Official USMB Shutdown Showdown Thread --- Week of Jan 14th, 2019

Is the political game of chicken being played by BOTH parties worth the lives of a few diabetics?

• Yes, never give in on this wall issue

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, both parties should compromise and get the workers back to work

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Trump should declare a national emergency and resolve the issue

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
This is the way negotiations work, seems most people know that.

One side...will you give me what I want...

Other side...No.

Then the true negotiations start.

Have you never been in sales?

Yes, that's how they start, but that meeting wsn't the start, and your post assumes that at some point Democrats will get off the "no" but it doesn't appear that's going to happen does it.

This was the FIRST meeting with the new Speaker of the House. This was the START of negotiations with her. You don't say "Give me what I want" and then leave the first meeting when the answer is "No".

Why on Earth are you Democrats so dishonest? Yes, okay this was the first official meeting since Pelosi was reelected as Speaker of the House, but no one believes she was going to suddenly say "okay I'm Speaker now, time to work with Trump" especially when she had been making public statements every day since being elected that she would never give $1 for a border wall.

If you TRULY wanted to see compromise you would be asking Nancy "Why are you not negotiating?"
She has no reason to compromise yet on the wall. She must have read Art of the Deal. Trump's job approval ratings has been falling like a rock since the shutdown started. Pelosi has given him everything else in his request except the wall.

Yeah , heaven forbid she give on the wall becauss

A) It's obvious that the ONLY reason Dems oppose it is cuz TRUMP!!

and

B) It's also quite obvious that yes we DO need the perimeter security fence or wall or whatever you want to call it.

Building a fence where it's appropriate, has already been done. Building a wall is both unnecessary and expensive.

The wall was a campaign device to remind Trump to talk about immigration. It wasn't anything Trump was all that wed to, until it became popular at rallies. This is no way to form policy. Do it the right way. Prove it's worth, and it's cost and we'll discuss it. But it's going to take some real convincing before making that kind of a commitment.

No money to the hood and you will see looting and rioting like never before.

Time to lock and load? Cool! Fucking welfare has perpetuated a bunch of goobers.

They may come and try to steal my shit and I can shoot them!

If free shit was never perpetuated, this would be a non-problem.

Oh! It is a problem, though.

This is the way negotiations work, seems most people know that.

One side...will you give me what I want...

Other side...No.

Then the true negotiations start.

Have you never been in sales?

Yes, that's how they start, but that meeting wsn't the start, and your post assumes that at some point Democrats will get off the "no" but it doesn't appear that's going to happen does it.

This was the FIRST meeting with the new Speaker of the House. This was the START of negotiations with her. You don't say "Give me what I want" and then leave the first meeting when the answer is "No".

Why on Earth are you Democrats so dishonest? Yes, okay this was the first official meeting since Pelosi was reelected as Speaker of the House, but no one believes she was going to suddenly say "okay I'm Speaker now, time to work with Trump" especially when she had been making public statements every day since being elected that she would never give $1 for a border wall.

If you TRULY wanted to see compromise you would be asking Nancy "Why are you not negotiating?"

Did Trump ask her what she would give? Did he ask her anything other than "Do I get my wall". That's not a negotiation. That's a terrorist demand.

Furthermore, by walking out of the meeting, Trump looks weak. Now he's got no way out. If he goes and asks the questions he SHOULD have asked before walking out like a spoiled child. He's given in.

I can't take someone who calls not wanting to deal with a woman who refuses to negotiate terrorism seriously.

You are a clown and dismissed.

Pelosi didn't refuse to negotiate - Trump did. Trump is the guy who walked out.

So in other words you've got nothing. Your concession is noted.

Yes...when you're talking about eleven MILLION people...
That's ridiculous....we can remove all 11 million and there would still be ethnic people of all persuasions withing the border of the US.....you are just flaying away right now.....why not be more sensible?.....

The despicable Democrat filth will cave as soon as their welfare queens and Illegals start bitching they are not getting their food stamps.

Maybe we will have riots like they have in France.

States warn food stamp recipients to budget early benefit payments due to shutdown

States warn food stamp recipients to budget early benefit payments due to shutdown

State agencies are warning food stamp recipients to carefully budget their grocery purchases once they receive their February benefits weeks earlier than normal due to the partial government shutdown.

The Department of Agriculture's backup plan for paying out Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits amid the lapse in funding means it could be 40 days — or longer, in some cases — before additional money is added to recipients' benefit cards. There is also no guarantee about when nearly 39 million low-income Americans will next receive another payment to help them buy groceries.

The biggest recipients are red states...why would the Dems worry?

The despicable Democrat filth will cave as soon as their welfare queens and Illegals start bitching they are not getting their food stamps.

Maybe we will have riots like they have in France.

State agencies are warning food stamp recipients to carefully budget their grocery purchases once they receive their February benefits weeks earlier than normal due to the partial government shutdown.

The Department of Agriculture's backup plan for paying out Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits amid the lapse in funding means it could be 40 days — or longer, in some cases — before additional money is added to recipients' benefit cards. There is also no guarantee about when nearly 39 million low-income Americans will next receive another payment to help them buy groceries.

The biggest recipients are red states...why would the Dems worry?

They won't be, once the welfare class has been purged.

Hoo wee! Cut welfare off, no nails did on the 1st n stuff. A certain section of people are not gonna be happy.

My cousin told me about it 2 Christmases ago. LBJ started the welfare crap.

Too many are dependent upon it now.

There will be riots. Possibly Civil War.

They've been eating off what other people earn since the LBJ days.

I hope the parasites do not win. I seriously doubt they will.

Dems gain nothing by giving in

It only encourages Trump to shut down Government whenever he doesn’t get his way

Hell if he's settled on being a One Term Tommy he might as well drive this shut down right down their throats till it makes a lump In their skivvies. He may not get reelected...but he will utterly destroy Pelosi and Schumer.

Jo

No money to the hood and you will see looting and rioting like never before.

Let 'er rip. Let the fence-sitters witness with their own eyes the welfare state we've turned into, and let their children smell it and remember.

This country is long overdue for a steering correction.

Look at these Government workers going to the food banks driving $40,000 vehicles and living in upscale neighborhoods. This shit has gotten way out of control. Many of these agencies need privatized.

Dems gain nothing by giving in

It only encourages Trump to shut down Government whenever he doesn’t get his way

Hell if he's settled on being a One Term Tommy he might as well drive this shut down right down their throats till it makes a lump In their skivvies. He may not get reelected...but he will utterly destroy pelosi and Schumer.

Jo

Something tells me that Trump isn't in the game just to earn another "re-election." Isn't he still doing the job for free?

yjnhi.jpg

Last edited:
You think we can move eleven million people out of the country an "I" am "way out there"?
'
Yea...sure
Sure create a work program like we had in the 50's and make it illegal to hire or give illegal aliens welfare with strict penalties....the illegals will leave on their own and turn around and come back in via the program....then we would know who they are and why they are here....better for them and us....

Forum List

Back