Olberman signs off from Countdown

Does anyone honestly think it's a coincidence that one day after Comcast bought NBC that Keith is gone?

As for Keith himself, best of luck in his future projects and I'm sure he'll find plenty of work.

The people who are probably going to be most heartbroken about this are those on the right who are obsessed with Keith and Rachel. I assume their attention now will be focused squarely on Rachel until she moves on as well.

C'est La Vie.

FCC approved the deal, but the deal is not yet final. Comcast doesn't own NBC quite yet, and they do not have any operational control over content at all.

We may never know all the facts.

Does anyone honestly think it's a coincidence that one day after Comcast bought NBC that Keith is gone?

As for Keith himself, best of luck in his future projects and I'm sure he'll find plenty of work.

The people who are probably going to be most heartbroken about this are those on the right who are obsessed with Keith and Rachel. I assume their attention now will be focused squarely on Rachel until she moves on as well.

C'est La Vie.

FCC approved the deal, but the deal is not yet final. Comcast doesn't own NBC quite yet, and they do not have any operational control over content at all.

you know there were discussions about what it would take for the deal to go through.

And it makes even less sense then that Comcast would want Olbermann to be gone as a precondition of the deal.

Why damage the property you're looking to purchase by insisting they get rid of their highest rated show?

No, my bet is that O either has some personal issues, or let his ego run away with him again and his current bosses saw an opportunity to get rid of him. After all, they have nothing to lose, they're about to turn over the property to someone else.

Comcast is genius, reduced expenses and liabilities while increasing value before they even have control. Madcow is next, partiularly if he tries to compensate for the lack of Olberman.

Comcast is genius, reduced expenses and liabilities while increasing value before they even have control. Madcow is next, partiularly if he tries to compensate for the lack of Olberman.

And you know he will.

Like tigers in the wild, they will eat their own.

Getting rid of Olbermann reduces the value of the property, not increases it.

This is pretty funny. After the Tuscon shooting, liberals salivated with the idea of using the tragedy as an excuse of bringing back the falsely named "Fairness Doctrine" to get rid of Rush Limbaugh.

But who is gone? Keith Olbermann!

Liberals just keep losing, bit by bit!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't think Fox News is the be all to end all, but it seems that many on the left consider Fox to be outrageously evil......so it just tickles me when I look at the numbers. It also doesn't hurt when I see the competition going down in flames.

So you have to ask yourself, why are "liars" like Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, and Greta doing so well in comparison to Air America, Rachel Maddow, Keith Olberman, and the rest of the talking heads. Why is John Stewart held with more regard then all of them even though his is a comedy show? Bill Maher, same thing.
As explained up the thread...fans of Rush, Beck, etc., either need to be told what to think or seek out an echo chamber to confirm their beliefs.

Liberals don't need that.

Now that's some great comedy Ravi .. I'm impressed...:lol::lol:

Foxfans walk around with their hands stretched out in front of them like zombies wandering aimlessly.

rating are everything huh guys?

Fox may have great ratings but they also won a court case by showing a news station can legally lie to their viewers.

Anyone would be silly to trust a news stations reports who fired a reporter for refusing to lie to the viewers.
In media... yes.

Don't believe me? Ask their advertisers who are charged according to ratings.

This is pretty funny. After the Tuscon shooting, liberals salivated with the idea of using the tragedy as an excuse of bringing back the falsely named "Fairness Doctrine" to get rid of Rush Limbaugh.

You're right, Limbaugh has no shame. He just keeps stuffing his fat pockets with Republican money.

Getting rid of Olbermann reduces the value of the property, not increases it.

You can hire just about anything conservative talk show host and have a higher audience than 450,000. No, this increased the value.

Yup .. Do Do Birds .. or Doh Doh Birds or Doo Doo Birds ... oh well.. pick one

I heard MSNBC is replacing him with Three Stooges re-runs.

Now maybe Keef can go back to what he was good at; Sports.

I heard MSNBC is replacing him with Three Stooges re-runs.

Now maybe Keef can go back to what he was good at; Sports.

I think he's burned that bridge as well.

He will wind up like Ted Williams one day. Someone will stop on the street, throw him a dollar, and ask him to give them a sports nickname or something.

Just announced that tonight was his last show

Did he say why?

Ratings, I'm sure.

They'll give some personal reason (health, wants to do something new, moving to Singapore), but his ratings were horrible.

If they were making money off of him, he wouldn't be leaving.

This article from Forbes offers an alternative explanation:

Was Comcast Behind Keith Olbermann’s Exit from MSNBC? - Jeff Bercovici - Mixed Media - Forbes

You're right, Limbaugh has no shame. He just keeps stuffing his fat pockets with Republican money.

I believe he makes plenty on his own....he's quite popular you know...

110122-olby2.jpg

Forum List

Back