Official State of the Union Thread

Democrats, unlike their uber-partisan and unAmerican counterparts on the right, are able to clap, and clap wholeheartedly for things the President with another letter behind his name than is behind their names.

So much so that even ze Trumpenfuher himself had to exclaim, "You weren't supposed to clap!"

You know why? Because they love America more than they love their party.

Yes, and they show their love for us every single day they fight the wall. Speaking of which......

Trump said we need to put Coyotes, drug smugglers and human traffickers out of business. Republicans stood up and applauded while Democrats just sat there. Gee, I wonder which side they are on? I guess my signature pretty much spells it out.

And what was Nancy doing with those big cards anyway? Looked like the bimbo was at a Bingo game for senior citizens. Did they have pictures for her to understand what was going on?
Most drugs come in at checkpoints inside legal items.

Everyone knows that.

Daily Kos isn't 'everyone.'

Trump Wrong About Wall Effect in El Paso - FactCheck.org

ill-Presidente Double and Triple Lied about El Paso Crime and a Wall.

1. El Paso was Never of the most dangerous cities.. it was Below average in crime incidence.
2. The Wall didn't help. - Crime dropped 15 Years before it. it was built in 2008
3. The Wall has had virtually No effect on Crime.

el-paso-violent-crime-rate.jpg

`

ALL crimes do not reflect the effect.. And that's where fact checkers can spin the truth.. Using the SAME FBI Data, the New York Post came to these facts...

https://nypost.com/2018/01/13/we-already-have-a-border-wall-and-it-works/

In fact, the number of deportable illegal immigrants located by the US Border Patrol plummeted by more than 89 percent over the five-year period during which the controversial new fence was built, according to Homeland Security data I reviewed. When the project first started in 2006, illegal crossings totaled 122,261, but by 2010, when the 131-mile fence was completed from one end of El Paso out into the New Mexico desert, immigrant crossings shrank to just 12,251.

Federal data illustrates just how remarkable the turnaround in crime has been since the fence was built. According to FBI tables, property crimes in El Paso have plunged more than 37 percent to 12,357 from their pre-fence peak of 19,702 a year, while violent crimes have dropped more than 6 percent to 2,682 from a peak of 2,861 a year.

The year before the wall was fully built in 2010, the volume of illegal drugs confiscated by the feds along the El Paso border hit 87,725 pounds. The year after, the amount of drug seizures plummeted to 43,783 pounds. Last year, they dropped even further to a total of 34,329, according to Border Patrol reports obtained by The Post.

Before 2010, federal data show the border city was mired in violent crime and drug smuggling, thanks in large part to illicit activities spilling over from the Mexican side. Once the fence went up, however, things changed almost overnight. El Paso since then has consistently topped rankings for cities of 500,000 residents or more with low crime rates, based on FBI-collected statistics. The turnaround even caught the attention of former Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and other Obama administration officials, who touted it as one of the nation’s safest cities while citing the beefed-up border security there.

Moral of this story is -- if you want to just slap a "fact-checker" chart up and claim victory, you better THINK about what data they are presenting. Because drug traffic and VIOLENT crime or property crime COULD STILL BE A PROBLEM when the phony fact - checkers bury all that in "general overall crime" rate numbers..

NO individual statistical scuffle is ever settled by tossing up a chart and considering something fact-checked... Need the definitions and dimension of the EXACT data being used..

This factoid struggle is also affected by whether the FBI Uniform Crime Statistics INCLUDE ALL the enforcement of CBP and ICE in that area and whether THEIR reports are fully merged into the UCS database... Not primarily the local, county, state reporting...

No quick wins with statistics --- EVER..

To be honest, I wouldn't even have watched the SOTU except that my father came over to watch it. But I'm sure glad I did!!! Trump avoided mistakes he has made in the past and made an epic speech very reminiscent of the kind of speeches Ronald Reagan used to make. His use of the guests was extremely skillful. Also, he even got the Democrats clapping and cheering when he said there were more women in Congress than ever before. The whole speech was masterful.
It was a master dud.

Not to mention chuck-full of lies, but that's par for the coarse w/this lying bastard we have in Office.

No, the liar in chief was the last prick. You don’t like what the new guy has to say but he hit a home run tonight. Tough shit lib.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you know that? If they come over the fence, under the fence, around the fence and aren't caught,
how can you quantify that?
You should say that most drugs are confiscated at the checkpoints.
Don't be silly.

