OMG! I just figured out why yankee's are so hateful.

UllysesS.Archer

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2014
It's strawberries.

There are strawberries everywhere around here, right now, even a strawberry festival going on in Unicoi county. Strawberry pies, cupcakes, milkshakes, and just strawberries and cream.

Yes, Yankee's can get strawberries, I just wonder how many in the big cities actually have ever had a real fresh strawberry. There is something heavenly about it. If you go to a store, and buy strawberries, fresh from the fields, they taste different than those fresh off the vines. I can't explain it, it's like it loses flavor in just a few short hours. Even Scott's fresh strawberry stands, that are picked early in the morning, loses flavor by just after noon.

If you want to find happiness, then get your rear into a strawberry field, and get a bucket full, then get a bucket full to take home, because that first bucket has no chance of getting out of the field. If you want to taste a real strawberry, eat one fresh picked by hand, mmmmmmmm, it's so damn good.

It's strawberries.

There are strawberries everywhere around here, right now, even a strawberry festival going on in Unicoi county. Strawberry pies, cupcakes, milkshakes, and just strawberries and cream.

Yes, Yankee's can get strawberries, I just wonder how many in the big cities actually have ever had a real fresh strawberry. There is something heavenly about it. If you go to a store, and buy strawberries, fresh from the fields, they taste different than those fresh off the vines. I can't explain it, it's like it loses flavor in just a few short hours. Even Scott's fresh strawberry stands, that are picked early in the morning, loses flavor by just after noon.

If you want to find happiness, then get your rear into a strawberry field, and get a bucket full, then get a bucket full to take home, because that first bucket has no chance of getting out of the field. If you want to taste a real strawberry, eat one fresh picked by hand, mmmmmmmm, it's so damn good.
I hate Yankees.

True fact.

I love strawberries, watermelons and other things Yankees never get fresh.

I wouldn't knowingly sell a watermelon to a Yankee.

Unless it grew from a dog turd.

I'd sell a dog turd melon to a Yankee.

mmmmmmm...watermelon...

Every year, I spend way to much on watermelons. I have an old water tight coke cooler that still works, and I get about 6 at a time and drop them in that cold ass water, and that night I start on the first one, cold, and juicy, damn im hungry.

and old fashioned homemake ice cream, yet, im spoiled on that, I make that nearly every weekend. As a matter of fact, I have just a little left, so I gotta go now.

mmmmmmm...watermelon...

Every year, I spend way to much on watermelons. I have an old water tight coke cooler that still works, and I get about 6 at a time and drop them in that cold ass water, and that night I start on the first one, cold, and juicy, damn im hungry.
Growing up, a melon, when we had one, had to be split 6-8 ways.

In my dotage, I grow them for myself mainly, and eat only the heart, sharing the rest with the foxes and crows.

But not with Yankees; I wouldn't give a Yankee a watermelon rind gnawed down to the skin.

and old fashioned homemake ice cream, yet, im spoiled on that, I make that nearly every weekend. As a matter of fact, I have just a little left, so I gotta go now.
Sounds like a good idea.

That might be the first treat I make for my GF when we get into our new(to us) house; my recipe uses vanilla beans, four eggs and 1/2 gallon of cream.

With the fresh strawberries, it should be just wonderful.

It's strawberries.

I hate Yankees.

True fact.

I'm a Yankee from Indiana and my grandfather used to grow strawberries, cantaloupe (in Indiana it's called muskmelon) and watermelons to die for.

It's strawberries.

I hate Yankees.

True fact.

I'm a Yankee from Indiana and my grandfather used to grow strawberries, cantaloupe (in Indiana it's called muskmelon) and watermelons to die for.

Probably fertilized them with dog turds.

It's strawberries.

I hate Yankees.

True fact.

Probably fertilized them with dog turds.

Cow manure :)

dude i go to roan mt and get strawberries they are outta sc.....the unicoi festival uses scotts berries i think

i am just over the border in avery

dude i go to roan mt and get strawberries they are outta sc.....the unicoi festival uses scotts berries i think

i am just over the border in avery
Yep, Scott's berries, but there are scott's farms all over east Tennessee. Including several just a few minutes from me...

BTW my daughter lives Roan MTN.

I hate Yankees.

True fact.

What did we do to deserve this?

Made Georgia howl.

So to be clear, you hate people because some of their ancestors were involved in a war 160 years ago? What is the sense in that?

I'm curious, does it matter at all that many Yankees didn't even have any ancestors around then? For example, the oldest my family goes back to the US is in the 1890s.

I'm curious, what would you think of a black person who decided to hate the South for holding so many slaves?

Forum List

Back