Official UMSB Mafia Game 7 - Revolution in WiFom City (The Resistance)

I'm back.

Quick note about the game is that it seems fairly slow. But I'm not sure how much of that is due to it being a game most players are unused to or because I'm just used to a fast-paced version of the game.

Also, I thought there were 4 people that had to go on a mission each day, but now that I'm actually reading the first post, I guess it increases? Oops.

This is actually a good thing though. I'm not sure about Shaitra (I'll explain after). But Cafe and I should definitely go on this mission- every single round, if you're town DO NOT consider any team that doesn't include you. This is the core of this game. You know your alignment, and when you're the leader unless absolutely necessary do not waste time arguing for your own towniness. Take it for granted that we all know you're town, because we should be determining to approve/reject depending on who you choose.

...And I digress again. Basically, <Cafe, Arden, ???> I think should be locked in. Not sure about Shaitra; how much she's insisting on Cafe and I going together while not being one of us herself is striking me as a bit off. Like she already knows our alignments, if you know what I mean, and she's trying to push a certain plan she already has.

Thinking about that too makes me not sure about Cafe in light of that. Cafe should still nominate herself, of course. Going to reread after work to see who I'm most comfortable with. Sorry for the rambling.

Actually, based on my past experiences with the game and with seeing how others played it in the video, I think I can say that today's mission is almost guaranteed to go through whether Cafe and whoever else she picks are scum or not. Scum almost never has the balls to reject in a small mission (and me saying they don't isn't going to magically make them stick their necks out for little reward which is why I feel comfortable with it).

1. CafeAuLait
  2. Grandma
  3. Avatar4321
  4. Arden
  5. Wolfsister77
  6. Wake
  7. FA_Q2
  8. Shaitra
  9. Moonglow
  10. Josh_B
I think this is the best plan, I've used it before and I think it'll still work in this large of a game:

1) Today's (Cafe's) team: <Cafe, Arden(me), Grandma>
2) Assuming pass, tomorrow's (Grandma's) team: <Cafe, Arden(me), Grandma, [most town person]>

This way if there are scum in the original group that were too scared to reject, they're trapped when we add our [second] towniest player to the equation. At the very least, best+likely scenario is that we get two passing missions AND get a better feel for the team.

CaféAuLait, pick me, you, and Grandma. I'm going for real now so I'll respond to anything later, but if anyone doesn't understand my above proposal just read it again. It's objectively and statistically the best way to nominate people, I think.

I can agree to a Cafe, Shaitra, Arden team. No one has voiced any objections to any of them that I can see in the thread and I don't see anything suspicious in their posts.

So yeah, that seems good. Now, I'm going to go lay down. Having a daughter in Kindergarten means mom gets all the germs she picks up and brings home. Yay me.

its the lack of objection that has me worried. If they were safe town choices I would think the scum would object

I can agree to a Cafe, Shaitra, Arden team. No one has voiced any objections to any of them that I can see in the thread and I don't see anything suspicious in their posts.

So yeah, that seems good. Now, I'm going to go lay down. Having a daughter in Kindergarten means mom gets all the germs she picks up and brings home. Yay me.

its the lack of objection that has me worried. If they were safe town choices I would think the scum would object

I think it's a bit funny how everyone seems to think I'm not trustworthy and yet turns around and nominates shaitra and Arden who I suggested go. I'm not sure what to think of that

That's half true. Wolfsister and FA_Q2 are on your list to go. Why do you think Shaitra agreed to go with Arden?

because only two to three choices were possible and not four

[
I'd be happy to go on the first mission for you Cafe. I think Arden would be a safe bet too. She seems pretty laid back about it all.

I could go with this. Arden and Shaitra seem like safe bets.
How would you know?

I like Arden's trolling.
Shiatra called Arden a safe bet. I was using her words.

I'm just trying to nominate people who I think are the most town.
Is that an aside or a frontal admission?

Actually, based on my past experiences with the game and with seeing how others played it in the video, I think I can say that today's mission is almost guaranteed to go through whether Cafe and whoever else she picks are scum or not. Scum almost never has the balls to reject in a small mission (and me saying they don't isn't going to magically make them stick their necks out for little reward which is why I feel comfortable with it).

