Official USMB Shutdown Showdown Thread --- Week of Jan 14th, 2019

Is the political game of chicken being played by BOTH parties worth the lives of a few diabetics?

• Yes, never give in on this wall issue

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, both parties should compromise and get the workers back to work

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Trump should declare a national emergency and resolve the issue

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Just the opposite, dope. The Republicans have done nothing on immigration reform for decades
I know and neither does the dems....Dummy...nothing real....all lies to win elections idiot....what does that tell you that both the GOP and the DNC must act like and sound like border protectors to win but then do nothing about it after they win?.....you won't find a GOP defender in me....when will you get that?....

How many times did the D's refer to the R's as OBSTRUCTIONISTS during Obummer's reign of error???

Guess what...the D's are NOW the OBSTRUCTIONISTS...and it will surely bite them in the ass...eventually...

Gee, sounds like a Democrat to me.
Was he a Dem then?? Maybe
Probably. Many Democrats have left the party. James Woods was a Democrat until the impeachment of Clinton.
Well I've seen a 37% approval rating for Trump so I think he's running out of friends People are wising up to the blabbermouthed con man
his approval rating is higher than obammy's this far along. hmmmm why's that? what is the approval rating of congress?
According to Gallup, Trump has the lowest presidential approval rating of any president they have polled back to Truman at this point in their presidency (2 yrs into their 1st term).
Trump 38%
Obama 48%
Bush 63%
Clinton 54%
HW Bush 80%
Reagan 49%
Carter 55%
Ford 45%
Nixon 61%
Johnson 70%
Kennedy 79%
Eisenhower 71%
Truman 51%
Presidential Job Approval Center

Yeah, and he doesn't have a path to the presidency either!

Just the opposite, dope. The Republicans have done nothing on immigration reform for decades
I know and neither does the dems....Dummy...nothing real....all lies to win elections idiot....what does that tell you that both the GOP and the DNC must act like and sound like border protectors to win but then do nothing about it after they win?.....you won't find a GOP defender in me....when will you get that?....

Dems passed two Senate bills, dope. Republicans killed them. Your narrative is partisan bullshit.

The president's own party couldn't get it done. It's certainly not the Dems responsibility to.

They will pay for it by signing the new trade deal....the deal will put more money into our treasury...what do you call that?.....
So according to your logic, Canada is also paying for the Mexican Wall.
Or are they starting to pay for a Northern Wall?
`

Dems passed two Senate bills, dope. Republicans killed them. Your narrative is partisan bullshit.

The president's own party couldn't get it done. It's certainly not the Dems responsibility to.
Your side killed many bills..........cry me a river..........tough that you are getting back some Karma now isn't it.

Do you stick around meetings after someone tells you "I won't make a deal with you?"

This is the way negotiations work, seems most people know that.

One side...will you give me what I want...

Other side...No.

Then the true negotiations start.

Have you never been in sales?

Yes, that's how they start, but that meeting wsn't the start, and your post assumes that at some point Democrats will get off the "no" but it doesn't appear that's going to happen does it.

This was the FIRST meeting with the new Speaker of the House. This was the START of negotiations with her. You don't say "Give me what I want" and then leave the first meeting when the answer is "No".

Why on Earth are you Democrats so dishonest? Yes, okay this was the first official meeting since Pelosi was reelected as Speaker of the House, but no one believes she was going to suddenly say "okay I'm Speaker now, time to work with Trump" especially when she had been making public statements every day since being elected that she would never give $1 for a border wall.

If you TRULY wanted to see compromise you would be asking Nancy "Why are you not negotiating?"
She has no reason to compromise yet on the wall. She must have read Art of the Deal. Trump's job approval ratings has been falling like a rock since the shutdown started. Pelosi has given him everything else in his request except the wall.

Why don't you post up the Republican sponsored immigration bills and the results
to compare
Why?....we are talking about today and what is needed today.....don't play the GOP DNC comparison game.....neither side wants the border secured....that is why Trump...an outsider won.....

Because you said this, dope.

The dems have been lying about securing the borders for a long time...they want them secured in theory only and only before an election.....in short they lie....they must lie to win elections.....that is why we need this deal and Trump is not going to cave....

