Old Testament Question?

Heh. Yeah...

I think the people at the time just liked to have sex with various things...

Mother: Leda, what on earth are you doing with that thing?
Leda (decoupling from swan): Oh, uh...mom! Er...yeah, well you see that was Zeus. Yeah, that's right, Zeus! The big man! He forced himself on me, only he was...er...in the form of a...uh...swan.

hehehe.. im thinking the same kind of thing happend to the "virgin" mary.

Leda may also have been raped by one of the wonder twins.

"Shape of...a SWAN!"

yea.. but im sure ice could be forming all kinds of phallic shapes too.

still, the nephilim always interested me.

Incest isn't in the 10 commandments.

It didn't become an issue until the Jews went into the wilderness, and needed laws to help them function. One of the laws was to avoid sexual relations with your mother, stepmother, brothers, sisters, fathers, etc. Before that, there weren't enough people for it to be any other way. Heck, the pharoahs line bred.

The pharonic line could have done with a bit of hybrid vigour :D

Heh. Yeah...

I think the people at the time just liked to have sex with various things...

Mother: Leda, what on earth are you doing with that thing?
Leda (decoupling from swan): Oh, uh...mom! Er...yeah, well you see that was Zeus. Yeah, that's right, Zeus! The big man! He forced himself on me, only he was...er...in the form of a...uh...swan.

Leda wasn't even trying...now Europa....

The Bible does not directly discuss others at all, but the obvious fact is there were others. Cain was cast out and went to live with others and unless we are the product of incest all the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve married others as well. Simple common sense.

Agreed, this is the obvious answer, no evidence of Cain committing incest exists.

Agreed, this is the obvious answer, no evidence of Cain committing incest exists.

If that's the case, then I guess you're both saying we didn't all descend from Adam & Eve like the Bible says. I just hope you and RGS can come to peace with the fact that you're both going to hell. :badgrin:

The Bible does not directly discuss others at all, but the obvious fact is there were others. Cain was cast out and went to live with others and unless we are the product of incest all the sons and daughters of Adam and Eve married others as well. Simple common sense.

Yep.... and the obvious fact is also that the story of creation is allegorical. Adam and Eve were representative of "people", right up to "adam" meaning "man" in Hebrew.

Adam Kadmon

If that's the case, then I guess you're both saying we didn't all descend from Adam & Eve like the Bible says. I just hope you and RGS can come to peace with the fact that you're both going to hell. :badgrin:

Going to hell? LOL, no need to think that. Rest assured, no evidence exists that Cain commited incest nor was Adam and Eve's relationship incestuous. How does this go against the the Bible saying all humans descend from Adam and Eve?

Going to hell? LOL, no need to think that. Rest assured, no evidence exists that Cain commited incest nor was Adam and Eve's relationship incestuous. How does this go against the the Bible saying all humans descend from Adam and Eve?

If you're question is serious, then you don't know what "descend" means in this context.

If Eve came from Adam's rib, I would think that would be even more damning than incest. Sort of like reproducing with your own clone.

There is no evidence that Cain wasn't out fucking his dad in the ass either.

Mani, this is where you'll hear a bunch of shit about god making A&E FIRST but not necessarily exclusively, ie they were the first but god made others as well. Which, still, doesn't make sense why other created humans should have paid the price of Eves sin.

If Eve came from Adam's rib, I would think that would be even more damning than incest. Sort of like reproducing with your own clone.

This is misinterpretation of the Bible, the Bible says God created Eve from the rib of Adam, but Eve wasn't created as the sister of Adam. Oh well, ast least it wasn't Adam and Steve, now thats a huge problem.

Forum List

Back