There's a factual number of the TOTAL drugs in possession, correct?

That means there's a hard and factual number of the amount that came in the way he said they did.

That's how you can know.

Anything else, on your part, is speculation.

Yep, it's known, 60% of drugs come in between the ports of entry. That's according to DHS.

Trump Wrong About Wall Effect in El Paso - FactCheck.org

ill-Presidente Double and Triple Lied about El Paso Crime and a Wall.

1. El Paso was Never of the most dangerous cities.. it was Below average in crime incidence.
2. The Wall didn't help. - Crime dropped 15 Years before it. it was built in 2008
3. The Wall has had virtually No effect on Crime.

el-paso-violent-crime-rate.jpg

`

ALL crimes do not reflect the effect.. And that's where fact checkers can spin the truth.. Using the SAME FBI Data, the New York came to these facts...

https://nypost.com/2018/01/13/we-already-have-a-border-wall-and-it-works/

In fact, the number of deportable illegal immigrants located by the US Border Patrol plummeted by more than 89 percent over the five-year period during which the controversial new fence was built, according to Homeland Security data I reviewed. When the project first started in 2006, illegal crossings totaled 122,261, but by 2010, when the 131-mile fence was completed from one end of El Paso out into the New Mexico desert, immigrant crossings shrank to just 12,251.

Federal data illustrates just how remarkable the turnaround in crime has been since the fence was built. According to FBI tables, property crimes in El Paso have plunged more than 37 percent to 12,357 from their pre-fence peak of 19,702 a year, while violent crimes have dropped more than 6 percent to 2,682 from a peak of 2,861 a year.

The year before the wall was fully built in 2010, the volume of illegal drugs confiscated by the feds along the El Paso border hit 87,725 pounds. The year after, the amount of drug seizures plummeted to 43,783 pounds. Last year, they dropped even further to a total of 34,329, according to Border Patrol reports obtained by The Post.

Before 2010, federal data show the border city was mired in violent crime and drug smuggling, thanks in large part to illicit activities spilling over from the Mexican side. Once the fence went up, however, things changed almost overnight. El Paso since then has consistently topped rankings for cities of 500,000 residents or more with low crime rates, based on FBI-collected statistics. The turnaround even caught the attention of former Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and other Obama administration officials, who touted it as one of the nation’s safest cities while citing the beefed-up border security there.

Moral of this story is -- if you want to just slap a "fact-checker" chart up and claim victory, you better THINK about what data they are presenting. Because drug traffic and VIOLENT crime or property crime COULD STILL BE A PROBLEM when the phony fact - checkers bury all that in "general overall crime" rate numbers..

NO individual statistical scuffle is ever settled by tossing up a chart and considering something fact-checked... Need the definitions and dimension of the EXACT data being used..

Statistics is a way of manipulating a set of a factual population of data. I does not prove anything.

Yes, and they show their love for us every single day they fight the wall. Speaking of which......

Trump said we need to put Coyotes, drug smugglers and human traffickers out of business. Republicans stood up and applauded while Democrats just sat there. Gee, I wonder which side they are on? I guess my signature pretty much spells it out.

And what was Nancy doing with those big cards anyway? Looked like the bimbo was at a Bingo game for senior citizens. Did they have pictures for her to understand what was going on?
Most drugs come in at checkpoints inside legal items.

Everyone knows that.
How do you know that? If they come over the fence, under the fence, around the fence and aren't caught,
how can you quantify that?
You should say that most drugs are confiscated at the checkpoints.

Let's visualize this together:

"Hey, Pedro! Please put these 100 pounds of heroin under your clothes, and cross the border with it. When you get to Tucson, call this number, and meet Jose. Give the bags to him. In the meantime, don't drop them in the desert while walking the 100 miles to Tucson. Don't use the drugs yourself, or sell them for $100,000 and keep the money. In appreciation, Jose will buy you lunch at Taco Bell."

Happens 100 times a day.. The CBP folks can show the tapes.. Ever watch the show "Border Wars"? Like a recruiting program for CBP... But you'd probably think that everything they show is propaganda -- rightt???

Chasing Pedro with horses, helicopters, atvs and on foot is what happens when you don't have a border....

