OMG! Doomsday Glacier Melting

Sunsettommy

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2018
The lie about the Glaciers continues despite the fact there are a couple of active VOLCANOES under them...

Science Matters

OMG! Doomsday Glacier Melting​

by Ron Clutz

June 21, 2022

Excerpt:

1655943050463.png

With the potential to raise global sea levels, Antarctica’s Thwaites Glacier has been widely nicknamed the ‘Doomsday Glacier’

Climate alarms often involve big numbers in far away places threatening you in your backyard. Today’s example of such a scare comes from Daily Mail Antarctica’s ‘Doomsday Glacier’ is melting at the fastest rate for 5,500 YEARS – and could raise global sea levels by up to 11 FEET, study warns. Excerpts in italics with my bolds.

Although these vulnerable glaciers were relatively stable during the past few millennia, their current rate of retreat is accelerating and already raising global sea level,’ said Dr Dylan Rood of Imperial’s Department of Earth Science and Engineering, who co-authored the study.

LINK

The lie about the Glaciers continues despite the fact there are a couple of active VOLCANOES under them...

Science Matters

by Ron Clutz

June 21, 2022

Excerpt:

View attachment 661058
With the potential to raise global sea levels, Antarctica’s Thwaites Glacier has been widely nicknamed the ‘Doomsday Glacier’

Climate alarms often involve big numbers in far away places threatening you in your backyard. Today’s example of such a scare comes from Daily Mail Antarctica’s ‘Doomsday Glacier’ is melting at the fastest rate for 5,500 YEARS – and could raise global sea levels by up to 11 FEET, study warns. Excerpts in italics with my bolds.

Although these vulnerable glaciers were relatively stable during the past few millennia, their current rate of retreat is accelerating and already raising global sea level,’ said Dr Dylan Rood of Imperial’s Department of Earth Science and Engineering, who co-authored the study.

LINK
Warnalarmies' New Scapegoat

Fat penguins got shamed and, in reaction, are using the glacier as a jogging track.

Science Matters

by Ron Clutz

June 21, 2022

Excerpt:

View attachment 661058

LINK
Obama home Martha Vineyards..............Obama home Hawaii......................
Obammy doesnt seem too afraid of a little old glacier.
1655945404468.png 1655945529141.png

Dunno much about the glaciers elsewhere, but those that have been in the US have been melting at an alarming rate. Pretty soon, Glacier National Park will have to be called something else because there will be no more glaciers there. Lots of Montana's glaciers (my home state) are almost no more.

How interesting.

If I put a whole lot of ice cubes in a glass of water and watch them melt, I don't notice the water level rising.
Actually the water level goes down, because as a solid water has more volume which causing the water to rise while in the form of ice, but lower when the ice melts.

Dunno much about the glaciers elsewhere, but those that have been in the US have been melting at an alarming rate. Pretty soon, Glacier National Park will have to be called something else because there will be no more glaciers there. Lots of Montana's glaciers (my home state) are almost no more.

Climate happens.
Where is a guarantee glaciers are supposed to last indefinitely?
Last I heard, the whole US continent was covered with glaciers, what the hell happened to them?

Climate happens.
Where is a guarantee glaciers are supposed to last indefinitely?
Last I heard, the whole US continent was covered with glaciers, what the hell happened to them?

Never has America been completely covered by glaciers. BTW, it's the "North American Continent", not the "US Continent" as you incorrectly stated. The furthest south that glaciers have gotten was only down to 37 degrees latitude, and that was way back during the Pleistocene Epoch, which was a long time ago. You must be old if it was the last time you heard, as you said.

Never has America been completely covered by glaciers. BTW, it's the "North American Continent", not the "US Continent" as you incorrectly stated. The furthest south that glaciers have gotten was only down to 37 degrees latitude, and that was way back during the Pleistocene Epoch, which was a long time ago. You must be old if it was the last time you heard, as you said.
Oh wow, man.....so where did they go, like I asked?

Glacier Park Glaciers were at their peak in the LIA thus melting back which started 200 years ago isn't a surprise in a warming world but not at an alarming rate since even at its peak they were really small because the climate for the area barely supports it.

Glacier Park Glaciers were at their peak in the LIA thus melting back which started 200 years ago isn't a surprise in a warming world but not at an alarming rate since even at its peak they were really small because the climate for the area barely supports it.
So they are not guaranteed to last forever.

Recycling that stupidity again? It's been years since deniers have been able to come up with any sort original kookery.

The right-wing rush to authoritarianism has sucked all the energy out of denialism. Destroying democracy and implementing a christofascist utopia is way more exciting than mumbling about climate, so all the propaganda energy of the right is getting directed that way.

Recycling that stupidity again? It's been years since deniers have been able to come up with any sort original kookery.

The right-wing rush to authoritarianism has sucked all the energy out of denialism. Destroying democracy and implementing a christofascist utopia is way more exciting than mumbling about climate, so all the propaganda energy of the right is getting directed that way.

Ha ha ha another evidence/fact free reply which you also avoided the article I posted since you didn't address it thus you started with NOTHING ended up with NOTHING!

The Volcanos are real and melting the two glaciers that is a FACT!

Post one remains unchallenged

Forum List

Back