On guns: "Do the right thing!"

Teachers have enough responsibility. They shouldn't have to carry guns in the classroom. Too much can go wrong.
There are 2 dead teachers right now that may not have been dead if they were trained and armed. Besides if would-be perps knew their 'going out in a blaze of glory' won't happen because the targets are hardened with armed teachers and armed school guards it would be a deterrent to them. The first perp that tries it again will be ventilated and just put down like a rabid dog. That's called deterring violence.

Like the state of Texas controlled by repugnants. That’s a shit hole, Mississippi and a bunch of other of the most dangerous states to live in controlled by repugnants.

Yeah....Texas is such a shithole everyone from California is moving there including all the Tech Geniuses.....

You are such a dumb ass.

Meet the Republicans representing cities with a higher murder rate than Chicago​

Idiot....from your link...by city....the mayors of these cities.......the ones listed as having Republican House members....

First......members of the house do not control cities...you idiot...they represent large districts with no direct say in how the police are treated or releasing violent criminals over and over again..

The mayor of jackson mississippi is a democrat....

Baton Rouge...except for 2 republicans.....democrat mayors going back to 1872

Little Rock, Arkansas...democrat

Cincinatti, Ohio....except for "Charterite," mayors, the rest are democrats going back to 1971

Dayton, Ohio...democrats...again...

South Bend, Indiana.....democrat

Kansas City, Missouri....2 Republicans...democrats going back to 1918...

Wilmington, North Carolina....democrat

So..........you have nothing....the reason you morons use the Federal House...is you have to try to hide the democrat party policies and the way they increase violent crime...

I'm not, but if you insist on being an ignorant, non-thinking little brain-dead fuck, I won't try to stop you...

Why are you afraid to answer my question?

What are you, as an anti-gun, American-hating lib, willing to compromise on?

Do you agree that we will never, ever get rid of all guns?
You’re not in favor of criminals getting guns, but you’re not in favor of universal background checks…..pretty dumb combination.

There are 2 dead teachers right now that may not have been dead if they were trained and armed.
That’s bullshit. Cops can easily be defeated with body armor and an AR15. You think teachers won’t be ?

There are 2 dead teachers right now that may not have been dead if they were trained and armed. Besides if would-be perps knew their 'going out in a blaze of glory' won't happen because the targets are hardened with armed teachers and armed school guards it would be a deterrent to them. The first perp that tries it again will be ventilated and just put down like a rabid dog. That's called deterring violence.
You don’t have a fking clue do you.

You’re not in favor of criminals getting guns, but you’re not in favor of universal background checks…..pretty dumb combination.

Hey...dipshit...explain how universal background checks keep criminals from getting guns....

first, you have to get around...

1) criminals steal guns

2) criminals use straw buyers...people who can pass any background checks, to buy their guns from legal gun sellers...

Get back to us when you can get past those two facts....

You assholes want universal background checks simply so you can then demand gun registration.....

That’s bullshit. Cops can easily be defeated with body armor and an AR15. You think teachers won’t be ?

Explain this...you dumb ass....this happened the same week as Uvalde......she is not a cop, she is not a Navy SEAL.......

West Virginia mass shooting stopped...

People like this West Virginia woman who stopped what could have become a mass shooting just a day after Uvalde.

Police said a woman who was lawfully carrying a pistol shot and killed a man who began shooting at a crowd of people Wednesday night in Charleston.

Dennis Butler was killed after allegedly shooting at dozens of people attending a graduation party Wednesday near the Vista View Apartment complex. No injuries were reported from those at the party.

Investigators said Butler was warned about speeding in the area with children present before he left. He later returned with an AR-15-style firearm and began firing into the crowd before he was shot and killed.

“Instead of running from the threat, she engaged with the threat and saved several lives last night,” Charleston Police Department Chief of Detectives Tony Hazelett said.
Officers did not go into detail, but said Butler did have an extensive criminal history.

Now, doesn’t that sound like an attempted mass shooting to you?
But it wasn’t.
It wasn’t because the woman was there, had a gun, and had the will to use it at that crucial moment. Hazelett noted the woman won’t be facing any charges, which she shouldn’t.

West Virginia armed citizen stops potential mass shooting
=======

Universal background checks are a waste of time and money. They will do little to thwart gun violence.

If a person buys a gun on January 1 and gets a background check, that's fine. Perfect. If that person receives his gun and then goes to buy another on February 1, you want him to have another background check.

That's stupid.

First, the odds of there being a significant change in a person's background check is slim to none. If a person does go off the rails after the start of that first background check, he's already got a gun. Second, if someone is planning to shoot up a school, odds are he won't obtain his weapon of choice through legal channels. Sure, it happens, as in Uvalde, but the fact of the matter there is that the shooter passed the background check.

I got my Florida CCW four years ago. July of 2018 was the last time I had a background check. There's been no change in my mental health, I'm not depressed or abusing drugs, nor have I had any run-ins with law enforcement. Basically, if you run a background check on me tomorrow, you're going to see pretty much the same picture that you'd have seen four years ago.

There are people who don't want background checks at all, and there are those, like you, who want one every time the wind blows. I'm neither. I'm more than willing to compromise on the issue of background checks. That doesn't mean capitulate to the idea, it means I'll compromise on it.

Now, I'll ask you again (since you seem to be cowardly avoiding it): What are you willing to compromise on?

Universal background checks are a waste of time and money. They will do little to thwart gun violence.
They work…..states that have them on average, have less gun violence. You just want to be free to sell guns to criminals.

Basically, if you run a background check on me tomorrow, you're going to see pretty much the same picture that you'd have seen four years ago.
Typical deflection. We don’t have universal BC to keep you from buying a gun fool. It’s to keep you from selling a gun to criminals. You love to be able to sell a gun in private sales to anyone.

They work…..states that have them on average, have less gun violence. You just want to be free to sell guns to criminals.

Okay, so I guess I'm just going to go ahead and move you over to that great big steamy pile of human shit that is my "ignore" list.

I've tried to have an actual conversation with you, despite your ignorant assertion that I want to sell criminals guns.

I've said that I'm in favor of background checks, and I'm willing to compromise on that issue. I've asked you, repeatedly, what you're willing to compromise on, and you've been nothing but an abject failure at naming even a single thing. What that tells me is that you're not going to be part of any solution. And, if you're dead set against being a part of any solution, it's a complete waste of time talking to you.

The undeniable reality regarding you is that you want to whine about gun violence more than you want to do something about it. While you whine about how you think I want to sell criminals guns, you actually reveal that you want that practice to continue so you have something to whine about.

Like I said, you're a waste of time...

Typical deflection. We don’t have universal BC to keep you from buying a gun fool. It’s to keep you from selling a gun to criminals. You love to be able to sell a gun in private sales to anyone.

Most criminals don't buy their guns down at "Gun 'R Us". They obtain them illegally.

Background checks would accomplish nothing.

So, what are YOU willing to compromise on?

Most criminals don't buy their guns down at "Gun 'R Us". They obtain them illegally.

Background checks would accomplish nothing.

So, what are YOU willing to compromise on?
I don’t care about criminals buying guns. I care about you selling them to criminals.

I don’t care about criminals buying guns. I care about you selling them to criminals.

Still too big a coward to answer my question.

Pity.

As for me selling guns to criminals, how would subjecting me to a universal background check keep me from selling a gun to a criminal?

The average firearm homicide rate in states without background checks is 58 percent higher than the average in states with background-check laws in place.

Until you answer my question, nothing you say will have any value at all. And, by extension, neither will you...

Forum List

Back