Official USMB Mafia Game #8: Gremlins, Goblins, and Ghouls! (Oh my!)

Moonglow, who you think feels suspicious so far?
Myself, as usual....

But I know that it's payback time for the serial players.. So you and I have a newby status.. I know you can't trust several people,,,but I am leary of emotive attacks and will just have to say that Wolf is scum as usual...but that is homeostasis...

Not liking Wolfie's picking on House. Will keep my eyes on you to see if this is your Scum-game. HRM.

I wouldn't recommend a No-Lynch, and I think House should understand the gravity of that movement. By not lynching someone we get denied information we need.

Awaiting answers from Arden. Watching Cafe and Avatar b/c of their votes. Hm...

House is a big boy who is more than capable of taking care of himself. The sooner we get out of RVS, the better. And if you don't like NL, like I don't, you should understand why I voted for him.

However, I

Not liking Wolfie's picking on House. Will keep my eyes on you to see if this is your Scum-game. HRM.

I wouldn't recommend a No-Lynch, and I think House should understand the gravity of that movement. By not lynching someone we get denied information we need.

House is a big boy who is more than capable of taking care of himself. The sooner we get out of RVS, the better. And if you don't like NL, like I don't, you should understand why I voted for him.

I don't think he has the wherewithal to see through a No-Lynch.

What's important is whether or not his push for a NL makes him Scum.

It doesn't, and isn't indicative of his alignment. Since voting for a No-Lynch isn't synonymous with being Scum, I don't really understand why you voted for him. If you would, I'd appreciate some sort of explanation on why he should be voted for that.

Moonglow, who you think feels suspicious so far?
Myself, as usual....

But I know that it's payback time for the serial players.. So you and I have a newby status.. I know you can't trust several people,,,but I am leary of emotive attacks and will just have to say that Wolf is scum as usual...but that is homeostasis...

I'm a newby? Darn it!

No no, what does your gut tell you? See, I want to draw you out of your shell and into more of the world of Mafia. Think like a detective, man. If you think things feel suspicious to you you've got to be vocal, honest, and thorough. Emotion doesn't = Scum, either. You have to read between the lines and analyze the subtext of everything action in the game. I'm asking you what feels suspicious, and am asking you to articulate why. ANything said and done in this game so far that has made you wonder, if only just a little bit?

What are some valid things to look for when hunting Scum?

Well, for one, words that ring hollow, or fake. THAT is one thing to look out for. Hyperbole and taking words out of context are also very important. Feeling like you're being manipulated, evaded, or that someone's being disingenuous are all things to note, too.

And it all depends on how you react, too.

VOTE: Moonglow

What do you make of this, honestly? If you dare lie to me I'll know.

It doesn't, and isn't indicative of his alignment. Since voting for a No-Lynch isn't synonymous with being Scum, I don't really understand why you voted for him. If you would, I'd appreciate some sort of explanation on why he should be voted for that.

Disagree. NL denies info. to town. At the least it's anti-town, at the most it's scummy. Why do you keep defending House anyway Wake?

Disagree. NL denies info. to town. At the least it's anti-town, at the most it's scummy. Why do you keep defending House anyway Wake?
They have the same avatars...and are probably bonded in more ways than one...

Non.

No-Lynching is a suitable tactic in very certain situations. The act of doing so, even in the early-game, isn't necessarily Scummy. It may be, Wolfie, that House is a Townie who still has a bit of inexperience. I mean, he's only been playing a few months now. It's been six years for me and I'm still learning subtleties as I go about my business.

In theory yes NL during the early game does deny Town information and isn't recommended for optimal play. The question is whether or not House deserves to be lynched over it and, to that, I must say no. Though if you wish to continue with it I'll abide it, but still question you here and there as you pursue that angle. Personally I think a more pressing matter is Arden's bit about her Role PM although, since we're still in RVS, anything silly goes. :p

As for me continuously defending House that indicates that there's been more than one occasion that I've done such. In fact regarding me questioning you for voting House for his NL attempt, I don't think that even qualifies as defending him, because in truth I'm more or less wondering over your intent here.

Do you think House has the wherewithal to push through a NL today? I don't.

Anti-Town =/= Scum, so I reason it's not always valid to try and lynch someone for Anti-Town behavior, whether bourne of inexperience or not.

Last edited:
And it all depends on how you react, too.

VOTE: Moonglow

What do you make of this, honestly? If you dare lie to me I'll know.

Explain your vote.

Hunting for reactions.

You drop a pebble into the stream and watch which way they dart.

His reaction didn't do much to give me any sort of read on him.

What do you make of his reaction to his vote, Wolfie?

Non.

No-Lynching is a suitable tactic in very certain situations. The act of doing so, even in the early-game, isn't necessarily Scummy. It may be, WOlfie, that House is a Townie who still has a bit of inexperience. I mean, he's only been playing a few months know. It's been six years for me and I'm still learning subtleties as I go about my business.

In theory yes NL during the early game does deny Town information and isn't recommended for optimal play. The question is whether or not House deserves to be lynched over it and, to that, I must say no. Though if you wish to continue with it I'll abide it, but still question you here and there as you pursue that angle. Personally I think a more pressing matter is Arden's bit about her Role PM although, since we're still in RVS, anything silly goes. :p

As for me continuously defending House that indicates that there's been more than one occasion that I've done such. In fact regarding me questioning you for voting House for his NL attempt, I don't think that even qualifies as defending him, because in truth I'm more or less wondering over your intent here.

Do you think House has the wherewithal to push through a NL today? I don't.

Anti-Town =/= Scum, so I reason it's not always valid to try and lynch someone for Anti-Town behavior, whether bourne of inexperience or not.

A NL on D1 is bad play and hurts town. There is no town motivation for doing so. So I'm happy with my vote Wake.

You underestimate House at your own peril.

Arden's comment means nothing to me cuz it was in RVS stage and I already gave it the appropriate response. If she pushes it further, she will be lying and then I'll change my vote but for now, there's no reason to vote for her for a silly RVS vote.

Forum List

Back