Oh OH- I guess Palin's Political career isn't OVER after all.

And as for the lack of vetting and substance BS. -- there was two years worth of it from every corner of the globe and birther meatheads could not dig up their proof and all networks of every shape, stance, size, affiliation, and ownership had their chance and Obama sat with all of them. ALL OF THEM. and he got away with hiding what? got away with not saying what? got away with concealing what? He was laid bare like every other candidate who steps into the slaughterhouse of American politics.

so spare me that line of reasoning on how Obama was elected

Bullshit!

How so?

And as for the lack of vetting and substance BS. -- there was two years worth of it from every corner of the globe and birther meatheads could not dig up their proof and all networks of every shape, stance, size, affiliation, and ownership had their chance and Obama sat with all of them. ALL OF THEM. and he got away with hiding what? got away with not saying what? got away with concealing what? He was laid bare like every other candidate who steps into the slaughterhouse of American politics.

so spare me that line of reasoning on how Obama was elected

So the Bill Ayers association was no big deal with the media, it was down played.
Jeremiah Wright association was down played by the media.
Van Jones association was down played by the media.
His voting present at the state level was down played by the media.

Joe the plumber got more vetting with the media than did Obama....and Palin being the #2 pick got a hell of a lot more vetting than did Obama.
Your a left wing partisan, I get it, but a little honesty goes a long way.

I guess I don't understand your definition of "downplayed" since we heard about all those things ad nauseum before during and even after the election.

Palin was not able to stick it out when matters became tough.

She will not be able to do it, I believe, in a major campaign. I do not want my party's candidate quitting in the middle of a campaign because she can't hack it. The GOP deserves far better than her.

I agree that she is not my candidate of choice and would not get my vote is she is the GOP candidate.

But I believe she quit for the reason she stated. I have absolutely no reason to believe otherwise. She did not have a history of quitting...and to the contrary, she had many reasons to quit the campaign and she didnt....and lets be real...she was pregnant with a challanged child and she did not consider quitting her governorship over it.....

So why are all jumping on "she quit form the pressure" bandwagon?

I believe it is becuase the left will call her out as selfish if she acted as the Mother Teresa.

Because she quit.

She may have had her reasons, but the end of the argument is that she quit. Elected officials are faced with frivolous lawsuits all the time. Their families are hounded and targetted by political opportunists. Loons and wingnuts will view you as a traitor and demonstrate against you. The "She quit for the good of the State" argument is ridiculous.

It leaves folks with the very pertinent question: If she runs for President, will she see it out?

I don't begrudge Palin her position in the GOP. I think she's done a shrewd job positioning herself as kingmaker. I definitely don't begrudge her the money she's made. She's an amazing success story. And for the record, I think if she wants the nomination, she can probably get it (though I do not believe she would do well in the general election).

I know I can't vote for her. I know many folks I know from Church or from family relations that never once voted for a "D" voted for Obama because they thought she was a poor candidate. I can't see that she's done anything to address the fact that she's just not very popular outside the fringe right. More power to her. If she's found a segment of the population that like her and a path to personal riches, then good luck to her. Just don't think for a second I'd ever consider voting for her.

I view Palin as the equivalent of Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, Coulter, etc. Someone that can make an enormous amount of money doing something they love by appealing to their base, but someone deeply unpopular outside their base. And that's a fine living to have truth be told.

Last edited:
So the Bill Ayers association was no big deal with the media, it was down played.
Jeremiah Wright association was down played by the media.
Van Jones association was down played by the media.
His voting present at the state level was down played by the media.

Joe the plumber got more vetting with the media than did Obama....and Palin being the #2 pick got a hell of a lot more vetting than did Obama.
Your a left wing partisan, I get it, but a little honesty goes a long way.

Ayers blew up into a big deal ...... his association w/ Wright was front page for weeks .... Van Jones as well .......... voting record all out there to be seen.

Like i said, just because it was not covered ENOUGH does not mean it was not covered at all or not enough for your liking. That is the honest part of the problem.

Comes across as sour grapes. It was out there and voters took it for whatever they wanted to take it as. None of it was ever sugar-coated and nothing was ever left open-ended. Maybe they thought it was overblown BS, while others had a list of 46 other things that had more of an impact in their view, but it was out there.

