Official USMB Shutdown Showdown Thread --- Week of Jan 14th, 2019

Is the political game of chicken being played by BOTH parties worth the lives of a few diabetics?

• Yes, never give in on this wall issue

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, both parties should compromise and get the workers back to work

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Trump should declare a national emergency and resolve the issue

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Leftists remind me of my 3 year old when I tell her no she can't have candy she keeps begging over and over and over I say when you clean your room up you can. The leftists keep passing bills to reopen the government WITHOUT protecting our borders as they have been told is a must have and are now refusing to sit down and talk with the boss....just like toddlers throwing a fit.
LOL
The Dems aren't begging for anything. They've done what the constitution requires.
They don't answer to the president.
They are begging him to reopen the government. They have NOT done what the constitution requires actually. They aren't protecting our borders.
LOL
Trump is the one crying, fool. The Dems are at the beach drinking rum.
LOL he ain't crying. He is asking like a leader does for them to be adults and come talk. They can't do ANYTHING until he reopens the government so it can stay shut down for 2 years for all I care. Typical leftists neglecting their jobs to party.

Leftists remind me of my 3 year old when I tell her no she can't have candy she keeps begging over and over and over I say when you clean your room up you can. The leftists keep passing bills to reopen the government WITHOUT protecting our borders as they have been told is a must have and are now refusing to sit down and talk with the boss....just like toddlers throwing a fit.
LOL
The Dems aren't begging for anything. They've done what the constitution requires.
They don't answer to the president.
They are begging him to reopen the government. They have NOT done what the constitution requires actually. They aren't protecting our borders.
LOL
Trump is the one crying, fool. The Dems are at the beach drinking rum.
LOL he ain't crying. He is asking like a leader does for them to be adults and come talk. They can't do ANYTHING until he reopens the government so it can stay shut down for 2 years for all I care. Typical leftists neglecting their jobs to party.
Typical leftists neglecting their jobs to party.
Irony?

Hilarious.

tRump could not set a trap even if he had help. The boy is a total nutcase of wealth induced insanity.

Personally, I think he knew exactly what he was doing. His detractors are blissful in their ignorance and self-assuredness that he is "mentally unstable". But if you look closely at everything he's done so far, the guy is a freaking genius...

"Has President Trump suckered Democrats and the Deep State into a trap that will enable a radical downsizing of the federal bureaucracy? In only five more days of the already "longest government shutdown in history" (25 days and counting, as of today), a heretofore obscure threshold will be reached, enabling permanent layoffs of bureaucrats furloughed 30 days or more.

Don't believe me that federal bureaucrats can be laid off? Well, in bureaucratese, a layoff is called a RIF – a Reduction in Force – and of course, it comes with a slew of civil service protections. But, if the guidelines are followed, bureaucrats can be laid off – as in no more job..."

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/01/trumps_shutdown_trap.html#ixzz5cihjhAVF

I believe so.

Trump has barricaded himself in the White House and has no idea or care about the damage his Shutdown is doing to the nation and its people

McConnell has to step up and do his job. Bring a bill to the floor of the Senate to open the government.

It's that simple.

Fuck Trump. He just doesn't care

Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer need to cough up $5 billion for border security. The shutdown can end tomorrow. :itsok:

Could be....Though I'm not a believer in the 32D underwater chess thingy that the true believers are into.

Actually, he's not. The constitution reguires congress to fund the govt
Does it say the GOP must roll over?.....don't think so.....

It certainly doesn't say that shutdowns are a viable alternative. LOL
They are when dealing with petulant children otherwise known as leftists.

Hilarious.

You keep saying this as if the Dems haven't passed a funding bill. They have. The govt could open very quickly but unfortunately the next step is out of their control.

Personally, I think he knew exactly what he was doing. His detractors are blissful in their ignorance and self-assuredness that he is "mentally unstable". But if you look closely at everything he's done so far, the guy is a freaking genius...

"Has President Trump suckered Democrats and the Deep State into a trap that will enable a radical downsizing of the federal bureaucracy? In only five more days of the already "longest government shutdown in history" (25 days and counting, as of today), a heretofore obscure threshold will be reached, enabling permanent layoffs of bureaucrats furloughed 30 days or more.

Don't believe me that federal bureaucrats can be laid off? Well, in bureaucratese, a layoff is called a RIF – a Reduction in Force – and of course, it comes with a slew of civil service protections. But, if the guidelines are followed, bureaucrats can be laid off – as in no more job..."

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/01/trumps_shutdown_trap.html#ixzz5cihjhAVF
Lol, no.

Just no.

You guys act like he's some closet Mastermind, but he's just got you bamboozled. In reality he has shown up at a chess match with his checkers.

Could be....Though I'm not a believer in the 32D underwater chess thingy that the true believers are into.

My viewpoint is this right now: It will definitely expose how Congress votes for corporations and not the people who they are supposed to.

He shut down the govt so his chefs would be laid off and he could eat all the McDonald's he wanted..

images

Hilarious.

You keep saying this as if the Dems haven't passed a funding bill. They have. The govt could open very quickly but unfortunately the next step is out of their control.
The dems have been lying about securing the borders for a long time...they want them secured in theory only and only before an election.....in short they lie....they must lie to win elections.....that is why we need this deal and Trump is not going to cave....

Trump has barricaded himself in the White House and has no idea or care about the damage his Shutdown is doing to the nation and its people

McConnell has to step up and do his job. Bring a bill to the floor of the Senate to open the government.

It's that simple.

Fuck Trump. He just doesn't care
FUCK PELOSI........

Everyone to their corners..............LOL

Forum List

Back