Oil Companies Report Record Profits -- $1,500 Per Second

Big oil and the cons are fucking America so hard, your turds should just fall out of your ass. The GOP defends the greed of big oil, which is sabotaging the economy. More proof that the cons are the American Al Qaeda.

Oil Companies Report Record Profits -- $1,500 Per Second | U.S. News Best Cars

Actually, that's what big oil profits were in 2008. This year they're making $14,000.00 per second.

You do realize that the state and federal government take more in gasoline taxes than oil companies do.

Why is the government squandering all the money?

Big oil and the cons are fucking America so hard, your turds should just fall out of your ass. The GOP defends the greed of big oil, which is sabotaging the economy. More proof that the cons are the American Al Qaeda.

Actually, that's what big oil profits were in 2008. This year they're making $14,000.00 per second.

And the pubs keep on giving them more of the tax payer's money.

I will never understand why anyone would vote for those crooks.

'course, they've been so busy gerrymandering and stealing votes, they don't really need the votes anymore. They're on the public dole for life.

You mean the taxpayers that purchase petroleum products? As in customers/consumers?

Oh wait- I get it. If an oil company spends $1 million drilling a well, for example, then they should not be allowed to deduct those expenditures from taxable income.

Brilliant. Fucking brilliant.

'course, they've been so busy gerrymandering and stealing votes, they don't really need the votes anymore. They're on the public dole for life.

You mean the taxpayers that purchase petroleum products? As in customers/consumers?

Oh wait- I get it. If an oil company spends $1 million drilling a well, for example, then they should not be allowed to deduct those expenditures from taxable income.

Besides the welfare ranchers, what other businesses get their cost of doing business paid for by the tax payer?

I suggest you get your head out of your ass and brush up on contract law as it specifically relates to oil and gas.

Then get a copy of "Economics for Fucking Idiots" from Amazon.

Why don't you tell us? Go ahead, explain how cheaper for oil companies translates into cheaper for us? I'm all ears. And don't forget to give us past examples.

Hey Hispanic-hating racist, July 2008 through January 2009. Oil dropped dramatically on the prospect of significant extraction after two offshore drilling moratoriums were reversed and expired. The price of gas dropped with it.

Hispanic hating?

I always like to learn new things. But it seems your link was lost. Care to post it again?

The Federal and State government has their hand in the pocket of oil companies at the pump...
They say that is used for maintaining the roads.

Now they say that the highway fund needed to maintain the roads is exhausted and they want to place
tolls on the highways.....

What the fuck!

Besides the welfare ranchers, what other businesses get their cost of doing business paid for by the tax payer?

I believe you are more intelligent than this. I really do.
But being Liberal, I know you can't help it.

I'd like a link on the charge that Republicans are forking over tax payers money to big oil. Please provide.

Blame your pal obummer. Fuel prices have risen by at least a third while he's been POTUS. He's probably THE most responsible person for the high cost of gasoline.

IMHO there should be a cap on oil company profits. Oil belongs to the earth and whomever processes it should not be allowed to charge whatever they want.

This of course would be considered a commie approach to the problem, but isn't that what we have already done with the medical profession?

IMHO there should be a cap on oil company profits. Oil belongs to the earth

I just talked to the Earth. The Earth is fine with us taking the oil.
The Earth also says you're a silly Commie.

Hey knucklehead....Do your homework....The industry wide net profit margin for the oil and gas production and exploration industry is 7%
You've been told many times that when you post, you had better be prepared to produce some facts. Or be prepared to suffer the ridicule of being exposed.