There lies the issue -- coverage vs. desired outcome.

Again, bullshit....it wasn't out there like you claim. More like buried on the 12th page of liberal newspapers, whereas Palin and McCain was frontpage news. I got the LA Times on a dailey basis....I did see what was going on. Questions weren't asked by the media, and I understand why. It's simple, the media today whether be it right, or left, has an agenda.

I honestly cannot see how you could have typed that with a straight face.....

Lightweights don't stumble out of fear of perception after the fact. That is childish reasoning for her gaffes and overall lack of depth in the political arena.
Never said a word about her honesty or ethics, just her seat at the table of actual national debate.
Refused to attack him? the Media refused or just not ENOUGH of the media decided to do so? He has been attacked for everything down to his country of birth and those meatheads still hold onto that belief as some do in thinking Elvis is still alive in Kalamazoo.
I am also not saying Palin is the only lightweight stating their views in the media - just the most recognized, the most visibal and thereby the biggest example of absurdity based on her resume.

She was not running for President at the time, yet was vetted far more strongly than Obama. Biden wasn't vetted at all, by anyone, including Obama.

So this is what you've got after all? Whining?

Because she quit.

She may have had her reasons, but the end of the argument is that she quit. Elected officials are faced with frivolous lawsuits all the time. Their families are hounded and targetted by political opportunists. Loons and wingnuts will view you as a traitor and demonstrate against you. The "She quit for the good of the State" argument is ridiculous.

It leaves folks with the very pertinent question: If she runs for President, will she see it out?

I don't begrudge Palin her position in the GOP. I think she's done a shrewd job positioning herself as kingmaker. I definitely don't begrudge her the money she's made. She's an amazing success story. And for the record, I think if she wants the nomination, she can probably get it (though I do not believe she would do well in the general election).

I know I can't vote for her. I know many folks I know from Church or from family relations that never once voted for a "D" voted for Obama because they thought she was a poor candidate. I can't see that she's done anything to address the fact that she's just not very popular outside the fringe right. More power to her. If she's found a segment of the population that like her and a path to personal riches, then good luck to her. Just don't think for a second I'd ever consider voting for her.

I view Palin as the equivalent of Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, Coulter, etc. Someone that can make an enormous amount of money doing something they love by appealing to their base, but someone deeply unpopular outside their base. And that's a fine living to have truth be told.

yes...I see Palin as a conservcative activist at best.

And yes, she quit.

But due to the pressure?

I dont agree. I believe what she said as the reason.

good grief, your family voted for Obama because OF PALIN.

and they saw nothing wrong with Joe Biden as next in line to become President.

Palin gave her reasons for RESIGNING. If only more politicians would do what they felt is the RIGHT THING for their state and the people in.

so you all can go on with your SHE QUIT bs, nothing will stop you anyway.

Last edited:
I honestly cannot see how you could have typed that with a straight face.....

I know. The Revrend Wright issue and the other shady folks were all over CNN and NPR at the time. I remember being puzzled at the time how folks could say the media was ignoring them.

On the flip side of that, the media was asleep at the wheel during the entire run up to Iraq and literally refused to do any fact checking at all. If there's an agenda, it's certainly not leftist by nature. It's more a corporate agenda than anything else.

good grief, your family voted for Obama because OF PALIN.

Yes. I know I voted for Bush in 2004 and Palin was a deciding factor for me. A pretty large chunk of the family and friends I have back in Indiana voted for Obama based on Palin.

Now, I'd concede that most of those folks are highly likely to vote against Obama in 2012. At this point I probably will vote against Obama myself. But if the nominee is Palin? Who knows? She's poison to moderates like myself, and most of the GOP posters I've seen here concede they'd rather not have her as a candidate.

Like I said, I don't begrudge her the success she's had. She was free to quit if she thought it was her and her state's best interest. However, if you quit, you quit. That's the end of the argument. She's free to give her reasons and make her case to people about it, but in the end that's the fact she'll have to deal with.

