Official UMSB Mafia Game 7 - Revolution in WiFom City (The Resistance)

I'm not sure why you seem to want to argue the point. I don't have any ideas. I said when I first read your proposal, I did not understand how it would catch scum.

I get we can hope to pick those who are town but the fact remains, the leaders are stacked and we have no choice if a possible scum goes next. That was where I did not understand how it would work.

For example, I pick grandma, you and shai our mission is a success because I may have managed to pick all town,( or one is scum and they allow the first mission to succeed) and so on. Somewhere scum must be scattered as leaders/ person who picks those who go on the mission, they are going to pick their scum partners, I am having an issue how we get past that.

I didn't think we were locked into the leader order. I thought we could choose to vote on the next leader.

ScarletRage , do we have to follow the order and if we can vote on the leader, can we have the same person lead multiple missions?

I re-read the opening post and it looks like we have to use the order listed there.

My understanding is that yes, you have to use the leader list in the OP. However, we as a group can reject a mission if we don't like the people in it. Then it moves on to the next leader. Also, the leader doesn't have to pick themselves to go but they usually do.

Your list of you, Grandma, and FA looks fine Cafe.

I'm not sure why you seem to want to argue the point. I don't have any ideas. I said when I first read your proposal, I did not understand how it would catch scum.

I get we can hope to pick those who are town but the fact remains, the leaders are stacked and we have no choice if a possible scum goes next. That was where I did not understand how it would work.

For example, I pick grandma, you and shai our mission is a success because I may have managed to pick all town,( or one is scum and they allow the first mission to succeed) and so on. Somewhere scum must be scattered as leaders/ person who picks those who go on the mission, they are going to pick their scum partners, I am having an issue how we get past that.

I didn't think we were locked into the leader order. I thought we could choose to vote on the next leader.

ScarletRage , do we have to follow the order and if we can vote on the leader, can we have the same person lead multiple missions?

The leader order must be followed.

But you don't have to pick yourself.

Actually, based on my past experiences with the game and with seeing how others played it in the video, I think I can say that today's mission is almost guaranteed to go through whether Cafe and whoever else she picks are scum or not. Scum almost never has the balls to reject in a small mission (and me saying they don't isn't going to magically make them stick their necks out for little reward which is why I feel comfortable with it).

1. CafeAuLait
  2. Grandma
  3. Avatar4321
  4. Arden
  5. Wolfsister77
  6. Wake
  7. FA_Q2
  8. Shaitra
  9. Moonglow
  10. Josh_B
I think this is the best plan, I've used it before and I think it'll still work in this large of a game:

1) Today's (Cafe's) team: <Cafe, Arden(me), Grandma>
2) Assuming pass, tomorrow's (Grandma's) team: <Cafe, Arden(me), Grandma, [most town person]>

This way if there are scum in the original group that were too scared to reject, they're trapped when we add our [second] towniest player to the equation. At the very least, best+likely scenario is that we get two passing missions AND get a better feel for the team.

To me, this sounds like someone pushing an agenda. I know I am town. Not so sure about Arden now.
Wow.

Are you kidding me? "Pushing an agenda"?

How else do you expect town to get anything done if we don't present ideas about what to do?

Using everyone else's passiveness and apathy about the first mission selection, which by the way is what scum is using to hide right now, to call me scum? I feel like I'm the only one actually trying to solve this logically and because of that, I'm suddenly getting scumread. That's all total bs.

You're off my mission list, no question. Congrats, you managed to incriminate yourself on the sixth page of the game- everyone, please take note!

But you don't have to pick yourself.

no but if you're town, why would you pick a list without one guaranteed townie

I'm not feeling apathy so much as I feel the best way to get information in this game is to see what happens when the first team is selected. Plus, I've been sick and crabby because of it and I thought I'd spare you guys my whining. :wink:

Cafe the two that you've picked aren't really my favored picks.

Since she has to decide by tomorrow so could you suggest an alternative or is it still Moonglow and Wake?

ScarletRage

Does majority rule for voting for a mission to be approved or not or do we all have to agree?

In that case, only 6 of us have to agree, so that's a little different from what I originally was thinking, that we all had to agree to it. I still don't like the idea of putting people in there that several have objected to, because too many rejected missions gives scum a point, but at this point, I can't see 5 of us objecting to what Cafe has proposed.

I had hoped a little more discussion would have been generated by my proposed list. Seems like the game is moving slower than I had imagined.

Josh_B

What makes you uncomfortable with Grandma and FA and me?

In that case, only 6 of us have to agree, so that's a little different from what I originally was thinking, that we all had to agree to it. I still don't like the idea of putting people in there that several have objected to, because too many rejected missions gives scum a point, but at this point, I can't see 5 of us objecting to what Cafe has proposed.

Seems kinda like a lynch, the majority agrees.

Well Cafe, it's slow for 2 reasons.

1) We haven't played a game like this so it makes it harder to figure out strategy and discussion.

2) We have very little information to go on for the first mission and we can't get it the regular way-with voting and wagons and so forth.

The best way to discuss things is to see what happens on the first mission. If someone rejects it or if there is a fail vote cast, then we have something to analyze and discuss.

Also, on a personal note, not feeling well means I'm likely to crab at people so I'm going to lay low.

Forum List

Back