Olberman signs off from Countdown

The bottom line is Olberman was an unpopular personality, on an unpopular network, in an unpopular market ("liberal" news shows). Add his pompous arrogance and big mouth to the mix and the outcome was as inevitable as the first 4-5 jobs he was fired from.

But the bottom line remains that had he been making money (unless he's an even bigger asshole than we know), he'd still be there.

actually, you continue to prove your lack of knowledge about pretty much anything...
(well, maybe except what caliber makes you feel most like you have male genitalia)....

but olbermann is MSNBC's highest-rated host...

that's pithy... but you don't think the possible takeover by comcast has the slightest thing to do with MSNBC not keeping on their highest rated host?

being the highest rated host on msnbc is like being the world's tallest midget.

i think the takeover gave his existing bosses the opportunity to dump him; sooner or later if you tell your boss to go shit in his hat, he'll shit in yours, and that's what happened to keith.

i'm sure he'll be missed.

personally, i thought him being on msnbc was the best thing that ever happened...

to ESPN.

but if it were about ratings, he wouldn't be the person to be off the air.

and in terms of ratings on MSNBC, the same could be said of having high ratings on cable news as opposed to network TV...

but that doesn't stop the freaks who think fauxnews is the be all, end all...

that's pithy... but you don't think the possible takeover by comcast has the slightest thing to do with MSNBC not keeping on their highest rated host?

i think the takeover gave his existing bosses the opportunity to dump him; sooner or later if you tell your boss to go shit in his hat, he'll shit in yours, and that's what happened to keith.

personally, i thought him being on msnbc was the best thing that ever happened...

to ESPN.

and in terms of ratings on MSNBC, the same could be said of having high ratings on cable news as opposed to network TV...

it's got nothing to do with ratings; it's got to do with him being a completely over the top egomaniacal blowhard who pissed off his bosses.

he's threatening to go back to sports :eek:

The bottom line is Olberman was an unpopular personality, on an unpopular network, in an unpopular market ("liberal" news shows). Add his pompous arrogance and big mouth to the mix and the outcome was as inevitable as the first 4-5 jobs he was fired from.

But the bottom line remains that had he been making money (unless he's an even bigger asshole than we know), he'd still be there.

actually, you continue to prove your lack of knowledge about pretty much anything...
(well, maybe except what caliber makes you feel most like you have male genitalia)....

Being the highest rated host on MSNBC is like winning a Gold Medal at the Special Olympics. Yes, it is a major accomplishment. Yes, its a gold medal. Yes it was an "Olympics." But even the guy who came in 4th at the REAL Olympics will be remembered long after you're forgotten.

And since you're so curious, I love a 45/70 with iron sights. It makes my dick seem even longer than it actually is (its average, except when I'm carrying the 45/70, then it becomes UberCock, Master of the Vaginal Universe). Longer, heavier, and MUCH slower. It packs a real punch, you jealous fucking whore. :)

Being the highest rated host on MSNBC is like winning a Gold Medal at the Special Olympics. Yes, it is a major accomplishment. Yes, its a gold medal. Yes it was an "Olympics." But even the guy who came in 4th at the REAL Olympics will be remembered long after you're forgotten.

And since you're so curious, I love a 45/70 with iron sights. It makes my dick seem even longer than it actually is (its average, except when I'm carrying the 45/70, then it becomes UberCock, Master of the Vaginal Universe). Longer, heavier, and MUCH slower. It packs a real punch, you jealous fucking whore. :)

save it for your shrink, otay?

:thup:

to ESPN.

I don't think Fox News is the be all to end all, but it seems that many on the left consider Fox to be outrageously evil......so it just tickles me when I look at the numbers. It also doesn't hurt when I see the competition going down in flames.

So you have to ask yourself, why are "liars" like Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, and Greta doing so well in comparison to Air America, Rachel Maddow, Keith Olberman, and the rest of the talking heads. Why is John Stewart held with more regard then all of them even though his is a comedy show? Bill Maher, same thing.

to ESPN.