For example, I quit my job in New Orleans after Katrina. I of course had more than enough reasons for doing so. However, when I list that job on the resume, or when people ask me about that job, the end of the story is I quit. If they're interested, I'll tell them why. But the reasons do not change the fact I quit.

Again, bullshit....it wasn't out there like you claim. More like buried on the 12th page of liberal newspapers, whereas Palin and McCain was frontpage news. I got the LA Times on a dailey basis....I did see what was going on. Questions weren't asked by the media, and I understand why. It's simple, the media today whether be it right, or left, has an agenda.

Ok, so your argument is now Bullshit. buried on what other newspapers? You only read the Times, so how do you know about what coverage it got where and for how long and whether it was via op-eds, columns or actual factual stories?
It was covered from the Huntsville Times to the Fresno Bee to the Arizona Republic to Delaware State News.
It was the first big hurdle that Obama had to deal with from his past followed closely by Reverend Wright and both got huge coverage based on race, ethical and moral issues brought up by both the left and the right.
Same theory applies - just because it did not get the saturation level of coverage that you thought it needed or deserved or the story did not have the desired negative effect does not mean that it was not covered by the media. A presidential candidate does not go through a campaign (Even one that was only known as a hopeful keynote speaker at a Democratic convention in the past) and not get examined by every microscope in the known universe.

Be honest...with Rev. Wright, it was exposed on Fox News.....over and over, and Fox news exposed other media outlets as not covering it.
Look, Mich....you can spin it how ever you like, it makes for good debate on the boards, but like I said be honest. Palin had a lot more vetting than did Obama.
Yes, Obama may have been examined....but not reported becauase of the left wing agenda. Obama couldn't have beaten Hillary if they had done their job properly.

And anyone who checked on their own rather than simply taking FOX news' word for it would have known that "other media outlets not covering it" was simply not true.

yes...I see Palin as a conservcative activist at best.

And yes, she quit.

But due to the pressure?

I dont agree. I believe what she said as the reason.

That's fine. You're free to believe it. I know that if I were the Governor of my State and it was my kids coming under attack, lawsuits against my person costing the state, and my personal financial well being under assault, I'd probably serve out my term and exit politics. Espeicially if I could have a more successful career outside of elected office.

Of course I probably wouldn't run in the first place given the crap that politicians have to take just to do the job.

She will not be able to do it, I believe, in a major campaign. I do not want my party's candidate quitting in the middle of a campaign because she can't hack it. The GOP deserves far better than her.

Why the Hell do you even care? "The GOP deserves far better than her."

whatever.....

Oh, I know.... you guys are skeered of her. :lol:

Ok, so your argument is now Bullshit. buried on what other newspapers? You only read the Times, so how do you know about what coverage it got where and for how long and whether it was via op-eds, columns or actual factual stories?
It was covered from the Huntsville Times to the Fresno Bee to the Arizona Republic to Delaware State News.
It was the first big hurdle that Obama had to deal with from his past followed closely by Reverend Wright and both got huge coverage based on race, ethical and moral issues brought up by both the left and the right.
Same theory applies - just because it did not get the saturation level of coverage that you thought it needed or deserved or the story did not have the desired negative effect does not mean that it was not covered by the media. A presidential candidate does not go through a campaign (Even one that was only known as a hopeful keynote speaker at a Democratic convention in the past) and not get examined by every microscope in the known universe.

Be honest...with Rev. Wright, it was exposed on Fox News.....over and over, and Fox news exposed other media outlets as not covering it.
Look, Mich....you can spin it how ever you like, it makes for good debate on the boards, but like I said be honest. Palin had a lot more vetting than did Obama.
Yes, Obama may have been examined....but not reported becauase of the left wing agenda. Obama couldn't have beaten Hillary if they had done their job properly.

And anyone who checked on their own rather than simply taking FOX news' word for it would have known that "other media outlets not covering it" was simply not true.

oh the other stations were covering it alright, and all of them were reporting it with scorn at the american people for EVEN questioning it. I guess there is some here who watch other stations besides Fox like you and others here love to regurgitate over and over.

With all of this fund raising, conferences, reality shows, FOX appearances, tea party supporting and the 4 dozen other things Sarah Palin is involved in:
When would she have had ANY time to be Governor of Alaska?
Only a complete naive and gullible DUMBASS believes that she quit on the people of Alaska because of "frivolous liberal lawsuits".
The masses be they liberal or right wing wannabe "conservatives" ARE DUMBASSES.

