 font, then?! I used Size seven to type the final few words and they show on my Droid as LARGE, but from your response I'm thinking that maybe you didn't see them as so. What did you see, then?! a lot of &&&s, or something...?

Why don't we have a simpler mobile/lite version to post, too?! My Droid sucks on here...
The first time I saw that post, the font was normal size. I looked at the BB code and you had [size=&] it looked like you hit shift+7.
In my reply, I changed the ampersand to a seven and the large font showed up. I just checked that post again. It appears that either you made the same change as I did, or my editing screwed up something.

@cereal_killer

Could you check on this thread later and make sure DIRECTOR did in fact edit his post?

Oh, I'm sure CK will put that at the top of his to-do list, set his calender to remind himself every, what, you think every hour would be appropriate, or is that too long a time period for you? There can't be anything in this world more important to him than confirming the DIRECTOR played around with his.....Font until it's size was acceptable. My goodness.

^ Didn't your computer see my Size 7 font, then?! I used Size seven to type the final few words and they show on my Droid as LARGE, but from your response I'm thinking that maybe you didn't see them as so. What did you see, then?! a lot of &&&s, or something...?

My computer showed your Many thanks as big size 7......don't know why Ernie said he fixed it for you.....he can't edit your post.
I edited the code in his post. When I read the post, the "many many many" was in normal font size. I clicked reply and opened the BB code editor and changed the ampersand to a seven in his post. When I clicked reply, his quote within my post had the desired large font. I did not go back to check the original post. NOW, his original post has the large font and the code shows [*SIZE=7] instead of the original [*size=&]
[*SIZE=7]
THAT is what causes me concern. If Director did not edit his post from & to 7, did I?

Interesting! the software added a size closer that I didn't want Had to remove it manually.

Asterisks added because software insisted on closing valid codes.

Last edited:

My computer showed your Many thanks as big size 7......don't know why Ernie said he fixed it for you.....he can't edit your post.
I edited the code in his post. When I read the post, the "many many many" was in normal font size. I clicked reply and opened the BB code editor and changed the ampersand to a seven in his post. When I clicked reply, his quote within my post had the desired large font. I did not go back to check the original post. NOW, his original post has the large font and the code shows instead of the original [size=&] <<<<<

THAT is what causes me concern. If Director did not edit his post from & to 7, did I?

No, you couldn't.....if you only changed the one in your quote, it shouldn't change his. Maybe we should try it....that would be bad, some people would be changing what we say willy nilly..........:eek:

I'm going to change your post (the big letters to small ones, in this quote, and see if they change in your original post.)

Oh, shit......it looks like your original post did change......we need to tell CK.

^ Awesome! It never occurred to me to try doing that, dude!!!

Many, many thanks — or should that be: MANY, MANY THANKS!

Why don't we have a simpler mobile/lite version to post, too?! My Droid sucks on here...
The first time I saw that post, the font was normal size. I looked at the BB code and you had [size=&] it looked like you hit shift+7.
In my reply, I changed the ampersand to a seven and the large font showed up. I just checked that post again. It appears that either you made the same change as I did, or my editing screwed up something.

@cereal_killer

Could you check on this thread later and make sure DIRECTOR did in fact edit his post?

Oh, I'm sure CK will put that at the top of his to-do list, set his calender to remind himself every, what, you think every hour would be appropriate, or is that too long a time period for you? There can't be anything in this world more important to him than confirming the DIRECTOR played around with his.....Font until it's size was acceptable. My goodness.
You don't understand my concern. I have no problem with anyone editing their own posts. I have a problem with anyone having the ability to edit someone else's

@cereal_killer

We just noticed that when a person alters someone's comments, when they quote them, it also alters the person's original post. Now I just changed the type size, but I am wondering if it changes the words, too?

Ernie had typed some things in bold size "7" type, and I quoted him. In my quote, I changed his size "7" comment to a "size 2" - it didn't seem to change his to size 2, but it definitely took the bold out and made it smaller. And, I only changed like 3 or 4 words, but it looks like all of his size "7" comments dropped in size.

I hope I'm wrong.

@cereal_killer

We just noticed that when a person alters someone's comments, when they quote them, it also alters the person's original post. Now I just changed the type size, but I am wondering if it changes the words, too?

Ernie had typed some things in bold size "7" type, and I quoted him. In my quote, I changed his size "7" comment to a "size 2" - it didn't seem to change his to size 2, but it definitely took the bold out and made it smaller. And, I only changed like 3 or 4 words, but it looks like all of his size "7" comments dropped in size.

I hope I'm wrong.

I enjoy eating peanut butter.
Methinks you missed something.

@cereal_killer

I hope I'm wrong.
see post 1690

@cereal_killer

I hope I'm wrong.

I enjoy eating peanut butter.
Methinks you missed something.

Yep, Ernie claims he changed his post about the time I was messing with it. Damn it, .....why you do dat dimmie?

@cereal_killer Never Mind false alarm. Sorry if we woke you up.

Forum List

Back