Ohio voting for reproductive rights

BTW, J.D. Vance is a NaziCon asshole!

No, I’m looking for this quote:

““We can’t give in to the idea that the federal Congress has no role in this matter because if it doesn’t, then the pro-life movement is basically not going to exist," Ohio Sen. J.D. Vance said.”

They quoted him as saying it, but didn’t source where they got it from. I want to see HIS posting of this, not their quote.

BTW, J.D. Vance is a NaziCon asshole!

grt0h9v5m6zb1.jpg

No, I’m looking for this quote:

““We can’t give in to the idea that the federal Congress has no role in this matter because if it doesn’t, then the pro-life movement is basically not going to exist," Ohio Sen. J.D. Vance said.”

They quoted him as saying it, but didn’t source where they got it from. I want to see HIS posting of this, not their quote.

Do your own research.

That's all going to come in handy, when it comes time for you to decide to have an abortion. Otherwise... nassomuch.

Well, I have my limits and those are they. I’ve always said that this is a states rights issue. What I just posted is MY personal feelings on the issue. I also recognize that my feelings does not reflect the feelings of others, so what I feel doesn’t matter. I also feel the federal government has no authority on this matter, that it’s a states rights issue, which is why I say whatever the states decide for themselves, is fine. That’s how the system is supposed to work. My personal feelings on the matter end at the ballot box. What happens from there is up to the state as a whole.

What I just posted is MY personal feelings on the issue
Right. I am not begrudgingly you for them. Or anyone else for their beliefs.

Just trying to keep a constant undercurrent going, in this topic.

"Decide for yourself, mind your own goddamn business."

Y
Do your own research.
You’re the one who posted it. You apparently have access to the relevant information. Don’t ask me to provide the proof of the links YOU post.

Also, I did try to look up the quote online and all I got back was the huffpo article. So, I can only assume, unless someone has the original post from Vance, that huffpo made it up, or edited a quote to make it look like he said that.

Right. I am not begrudgingly you for them. Or anyone else for their beliefs.

Just trying to keep a constant undercurrent going, in this topic.

"Decide for yourself, mind your own goddamn business."

Decide for yourself, mind your own goddamn business."

That’s what states are doing, where this issue belongs.

Y

You’re the one who posted it. You apparently have access to the relevant information. Don’t ask me to provide the proof of the links YOU post.

Also, I did try to look up the quote online and all I got back was the huffpo article. So, I can only assume, unless someone has the original post from Vance, that huffpo made it up, or edited a quote to make it look like he said that.

Funny. I seriously doubt that Igor Bobic made it up. Send him an email.

Igor Bobic is a senior HuffPost reporter who covers Congress, the White House, and political campaigns. He can be reached at [email protected] and is on Twitter @igorbobic.

That’s what states are doing, where this issue belongs.
No, it should definitely be a constitutionally protected right. And was, for almost 50 years, until corrupt people sat a corrupt court with the singular purpose of deleting that right.

Funny. I seriously doubt that Igor Bobic made it up. Send him an email.

Igor Bobic is a senior HuffPost reporter who covers Congress, the White House, and political campaigns. He can be reached at [email protected] and is on Twitter @igorbobic.
Ok, then he should have sourced the quote, rather than leaving it open. If he is a “senior huff post reporter” then surely he knows you shouldn’t quote someone and not source the quote, especially when someone like me comes along and thinks “well, he’s just a leftist from huffpo, so, he has an agenda”.

Ok, then he should have sourced the quote, rather than leaving it open. If he is a “senior huff post reporter” then surely he knows you shouldn’t quote someone and not source the quote, especially when someone like me comes along and thinks “well, he’s just a leftist from huffpo, so, he has an agenda”.
If that concerns you so much, then shouldn't you be the one trying to source it?

I understand, and I struggle with this, but, I personally feel, for me, that, as long as the abortion takes place before any meaningful development takes place, meaning, while it’s still in the zygote phase, early on before fetus formation takes place, I’d say that the mental anguish of a woman being forced to carry to term the baby of her rapist, would be cruel.

Not as bad as murdering an innocent child in cold blood, on such a bullshit excuse.

That woman is going to know, for the rest of her life, that she murdered her own child, and if she is not held to answer for it in this life, then she certainly will in the hereafter, along with everyone else who had any willing part in aiding and abetting that murder.

Rape is a horrible, horrible evil, but murder is even worse.

No, it should definitely be a constitutionally protected right. And was, for almost 50 years, until corrupt people sat a corrupt court with the singular purpose of deleting that right.
Ok, now let’s look at that.

Everyone knew that the right always wanted to overturn roe, that was no secret. Either nobody thought they would ever do it, or maybe they just didn’t put a priority on it, I don’t know. However, imagine how far we’d be right now on abortion rights if roe had never been decided, and misunderstood. Yes, overturning roe set that movement back by 50 years, because we’ve been operating on an incorrect assumption for 50 years, and everyone ignored, for 50 years, that the day might come when roe would be overturned. Imagine instead, 50 years of each state refining their own abortion laws, people voting on the issue, people learning and understanding the issues both for and against a constitutional states rights approach to abortion.

That’s 50 years in which more voices could be heard, and more minds could be changed. Sure, it wouldn’t have been all good…or bad. I imagine, in the next 50 years, providing we don’t have a liberal scotus and congress who tries to unconstitutionally codify abortion rights into law, that some of these state abortion laws will be loosened, because over time people will refine their views and be able to see the effects of the pros and cons of abortion, as people’s views change, so will the people they vote into office.

Basically, what we’re about to go through in the next 50 years could have already been done, if roe hadn’t been incorrectly interpreted.

Forum List

Back