All of the things you mention she is doing were started AFTER she resigned.

Your the DUMBASS, if you didnt know that.

Guess it was OK that she was a VP candidate while she was governor.... kind of like Obama running a 2 year campaign to be President while he was a sitting Senator who, BTW did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING as a Senator.

You hypocrite!

She resigned TO DO THOSE THINGS.
And you are is you're, not your.
When a coach is doing a bad job like Obama you fire him but you DO NOT hire a quitter.
Obviously you never played any football. Go back to your trucks.

Because she quit.

Same as I say. I like her as she seems to be a very good person. It killed me to see the media attack her family.
But she quit and made excuses.
Leaders do not quit under pressure and if they do they DO NOT MAKE EXCUSES.
As hard as they try it will never work with Sarah Palin.
Politically, she is toast. You can not polish a turd.

So all told, how much damage has any perceived influence by Bill Ayers over Obama actually had? None. And that's why it was a red herring.

Missing the point Maggie....or not missing it but making believe you are.

A candidate having 4 conflicting answers to one question is something that the media should question further.
They didnt.

Funny thing too....during the last debate McCain asked him about Ayers and what his real relationship was.

Obamas answer?

Paraphrased....

"others interact with him that have republican ties so what is wrong with me interacting with him"

Did anyone in the media think it may be a good idea to ask him if the others were asking the country to elect them to be president?

Funny thing......He sat in the pews of Wright but was not held accountable becuase he "did not know of his views"

Really? Should the media maybe question the viability of a man as president who did not know the views of a man that he called his mentor? Did anyone actually address that with him? All of his interviews and not one quesition of "why should the American People feel you would be a good diplomat on their behalf if you are such a poor judge of ahcaracter?"

LOL...no media bias huh....none.

Barbara Walters hugged Obama when she interviewed him...she stared at the freaking floor when she interviewed McCain.

Final thought of the day before i go home and enjoy a good snow storm here in MI.
The media is there to report the story at hand by relaying facts. Be it for the New York Times or the Idaho Statesman or the Elkhart Truth or the Harlan Daily Enterprise in Harlan, Ky. They are not out to be hand-holders or shils or sponsors. These days i understand that the line for that has become hazy at best, but at the core of it, it is not the media's job to provide guidance, only to put forth what they find out and let people do with it what they will.
So whether something is under- or over- covered is in the eye of the beholder, but wanting the coverage to point someone in one direction or another is naive and wrong.
Nor is it the fault of the media for who is elected to office - it is the voters. The media has an influence over voters, there is no doubt; but there are innumerable facets of life that are also involved. The media may have moved up that list of significance in the past two decades, but it has not and will not ever be the sole reason for it.
Asking the tough questions and following up on those questions is their job, but if you want to know the answers to the questions you did not get answers to, then contact them personally, go to a town hall or call their office; otherwise, shut up and quit bitching.
For me, this all started with Palin being out of her league and i beleive she still is and can only hurt more than help her party, her reputation and her future aspirations, but as of now, she is only another cog in the media machine we have been debating and nothing else. And she is not even good at that job.

Asking the tough questions and following up on those questions is their job, but if you want to know the answers to the questions you did not get answers to, then contact them personally, go to a town hall or call their office; otherwise, shut up and quit bitching.

You started to sound real good there until you stuck your foot in your mouth. This is a Message Board. You are free to Bitch, as the rest of us, that is what you are doing here. Grow up and stop trying to dictate what others can and can't do. Full disclosure won't hurt your cause you know. ;) Your industry has enough problems do deal with, don't you think? You are welcome to contribute, both positively and negatively, as is the rest of the Community. :)

whatever.....

Palin quit because she knew she could make lots of money off of people like you. And for that, she deserves credit for being an astute business woman who knows her clientele.

whatever.....

Palin quit because she knew she could make lots of money off of people like you. And for that, she deserves credit for being an astute business woman who knows her clientele.

That is pure speculation on your part. but nice try.

Forum List

Back