No doubt you don't want to compare.
You have just made my point dummy.....

Just the opposite, dope. The Republicans have done nothing on immigration reform for decades.
A comprehensive immigration bill passed the Senate in 2013...and Ryan refused to bring it up for a vote in the House...because he knew it would pass

Do you stick around meetings after someone tells you "I won't make a deal with you?"

This is the way negotiations work, seems most people know that.

One side...will you give me what I want...

Other side...No.

Then the true negotiations start.

Have you never been in sales?

Yes, that's how they start, but that meeting wsn't the start, and your post assumes that at some point Democrats will get off the "no" but it doesn't appear that's going to happen does it.

This was the FIRST meeting with the new Speaker of the House. This was the START of negotiations with her. You don't say "Give me what I want" and then leave the first meeting when the answer is "No".

Why on Earth are you Democrats so dishonest? Yes, okay this was the first official meeting since Pelosi was reelected as Speaker of the House, but no one believes she was going to suddenly say "okay I'm Speaker now, time to work with Trump" especially when she had been making public statements every day since being elected that she would never give $1 for a border wall.

If you TRULY wanted to see compromise you would be asking Nancy "Why are you not negotiating?"
She has no reason to compromise yet on the wall. She must have read Art of the Deal. Trump's job approval ratings has been falling like a rock since the shutdown started. Pelosi has given him everything else in his request except the wall.

Yeah , heaven forbid she give on the wall becauss

A) It's obvious that the ONLY reason Dems oppose it is cuz TRUMP!!

and

B) It's also quite obvious that yes we DO need the perimeter security fence or wall or whatever you want to call it.

A comprehensive immigration bill passed the Senate in 2013...and Ryan refused to bring it up for a vote in the House...because he knew it would pass
BS
It contained things the house could never get passed their voters....the people do not want amnesty....

Fuck Trump. He just doesn't care

You think McConnell cares? :lmao: Oh, that's precious.
LOL....

He doesn't want to fix the border either........that is correct.........but he has to seem that way..........he's up for election in 2020
:abgg2q.jpg:
If he doesn't get his act together here real soon , he'll be on the unemployment line
Got news for you..........the people in this country will go against you on immigration.......you had better hope they forget real quick.........

He didn't need the job to begin with ......BTW

Why don't you post up the Republican sponsored immigration bills and the results
to compare
Why?....we are talking about today and what is needed today.....don't play the GOP DNC comparison game.....neither side wants the border secured....that is why Trump...an outsider won.....

Because you said this, dope.

The dems have been lying about securing the borders for a long time...they want them secured in theory only and only before an election.....in short they lie....they must lie to win elections.....that is why we need this deal and Trump is not going to cave....

No doubt you don't want to compare.
You have just made my point dummy.....

Just the opposite, dope. The Republicans have done nothing on immigration reform for decades.
Gang of 8 crap....................same Con job they used on Reagan for Amnesty........deserved to be shredded.

Fuck Trump. He just doesn't care

You think McConnell cares? :lmao: Oh, that's precious.
LOL....

He doesn't want to fix the border either........that is correct.........but he has to seem that way..........he's up for election in 2020
:abgg2q.jpg:
If he doesn't get his act together here real soon , he'll be on the unemployment line
Got news for you..........the people in this country will go against you on immigration.......you had better hope they forget real quick.........

He didn't need the job to begin with ......BTW
Sounds like conservative republicans are resorting to physical threats now.

BS
It contained things the house could never get passed their voters....the people do not want amnesty....

It contained a path to citizenship...and would have passed.

SOMETHING has to be done with ELEVEN MILLION PEOPLE...

They're here and they ain't goin away

What does Pelosi have to do with the Senate having a vote? You know she's not in the Senate, right?
The house holds the purse...you do know that right?...did you also know our government spends 11 billion dollars a day?....so for the price of 5.6 billion just 13 hours of spending by our government we are going to shut down?...we are going to put people out of work?....for 5.6 billion?....don't blame Trump...this shutdown is all on Nancy......

Forum List

Back