Official USMB Shutdown Showdown Thread --- Week of Jan 14th, 2019

Is the political game of chicken being played by BOTH parties worth the lives of a few diabetics?

• Yes, never give in on this wall issue

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, both parties should compromise and get the workers back to work

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Trump should declare a national emergency and resolve the issue

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Do you stick around meetings after someone tells you "I won't make a deal with you?"

This is the way negotiations work, seems most people know that.

One side...will you give me what I want...

Other side...No.

Then the true negotiations start.

Have you never been in sales?

Yes, that's how they start, but that meeting wsn't the start, and your post assumes that at some point Democrats will get off the "no" but it doesn't appear that's going to happen does it.

This was the FIRST meeting with the new Speaker of the House. This was the START of negotiations with her. You don't say "Give me what I want" and then leave the first meeting when the answer is "No".

Why on Earth are you Democrats so dishonest? Yes, okay this was the first official meeting since Pelosi was reelected as Speaker of the House, but no one believes she was going to suddenly say "okay I'm Speaker now, time to work with Trump" especially when she had been making public statements every day since being elected that she would never give $1 for a border wall.

If you TRULY wanted to see compromise you would be asking Nancy "Why are you not negotiating?"

Did Trump ask her what she would give? Did he ask her anything other than "Do I get my wall". That's not a negotiation. That's a terrorist demand.

Furthermore, by walking out of the meeting, Trump looks weak. Now he's got no way out. If he goes and asks the questions he SHOULD have asked before walking out like a spoiled child. He's given in.

I can't take someone who calls not wanting to deal with a woman who refuses to negotiate terrorism seriously.

You are a clown and dismissed.

Yea...that's a cute "response"

Not based in reality though is it...
Why not Leshy?.....tell us.....Buuuuaaaahahahahahaha!!!!!!
Hitler tried to "remove" 6 million people. How'd THAT work out?
Now the Hitler standard response from the retards.................next is Racism.......Homophobia.......like we aren't used to you saying that.
:abgg2q.jpg:
That's how we know we kicked butt......when Hitler comes out.....

Yea...that's a cute "response"

Not based in reality though is it...
Why not Leshy?.....tell us.....Buuuuaaaahahahahahaha!!!!!!
Hitler tried to "remove" 6 million people. How'd THAT work out?
Now the Hitler standard response from the retards.................next is Racism.......Homophobia.......like we aren't used to you saying that.
:abgg2q.jpg:
That's how we know we kicked butt......when Hitler comes out.....
Sorry...but when you are talking about ethnic cleansing eleven million people...the Holocaust is relevant

Sorry...but when you are talking about ethnic cleansing eleven million people...the Holocaust is relevant
Where did I say ethnic cleaning?...removing illegal aliens is now ethnic cleansing?...wow you are out there man....way out there......

Dems gain nothing by giving in

It only encourages Trump to shut down Government whenever he doesn’t get his way

why not fund the wall and call it a day? you didn't care when billions went to other countries for support. why now? oh yeah TDS. keep it shutdown until the 5.7B makes it on a budget. we're cool with the government staying shutdown. are you? at some point someone will need to blink and it won't be trump.

BTW, the dems know what it will take to reopen the government and are doing nothing. and you don't care. it seems you don't care others are not getting paid.

Yeah and they don't care about the billions the illegals cost we tax payers every year either.

Tell that to small businesses in heavy military and civil service employee's. They are beginning to suffer.

Oh my I'm so sorry. They will all be paid back pay.

You ever get paid if you got furloughed??

Didn't think so.

Oh and Military will be paid.

The military IS being paid. They are not involved in the shutdown.

Not the coast guard trump nut licker.

Coast Guard goes without paychecks — first time military not paid during a shutdown

The Coast Guard is a part of Homeland Security. It is not the military except in time of war when it falls under the DoD.

If you want them to be the military, put them in the DoD with the other three branches.

Well if the FreeShitArmy knew anything about managing a budget, they wouldn't be on food stamps and welfare, right? As far as I'm concerned, they can all starve. And I don't care about their little crotch fruit, either. If ya can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em.

There's also talk that Section 8 payments won't go out. That will be a hoot.

:laughing0301:

Yeah and they don't care about the billions the illegals cost we tax payers every year either.

Tell that to small businesses in heavy military and civil service employee's. They are beginning to suffer.

Oh my I'm so sorry. They will all be paid back pay.

You ever get paid if you got furloughed??

Didn't think so.

Oh and Military will be paid.

The military IS being paid. They are not involved in the shutdown.

Not the coast guard trump nut licker.

Coast Guard goes without paychecks — first time military not paid during a shutdown

The Coast Guard is a part of Homeland Security. It is not the military except in time of war when it falls under the DoD.

If you want them to be the military, put them in the DoD with the other three branches.

Ironically the Coast Guard is mostly funded by the very department that Democrats want to defund completely.

You want to do what to Trump? He is a happily married man. This shutdown is between the GOP and the Democrats over the 2020 election. McConnell will not go against the Republican President IMO.
"He is a happily married man." :777:

That was supposed to be satire but it went over your empty Leftist head.
That was one of those "I really meant to do that" moves, isn't it?

Really? You’re doubling down on your stupidity? Wow.

Damn, not sure how the next election will go if they don't get they stuff.

Yeah, it is what it is.

By that time, they'll all have jobs, thanks to this wonderful Trump economy.

"Making America Great Again - Whether You Like It Or Not..."

Well if the FreeShitArmy knew anything about managing a budget, they wouldn't be on food stamps and welfare, right? As far as I'm concerned, they can all starve. And I don't care about their little crotch fruit, either. If ya can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em.

There's also talk that Section 8 payments won't go out. That will be a hoot.

Did Ben Carson fix that stuff where blacks who didn't have a pot to piss in got the government to subsidize them million dollar homes or no? If not, that's a problem.

Taxpayers don't need to be paying for section 8 when it's million dollar houses n stuff.

Section 8 is supposed to be for bare minimum stuff.

Forum List

Back