CARPE DIEM: Oil Industry Profit Margin Ranks #114 out 215

Industry Statistics
Market Capitalization: 26,219B
Price / Earnings: 13.7
Price / Book: 1.7
Net Profit Margin (mrq): 4.8%
Price To Free Cash Flow (mrq): -34.4
Return on Equity: 11.6%
Total Debt / Equity: 97.8
Dividend Yield: 3.9%

Industry
Change % P/E ROE % Div. Yield % Long-Term Debt to
Equity Price to
Book Net
Profit Margin % (mrq) down Price to
Free Cash Flow (mrq)
1 Day Price Market
Cap
Oil & Gas Drilling & Exploration 1.00 4103.7B 25.20 8.50 3.64 25.31 2.23 7.00 -56.00

And people have to give a second thought as to why manufacturing, and production jobs, left this country? The above quote furnished by this pathetic clown personifies the very reason why. Look at the anti business policies adopted by your liberal guru's and you will have the second piece of the puzzle, then for the crème da la crème , take a look at the corporate tax rate of developed countries, the US is in the top percentile. Hangover? or is it brain cells that are completely fried?

If you look at return on investment, the oil and gas sectors rank toward the bottom.

It takes billions to make billions.

Quit your whining.

Someone is really going to have to explain to me what 'profit' means again.

Pretty simple. Gross revenue minus expenses/overhead, etc. If the number is in the black, it's profit. If it's in the red, it's a loss.

Does the op realize that the goverment makes more off oil than the big oil companies? Through gas taxes.

actly!!

oil companies make about 8 cents per gallon in profit. the federal gasoline tax is more than double that at 18.4 cents/gallon

libs; idiots n hypocrites

presuming gasoline is $3.50 a gallon and the company gets 8 cents per gallon, the fed tax is 18.4 cents, state tax is 7.6 cents, that all adds up to 34 cents..,who the hell is getting the $3.16 difference ???????

1 (one) gallon of gasoline should cost no more than $.35 per gallon !!! :up:

Most of the pump price is based on the commodity market rates.
For example, I checked the NYMEX spot price for the June 2014 contract. $2.9244.
Down a fraction. The 52 week high occurred 4/24/2014 at $3.02....The 52 week low is $2.65 on 6/24/2013. This represents a 6.25% increase since 1/2/2014.
The remainder of the pump price is comprised of taxes, delivery charges and retailer profit.
Depending upon state and location add 60 to 90 cents per gallon to arrive at the pump price.
State fuel taxes vary greatly from state to state.
In NC the gas tax is 39.2 cents per gallon. In SC it is 14.5 cents per gallon. In high tax states such as NY CA and HI, the gas tax is over 50 cents per gallon.
Add the federal gas tax of 18.4 cents and state and local sales taxes, there could be over $1 per gallon in taxes.

How many billions of tax dollars has Obama squandered in his effort to "create" jobs?

Yet here we have an industry spending tens of billions of their own capital year in and year out and they've been successful at what they do, and have created tens of thousands of jobs in the process.
If it weren't for hydrocarbons, this economy would be in the shitter

LOL!
I love this claim.
Prove it.

How many times have Republicans been duped thinking that if a company makes a big profit, they will pass that on to the consumers?

You would think they would eventually learn. But that's why business wants to bring in immigrants with degrees. There aren't enough educated liberals to go around and Republicans can't be taught. Too stupid and too lazy and much too old.

how many times have Democrats been duped into thinking that if you Tax a big company more they wont pass that expense on to the consumer?.....

Who'd like to make $30,000/year scott-free?

All you have to do is drill a hole in the ground and extract one barrel of crude oil per day.

One singular barrel of crude oil. Per day.

Any volunteers?

Why do you say such stupid shit?

I can think of one reason.

people here have been asking you for the last 4 years why you say some of the shit you throw up here.....i can think of one reason....

How many times have Republicans been duped thinking that if a company makes a big profit, they will pass that on to the consumers?

You would think they would eventually learn. But that's why business wants to bring in immigrants with degrees. There aren't enough educated liberals to go around and Republicans can't be taught. Too stupid and too lazy and much too old.

Who works for the evil corporations rderp?

Oh that's right, it's these bags of water called "people". These "people" (aka consumers) are paid very well. These people then pay taxes, and buy things. It's called "capitalism".

Why do you hate capitalism?
Why do you hate Americans that have good paying jobs?

he only hates Republicans who have good paying jobs....

Such a stupid and moronic statement. Too bad the U.S. isn't the communist country you so desperately want. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back