Olberman signs off from Countdown

but if it were about ratings, he wouldn't be the person to be off the air.

and in terms of ratings on MSNBC, the same could be said of having high ratings on cable news as opposed to network TV...

but that doesn't stop the freaks who think fauxnews is the be all, end all...

it's got nothing to do with ratings; it's got to do with him being a completely over the top egomaniacal blowhard who pissed off his bosses.

he's threatening to go back to sports :eek:

as opposed to rush, hannity, beck???

i figure olbermann is benign compared to them.

i never heard anyone complain about his sportscasting before. but then again, i'm not a sports person.

no, in concert with beck et al. i devote as much time to them as i do to keith.

you think he's benign because you agree with his politics.

i find them all unwatchable, frankly, and so i never watch them.

as for his sports, he's too busy being the smartest guy in the room to actually say anything relevant to the game. i

i found these little gems in howie kurtz's piece; i'm sure you can find similar examples for the alleged *conservatives*

"...Olbermann once imagined the fate of “a poor kid” born to a transgendered man who became pregnant, adding: “Kind of like life at home for Bill's (O'Reilly) kids.”

"After Scott Brown won the Senate race in Massachusetts last January, Olbermann called him “an irresponsible, homophobic, racist, reactionary, ex-nude model, tea-bagging supporter of violence against women and against politicians with whom he disagrees.”

Keith Olbermann Quits MSNBC?s Countdown - The Daily Beast

charming, really. the perfect antidote to the *vitriol* so decried of late.

So you would trust a news station because of ratings even if they lie?
I don't watch TV news unless it happens to be on at the break room at work. And then I'm usually deriding it. Trust it? pfft. they have a long way to go to rebuild my trust in them.

This is pretty funny. After the Tuscon shooting, liberals salivated with the idea of using the tragedy as an excuse of bringing back the falsely named "Fairness Doctrine" to get rid of Rush Limbaugh.

But who is gone? Keith Olbermann!

Liberals just keep losing, bit by bit!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're right, Limbaugh has no shame. He just keeps stuffing his fat pockets with Republican money.

I believe he makes plenty on his own....he's quite popular you know...

With Republicans.

This is pretty funny. After the Tuscon shooting, liberals salivated with the idea of using the tragedy as an excuse of bringing back the falsely named "Fairness Doctrine" to get rid of Rush Limbaugh.

You're right, Limbaugh has no shame. He just keeps stuffing his fat pockets with Republican money.
Sleep Comfort Beds are all republicans? Flowers Direct is a conservative cabal?

wuppa wuppa wuppa... black helicopters are gonna getcha!

Yup. We are watching the cultural pendulum which started swinging 'liberal' back in 1930 begin swinging back the other way. It rapidly passed it's 'balance point' in the 1960's and then kept over-reaching for the next 40 years. But 9/11 caused it to hit a 'hard stop', stick for a little bit and is now swinging back. It's a 75-100 year cycle from end to end swing. So about 30-40 years from now, we'll be looking at a good balance of liberalism and conservatism again.

This is just the beginning of the end of the progressive era.

Last edited:

We're talking about his listeners. If he didn't have so many rwn listeners, those advertisers wouldn't be there. Capiche?

Olberman signs off from Countdown? Newsflash jack. There is no Countdown anymore. Olberman got tossed to the curb. It isn't like he made some huge decision to better the world and leave the show.

Yup. We are watching the cultural pendulum which started swinging 'liberal' back in 1930 begin swinging back the other way. It rapidly passed it's 'balance point' in the 1960's and then kept over-reaching for the next 40 years. But 9/11 caused it to hit a 'hard stop', stick for a little bit and is now swinging back. It's a 75-100 year cycle from end to end swing. So about 30-40 years from now, we'll be looking at a good balance of liberalism and conservatism again.

Sure it is....

Olberman signs off from Countdown? Newsflash jack. There is no Countdown anymore. Olberman got tossed to the curb. It isn't like he made some huge decision to better the world and leave the show.

This is why you wingnuts like Fox, you don't mind speculation to the point of lying in an attempt to make a point.

being the highest rated host on msnbc is like being the world's tallest midget.

i think the takeover gave his existing bosses the opportunity to dump him; sooner or later if you tell your boss to go shit in his hat, he'll shit in yours, and that's what happened to keith.

i'm sure he'll be missed.

personally, i thought him being on msnbc was the best thing that ever happened...

to ESPN.

and in terms of ratings on MSNBC, the same could be said of having high ratings on cable news as opposed to network TV...

it's got nothing to do with ratings; it's got to do with him being a completely over the top egomaniacal blowhard who pissed off his bosses.

Who's going to take him?

ESPN?...Yeah, right!

Fox?...Ummm, nope.

Versus?...He might look good flipping around in the bottom of Al Lindner's fishing boat.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Last edited:

We're talking about his listeners. If he didn't have so many rwn listeners, those advertisers wouldn't be there. Capiche?
His listeners don't pay him a dime, therefore who's 'republican money' do you think he's getting?

Sure it is....
believe what you want. History bears it out.

This is why you wingnuts like Fox, you don't mind speculation to the point of lying in an attempt to make a point.

Disprove even one point I made Sarah.

I believe he makes plenty on his own....he's quite popular you know...

With Republicans.

I'd have to check the stats on that...

You obviously listen to him also... otherwise ...

You'd have to admit a left leaning lemming mentality...:lol:

I used to listen in the beginning but he got too extreme and racist thru his drug induced haze for someone like me. I believe in hearing people out but he just got ignorant fast.

I suspect (and hope) not.
Do you consider Iran a liberal or conservative culture? Was the Soviet Union conservative or liberal; China under Mao?
What does the "end of the progressive era" portend? A new era of regression, a return to the ways of the past?

Disprove even one point I made Sarah.

The onus is on you, you're the one with the outrageous commentary.

Who's going to take him?

ESPN?...Yeah, right!

Fox?...Ummm, nope.

Versus?...He might look good flipping around in the bottom of Al Lindner's fishing boat.

NPR. ;) :lol:

It might have been interesting if FOX would have held on to him, the conversation on both sides would have been interesting. Pair him up with Colmes, maybe a couple of others from the Left, giving him a chance to adapt, to dealing with having to defend his positions live. It could have been a good experience for him, in a sink or swim kind of way. I think FOX should have honored his contract.

Forum List

Back