[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

Your network with 500 machines and a bunch of users I get. You need to protect your network from idiots who literally have no clue wth they are doing when out on the net.

It's a bit of an inconvenience at times but I'm glad my ChromeBook doesn't know how to run .exe's. But I imagine there's something else lurking for Chromebooks out there!

Privacy. And on here the forum runs buggy if I enable them.
Privacy? You do realize that you need a few more programs to make sure you have 'privacy' right? Right now you've only dimmed the lights and everyone can still see you.

I'm using FF today and so far I haven't noticed any problems. I can go to first unread post without an issue. Are you touching the mouse (scrolling) before the page loads?

It's a bit of an inconvenience at times but I'm glad my ChromeBook doesn't know how to run .exe's. But I imagine there's something else lurking for Chromebooks out there!
Dude you should never be running .exe's in the first place EXCEPT in obvious circumstances

Privacy. And on here the forum runs buggy if I enable them.
Privacy? You do realize that you need a few more programs to make sure you have 'privacy' right? Right now you've only dimmed the lights and everyone can still see you.

I'm using FF today and so far I haven't noticed any problems. I can go to first unread post without an issue. Are you touching the mouse (scrolling) before the page loads?
No, I'm not. And to be honest I have the same problem on my ipad with jiggly pages. I can't fix it there since FF doesn't run on ipad. So I run it with the naked browser.

No, I'm not. And to be honest I have the same problem on my ipad with jiggly pages. I can't fix it there since FF doesn't run on ipad. So I run it with the naked browser.
Ok I just loaded up 5 threads that I participated in on the iPad and they all went to the first unread. Example below. It should pull up correctly if you don't touch it. Depending on your Wi-Fi speeds it may take a moment to fully load. What are jiggly pages?

ipad-demo.jpg

Shame it doesn't work well on Firefox.
Change browsers then. Chrome, Safari, IE, Opera are all great browsers
I refuse to use Chrome. It's bad enough google grabs up everything I do with my Android. I don't need to be giving it free reign on my laptop too.
Ernie you've already let Google into your virtual home, you're just shutting them out of your spare closet ;)
We'd all be shocked to learn just how much data there is out there on all of us.

I'm well aware of that, but that doesn't mean I surrender to it and accept even more intrusion.

Malicious scripts are the main reason that I rarely if ever use a Microsoft product. This laptop is a dual boot with W 8.1 and Kubuntu Linux. I ran the 8.1 just about long enough to d'load and burn a Linux dvd and then research how to get around the crap manufacturers are forced (by Microsoft) to put on their machines. They call it "Secure Boot" but in essence, it is a lock so that you can't run any OS but Windows.

So there is about an hour and a half on the Win 8.1 OS. At this point, there is only one reason I would boot to windoze and that is to view a county website that uses silverlight to run it's plat maps.

Ok I just loaded up 5 threads that I participated in on the iPad and they all went to the first unread. Example below. It should pull up correctly if you don't touch it. Depending on your Wi-Fi speeds it may take a moment to fully load. What are jiggly pages?

ipad-demo.jpg
Going to posts already read. Landing at the bottom of a post not read.

ipad-demo.jpg
Going to posts already read. Landing at the bottom of a post not read.
And when I just posted that I landed at the very bottom of the page.

Ravi why do you disable scripts? Whats your reasoning?

I can't speak for Ravi, but scripts are a security flaw on my machines. I don't want any executable code on my network that I haven't sent through the rigors of testing. Some of the nastiest malware out there is script driven. Click highjacks, redirectors, homepage hacks. the infamous ASK toolbar virus, all script driven.
I've never disabled scripts on any of my machines since the dawn of the internet and haven't run into any security and/or malware issues ever. What are doing that .EXE's are trying to run on your machine?
same here & I don't have an M.S in Computer Science either. Add to that the fact that I've also been to some, might be termed "racey" :banana: sites. The thing is, I will not click on a hyperlink from an unknown source UNLESS it says something like "Sarah Palin nudie pic" :p

Seriously though, never got a virus anywhere on the interwebz. Just using common sense & not clicking on things that you are unsure of the source.

Amiright?.

Shame it doesn't work well on Firefox.
Change browsers then. Chrome, Safari, IE, Opera are all great browsers
I refuse to use Chrome. It's bad enough google grabs up everything I do with my Android. I don't need to be giving it free reign on my laptop too.
Ernie you've already let Google into your virtual home, you're just shutting them out of your spare closet ;)
We'd all be shocked to learn just how much data there is out there on all of us.

I'm well aware of that, but that doesn't mean I surrender to it and accept even more intrusion.

Malicious scripts are the main reason that I rarely if ever use a Microsoft product. This laptop is a dual boot with W 8.1 and Kubuntu Linux. I ran the 8.1 just about long enough to d'load and burn a Linux dvd and then research how to get around the crap manufacturers are forced (by Microsoft) to put on their machines. They call it "Secure Boot" but in essence, it is a lock so that you can't run any OS but Windows.

So there is about an hour and a half on the Win 8.1 OS. At this point, there is only one reason I would boot to windoze and that is to view a county website that uses silverlight to run it's plat maps.
Good gawd, as if people here have data Google could actually use

LOL

I try not to use all products from any one company on the principle that they are all trying to control access to the web -- back to the future where the browser is a portal to all things on the web and internet. re: AOL?

Ravi why do you disable scripts? Whats your reasoning?

I can't speak for Ravi, but scripts are a security flaw on my machines. I don't want any executable code on my network that I haven't sent through the rigors of testing. Some of the nastiest malware out there is script driven. Click highjacks, redirectors, homepage hacks. the infamous ASK toolbar virus, all script driven.
I've never disabled scripts on any of my machines since the dawn of the internet and haven't run into any security and/or malware issues ever. What are doing that .EXE's are trying to run on your machine?
same here & I don't have an M.S in Computer Science either. Add to that the fact that I've also been to some, might be termed "racey" :banana: sites. The thing is, I will not click on a hyperlink from an unknown source UNLESS it says something like "Sarah Palin nudie pic" :p

Seriously though, never got a virus anywhere on the interwebz. Just using common sense & not clicking on things that you are unsure of the source.

Amiright?.
B-I-N-G-O!

Forum List

Back