1. CafeAuLait
  2. Grandma
  3. Avatar4321
  4. Arden
  5. Wolfsister77
  6. Wake
  7. FA_Q2
  8. Shaitra
  9. Moonglow
  10. Josh_B
I think this is the best plan, I've used it before and I think it'll still work in this large of a game:

2) Assuming pass, tomorrow's (Grandma's) team: <Cafe, Arden(me), Grandma, [most town person]>

This way if there are scum in the original group that were too scared to reject, they're trapped when we add our [second] towniest player to the equation. At the very least, best+likely scenario is that we get two passing missions AND get a better feel for the team.

I don't really understand this plan. It looks like you just went down the player list in a row, except you skipped Avatar so you could be in it.

I kind of agree with Arden that the scum may not fail the first mission due to how small it is. If you look at the video, that's what happened in one of the missions. One of the spies let it pass so she wouldn't be caught. So with that strategy in mind, the first mission is likely to pass regardless of who we send. Of course, there is always the possibility that they take a risk if there is one or more on the mission and fail it anyway and hope their buddies would be chosen for future missions. I'm WIFOMing already but we need to look at all the possibilities.

Arden-Why Grandma?

1. CafeAuLait
  2. Grandma
  3. Avatar4321
  4. Arden
  5. Wolfsister77
  6. Wake
  7. FA_Q2
  8. Shaitra
  9. Moonglow
  10. Josh_B

Very logical. I don't know if you and Cafe are Town or Scum, but it's a workable plan.

I kind of agree with Arden that the scum may not fail the first mission due to how small it is. If you look at the video, that's what happened in one of the missions. One of the spies let it pass so she wouldn't be caught. So with that strategy in mind, the first mission is likely to pass regardless of who we send. Of course, there is always the possibility that they take a risk if there is one or more on the mission and fail it anyway and hope their buddies would be chosen for future missions. I'm WIFOMing already but we need to look at all the possibilities.

Arden-Why Grandma?

I'm next on the list and would automatically pick myself to go.

I think I'll be alright id grandma is on the first mission. If it fails then we can be cautious about approving her mission

I think I'll be alright id grandma is on the first mission. If it fails then we can be cautious about approving her mission
I don't like this because it's like you're already planning to blame Grandma. You've said previously that you thought I'm scummy. If that's really the case, why immediately assume if a mission with Cafe/Arden/Grandma fails that it's Grandma's fault, and not even mention the chance of it being mine?

Not sure exactly what this is implying but I'm taking note for future reference depending on the results today.

it isn't a matter of blaming grandma. It's about using the information we have from the first mission to help us make decisions about the second

Cafe, any thoughts on how you are going to choose your team?

Watching and reading for the most part. I've read one of these games on the main site. It was interesting, scum was sent on the first mission, which passed, then later the missions failed which caused speculation as to who was scum sent on the first mission. If anyone has any other suggestions on how I should choose, please throw them at me.

I second. Any thoughts on who you are picking cafe.

and wolf, several object to me going because they know I'm town.

I believe I have a firm Idea on one person but I am unsure if I should name them or continue to watch their posting before I announce a name, unless everyone thinks I should announce a name off the bat.

it also seems like if you want to act like if grandma is in the first mission and it fails that we shouldn't at all question whether her being in the second one is a good idea. What's the point of the game if we just put the same people on missions that fail with absolutely no considerations.

the fact that grandma already has multiple people fighting for her should make her extremely suspect. And the fact that there have been no objections whatsoever so far should add to the suspicion.

if everyone agrees on a team than it's almost certain we have scum on it

one of my posts didn't post. It isn't about blaming grandma. It's about evaluating risk. If grandma is on the first mission and it fails, do we risk approving a mission lead by a probable scum candidate. We would need to ask the same question when Arden leads if she is on a team that fails.

I second. Any thoughts on who you are picking cafe.

and wolf, several object to me going because they know I'm town.

I believe I have a firm Idea on one person but I am unsure if I should name them or continue to watch their posting before I announce a name, unless everyone thinks I should announce a name off the bat.

you make a good point. Carry on with observations

Forum List

Back