That's odd. I live down here by the border, and I have not had any experience with undocumented aliens crossing the border with drugs, in spite of the fact that, as a member of the Sheriff's Auxiliary Volunteers,(SAV), I am privy to pretty much everything that goes on down here, regarding law enforcement. On the other hand, at the Nogales border portal, there are major drug busts almost every week.

As for your TV show, I would not know. I don't have cable, and if I did, I would not watch "reality" shows. My god, I might end up watching Trump pretend to be running our country!

If you don't know the diff between watching actual REAL CBP agents hooching thru the cacti in the dead of night after 4 different backpackers with drug loads with a chopper overhead and a "TV reality show" -- maybe the Auxilliary is shelltering you just a bit.. Because when I watch them tear apart a truck radiator and find enough drugs to kill several thousand people -- I don't think of "Survivor" or "The Batchelor"...

Yep, it's known, 60% of drugs come in between the ports of entry. That's according to DHS.

How do you know that? You have no idea how many illegal drugs are coming in or are even how many are here at any given time. I'm sorry but "it's known" is a pretty poor foundation to base such a statement. You're probably only talking about captured drugs. Apparently MORE are captured at a POE where there is a WALL with a DOOR in it.

This criminal regime makes Nixon and his people look like Boy scouts....

Junior is on Mueller's list....LIAR....

To be honest, I wouldn't even have watched the SOTU except that my father came over to watch it. But I'm sure glad I did!!! Trump avoided mistakes he has made in the past and made an epic speech very reminiscent of the kind of speeches Ronald Reagan used to make. His use of the guests was extremely skillful. Also, he even got the Democrats clapping and cheering when he said there were more women in Congress than ever before. The whole speech was masterful.
It was a master dud.

Not to mention chuck-full of lies, but that's par for the coarse w/this lying bastard we have in Office.

No, the liar in chief was the last prick. You don’t like what the new guy has to say but he hit a home run tonight. Tough shit lib.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marc's still a bought off servant to massa D. ...

Welcome to the USMB davecmarino, you probably noticed by now we have a TDS-er infestation.

Dumbo was begging...."Nancy please don't investigate all the crimes that my regime and family commited."

So when the GOP launched years of investigations on Hillary....was that also a show of unity? Nothing....except a stage for GOP House members...most of who are gone.

Sorry...Donnie....Nancy will not give your orange balls back....you will be hanging from them soon.

Dumbo was begging...."Nancy please don't investigate all the crimes that my regime and family commited."

So when the GOP launched years of investigations on Hillary....was that also a show of unity? Nothing....except a stage for GOP House members...most of who are gone.

Sorry...Donnie....Nancy will not give your orange balls back....you will be hanging from them soon.

mmm .. What did Trump say again .. :eusa_think: .. Oh yeah .. Stop "ridiculous partisan investigations" .. :laugh:

Last edited:
:huh1: I didn't watch the speech in full just yet being I was also on my PC during the speech, but when I saw some of the playbacks, I couldn't help but notice that Queen Pelosi looked like she was munching on a chocolate bar or snack.
Does anyone here know what she was eating for the 70/80 minutes President Trump was speaking?
:puhleeze:

Like all cows, she was chewing her cud....

:huh1: I didn't watch the speech in full just yet being I was also on my PC during the speech, but when I saw some of the playbacks, I couldn't help but notice that Queen Pelosi looked like she was munching on a chocolate bar or snack.
Does anyone here know what she was eating for the 70/80 minutes President Trump was speaking?
:puhleeze:

Probably nicotine gum.. She smokes and drinks hourly or she goes berserk....

I love how the Democratic women in white clapped so enthusiastically for themselves, but sat on their hands during the rest of the speech, even while Trump was talking about how black unemployment was the lowest it's ever been.

They will regret that choice.

This time EVERYBODY saw it and the media couldn't shield them from revealing how they REALLY are.

There will be millions who will take a second look at who the bad guys are here.

And many of them will say the President looked like the good guy.

And that is what they haven't gotten all this time.

The media and the Dems and the Left have been running game on the citizens of this country.

This is when poll numbers will be very important.

Pelosi looked like a Trump cheerleader to me. She needed a miniskirt and pompoms!

She wants some more Big D J D

Tell me I'm lyin'!

She played it right.

She is a shrewd shrew.

Forum List

Back