'cmon sweetie..........stop the snivelling............move on, its not the end of the world!!:boobies:

save it for your shrink, otay?

:thup:

Don't have one, and it would be an exercise in futility anyway. UberCock has a mind of his own, and a will no one can repress. That is but one of the reasons I reserve the 45/70 for special occasions only (I normally carry a 45, which makes him a respectable Alpha-Cock in most of the circles I normally run in). But when the 45/70 is in my hand, he rules over all.

Threads like this prove, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that whole "mystery, wrapped in an enigma" thing about women.

rating are everything huh guys?

Fox may have great ratings but they also won a court case by showing a news station can legally lie to their viewers.

Anyone would be silly to trust a news stations reports who fired a reporter for refusing to lie to the viewers.

to ESPN.

I don't think Fox News is the be all to end all, but it seems that many on the left consider Fox to be outrageously evil......so it just tickles me when I look at the numbers. It also doesn't hurt when I see the competition going down in flames.

So you have to ask yourself, why are "liars" like Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, and Greta doing so well in comparison to Air America, Rachel Maddow, Keith Olberman, and the rest of the talking heads. Why is John Stewart held with more regard then all of them even though his is a comedy show? Bill Maher, same thing.
As explained up the thread...fans of Rush, Beck, etc., either need to be told what to think or seek out an echo chamber to confirm their beliefs.

Liberals don't need that.

the difference is, conservatives tune in because they already agree with whats being said
but the liberals use other forms to be programed
;)

So right wingers are so insecure in their convictions that they need constant reinforcement?
I must digress a moment. Does your pussy irritate you as much as it does me?
2005687906575855616_rs.jpg

As explained up the thread...fans of Rush, Beck, etc., either need to be told what to think or seek out an echo chamber to confirm their beliefs.

you're funny

Now that's some great comedy Ravi .. I'm impressed...:lol::lol:

Liberals are the largest group of lemmings on the planet. What to think is not an issue, just follow whoever is in front of you.

Does anyone honestly think it's a coincidence that one day after Comcast bought NBC that Keith is gone?

As for Keith himself, best of luck in his future projects and I'm sure he'll find plenty of work.

The people who are probably going to be most heartbroken about this are those on the right who are obsessed with Keith and Rachel. I assume their attention now will be focused squarely on Rachel until she moves on as well.

C'est La Vie.

FCC approved the deal, but the deal is not yet final. Comcast doesn't own NBC quite yet, and they do not have any operational control over content at all.

Does anyone honestly think it's a coincidence that one day after Comcast bought NBC that Keith is gone?

As for Keith himself, best of luck in his future projects and I'm sure he'll find plenty of work.

The people who are probably going to be most heartbroken about this are those on the right who are obsessed with Keith and Rachel. I assume their attention now will be focused squarely on Rachel until she moves on as well.

C'est La Vie.
Till I see proof otherwise it was either:

a. KO quit out of protest.
b. KO was fired for his low ratings
c. KO was fired for his antics in November
d. KO was fired because he pissed off someone in NBC management

This will probably be my last serious response to this thread because KO was never worth more than derision and his fans, mockery.

And now, back to your regularly programmed lolcats.

funny-pictures-cat-is-waffling.jpg

to ESPN.

it's got nothing to do with ratings; it's got to do with him being a completely over the top egomaniacal blowhard who pissed off his bosses.

he's threatening to go back to sports :eek:

as opposed to rush, hannity, beck???

i figure olbermann is benign compared to them.

i never heard anyone complain about his sportscasting before. but then again, i'm not a sports person.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

C'est La Vie.

FCC approved the deal, but the deal is not yet final. Comcast doesn't own NBC quite yet, and they do not have any operational control over content at all.

you know there were discussions about what it would take for the deal to go through.

Forum List

Back